Viper Polyurethane Engine Mounts and Transmission Mount

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had installed Polyurethane Motor Mounts, and a Polyurethane Transmission mount. Cam (Maltby MotorSports)did the installation.
The difference in feel is incredible:
Maybe feel a little more vibration at idle, it is NOT obtrusive or objectionable, and may be a sensation that you know something is a little different, and will be just normal after a few outings. At speed, there is NO difference in feel except as described below.
I was in 5th gear, at 60 - 70 mph, (rpm very low, about 1800-1900),
and stepped on it, and the car just jumps forward, same in the other
gears, at initial throttle hit, the car just pushed you in the back; not
sloppy and no hesitation. It’s like the energy is completely transferred forward.
Needles to say, a real PLUS.
These Excellent Motor Mounts are from Polybushings.com at the very reasonable price of $98.00 per pair. Johnny is great to work with and can be reached on (503) 869-6156 , or [email protected]
Web site:
http://polybushings.com/pages/2469.html

The Poly Transmission Mount I got from Summit Racing; this mount has been discussed on the forum before: Part No. ENS-3-1108G Price $20.95
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ENS%2D3%2D1108G&N=700+300537+115&autoview=sku

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it does not make the car vibrate?

We installed those on Heathers SRT4 and that thing vibrated real bad at first. The drivability difference was amazing.

May have to get them for mine...

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,
As I said above, and after today out, it feels as normal as ever, except for the transfer of energy FORWARD.
I'll see you tomorrow - no Sat. and you can see for yourself.

Don,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456