VIPER PADS?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to a carpet sales place and ask for some old sample squares or see if they have some remnant scraps around. Might cost you as much as $5 if you get real choosy.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might consider putting blocks under your suspension to keep the tires off the ground while keeping compression on the components. Easier to clean underneath the car as well.

Reaction score
I have been told that when storing a viper for long periods, the rear wheels need to be rotated from time to time so that the oil in the rear end doesn't settle in the bottom and leave the upper area exposed to eventual condensation and corrosion.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a re-cap of a recent post by JonB on "Winterizing your Viper":

1) Fresh, new, light oil....5-30. So when you DO start it, you will have pressure quickly, with NO pollutants in the oil.

2) Battery Tender - $50 -Snake Oyl. Battery wont die, and it wont cook battery.

3) FILL TIRES TO MAX SIDEWALL PRESSURE
(Remember to lower before driving.)

4) Park on carpet squares. 2 layers is better.

5) I live in the woods. Mouse-proof the underhood with a box of D-Con IF you have mice in your area! Mice eat wires and steal insulation. really !

6) Put away with fresh Zaino or wax job. Be sure to get ALL bug guts/film off the car.

7) Cover if ya got one!

8)Crack a window open if there is any humidity problem in storage. Better yet, use a Dri-Z-Air dessiacnt cannister.

9) FULL GAS TANK.

10) Don't alarm car WITHOUT battery tender!

If you feel like it, start the car every couple of weeks and allow to warm to operating temp. Move the car 3 feet fwd/back to re-oil the tranny gears and rear end gears.

Hope this helps, and thanks to JonB for the info.

P.S. I live in Dallas and plan on driving through the winter, if we have one!!! Don't mean to rub it in!!
You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery