Viper owners did you put your front license plates on your car..if still required?

Wayne64SS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Viper owners did you put your front license plates on your car..if still required

no front plate. NYS can **** off with their commy bull**** laws.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper owners did you put your front license plates on your car..if still required

In the last several years, I've never been stopped for it on the Viper but I have twice in the Chrysler 300. The 300 now has the ugly thing.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score

juat cant seem to put a plate on either of my cars. So far no tickets

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

jon, i'll have a traveling PBA card with me if i come to captree... :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought the front license plate rubber bracket thing in '06. Never used it. Only once did I get pulled over and received a ticket for not having a front license plate, and it wasn't in CT, it was in MA! Come to think of it, I don't remember ever paying that ticket. :omg: Front license plates are required in CT. I keep the bracket with plate attached in the trunk but when I get pulled over, it's never for lack of a front plate. :smirk: Actually got pulled over for a broken speedometer. :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't know if it will help Plum, Mr. Gordon or not...:smirk:
These guys at Captree are state troopers and they are a law unto themselves.
Bad attitudes...

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I installed the factory bracket on the front. I loath being stopped and someone controlling me. I did the same on the Corvettes.

Put the Viper away tonight. I will pull it out tomorrow and take a picture to post. For many it may be the only Viper that they have ever seen with a front plate.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hell no!! When they make my car payment they can tell me to put it on. I got pulled over in my charger daytona for speeding and no front plate. He asked why I didn't have te front plate on?? I said it makes the car look like ****. He gave me a ticket for speeding and not the plate

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No front plates on either SRT-10 here.
Gimme the ticket.
It costs less than the $2200 (unpainted) front fascia on the truck and less than the $3000 (unpainted) front fascia on the car.
They've got a LONG way to go before I drill into the car or truck.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone here previously said a ticket for this is the cost of doing business.

I'm subscribing to that theory and already assume I'll be forking a few bucks for it at some point. The good news is I'm close enough to West Virginia that seeing front plateless cars is not all that uncommon.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

11 years. no tickets...tons of miles. Yep, my time is about up, I guess. The cops near me know my car... I hope that helps.

Granted, I'd pull both plates if I could. As a Libertarian, I see auto registration as an infringement on my Freedom (it's not governments' business to worry about what I have, drive etc..).

Your thoughts may differ... and that's fine by me.

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I got pulled over for the first time an hour ago. I thought I had a good chance of making it the whole summer without issue... Guess not.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kinda funny, as I went to inspection just yesterday - I hand the guy my paperwork and he steps in front of the car to check if the plate matches, jokes on him though, as I don't have one. I don't even know where it is, have'nt seen it in a couple years. He just walked around to the back and didn'nt say anything. i just kinda luaghed to myself and kept my mouth shut.

OP
OP
AAKVIPER

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just have to love the new inspection rules in NJ..

Just tail pipe emission inspection...no more of that roller dynameter crap..

I hope they do away with the whole inspection deal in NJ..Save us a ton of $..

Arthur

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang