Viper (& other) Driving School Prices...

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just quoted $3195 for 3-day Justin Bell Driving School (which sadly switched from Vipers to Z06 a while back.) Thought that the price was definitely on the high side though mighty convenient near me at the Homestead-Miami Speedway. Wondering if increased insurance costs have sent prices thru the roof especially here in Florida?

What kind of prices are folks paying for 2 or 3 day programs, (preferably with a nice VCA discount)? Anyone do the Justin Bell program in the last 12 months or so?

Thanks

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price sounds about right.

The best bang for your buck is ViperDays or a club event (BMW, Porsche). After you do a school-like event you can join a club like www.SafeMotorsports.com for about $60/year and race at Homestead, Moroso and Sebring for about $200/day. And you'll get hours of track time!

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just quoted $3195 for 3-day Justin Bell Driving School (which sadly switched from Vipers to Z06 a while back.) Thought that the price was definitely on the high side though mighty convenient near me at the Homestead-Miami Speedway. Wondering if increased insurance costs have sent prices thru the roof especially here in Florida?

What kind of prices are folks paying for 2 or 3 day programs, (preferably with a nice VCA discount)? Anyone do the Justin Bell program in the last 12 months or so?

Thanks

:laugh: This is a Great School to improve your driving skills. The price is the same as last year when I attended in March. You do not say how much "experience" you have.....

;) How much DE track time do you have? If your just getting started, contact your local clubs such as PCA (Porsche), BMW, etc. and join in with their schools for a while. You don't want to spend 3 grand learning how to "heel & toe", finding the turn in, apex, and track out points, braking in a straight line before corner entry, etc.

:D When you are ready for advance instructions, then the school is a Great Investment! Justin has GOOD instructors, I was lucky to get John Paul jr.,Shane Lewis also instructs and there are others who are knowledgable too. It's all about car balance and weight control! The only contact with the road is four tire patches and you need to maximize the "traction circle".

:cool: Good luck and have FUN! Cya on the TRACK!

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff -- I think Trumper makes a good point. You may not want to spend this much to learn the basics. Local club days provide a good starting point.

We have several economical alternatives in Central Texas. The Driver's Edge Program provides excellent instruction and economical track time. Run groups are based on experience and car performance. Direct cost is less than $300 per weekend for about 4 hours track time (with an instructor). We also have driving clinics with Bobby Archer which run about $600 for a day of instruction and track time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Good Luck!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, go with us!! We have 3 spots left ( out of 26 ) for fellow Viper crazies who want to go to a Racing School. We
go every year , and this time we are invading Virginia International Raceway for 3 full days of Formula Car Racing. We
have 2 groups ( novice and advanced - advanced is just based on those that have been to other 3 day schools )
and lots of seat time. $2695 and passing on Day One , with no liability to the Novice group. We are staying in an
Ante-Bellum Hotel nearby, and with breakfast there, and lunch at the track, you only have dinner to contend with-
money wise. If 0-60 in 4.2, 2 gs of cornering capability, 130mph speeds down the straights, and lots of lying ( er
benchracing ) with fellow Viperholics, then...............call me soon while we still have some spots.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler
1-800-889-1893

PS - Whoops! We are going March 17-19 , with Big ***** throwing a party at the Hotel on the 16th!

Reaction score
Start with the Skip Barber 2 day school and follow that with their Car Control Clinic then a 3 day racing school.
The 2 days school is discounted 25% to VCA members the others are discounted 10%

Skip Barber has schools all over the country allowing you to do lapping (after the racing school) days at various tracks in their open wheel cars.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days will be less than a third of the price and will be 100% Viper specific instruction and track time. I highly recommend it and with the schedule this year you won't have to travel far.

Jeff

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of the schools provide the Viper to drive?

The Viper Racing School is no longer. They switched to some crappy inferior Generic Motors product. I think Skip Barber had some Vipers at one time.

There is an arrive and drive program for some Viper Days events if you got the cash.

Do Viper Days. Don't worry about wrecking your Viper. If you're a beginner you'll be safer than all the intermediate hackers like me and we wouldn't be on the track at the same time anyways.

Sounds like you're thinking about it Hog, DO IT!!!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, go to a Viper Days first and learn in the Viper. Once you get through one viper school then you can try many of the others out there. Viper is just so much more car and once you get the chance to see it you will have an easier time at schools with those tame models. You will even feel like a pro in those other cars since they are relatively easier to drive than the Viper is.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Fred, I find it better to learn the right way the first time, then hone your skills with track days. There is a lot to learn to truly go fast, not just drive around thinking you are going fast. It is very hard to brake bad habits. You spent lost of $$ for a Viper, Why skimp on a driving school? Pick a school that uses full body cars, Panoz, Skip Barber, Justin Bell. Then enjoy!