Viper purchase satisfaction

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to find out how your Viper purchase has been so far and how many miles you have on your vehicle. I posted this poll on another forum and the results showed the 68% of all purchases would result in some form of minor, major to severe mechanical repairs prior to 10000 miles. I sold my vehicle shortly thereafter...................

I have 6000 miles on the car and I have had no mechanical repairs so far. Very satisfied with the vehicle.

For all Viper owners of all generations..........PLEASE CHIME IN.

[pollstart]
[polltitle=SATISFACTION LEVEL]
[polloption=Satisfied with minor mechanical repairs]
[polloption=Not satisfied , major to severe mechanical problems]
[polloption=Very satisfied with no mechanical problems]
[polloption=I purchased a lemon]
[pollstop]

Please tell us your mileage.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only problem I had with my '03 was a faulty door latch on the passenger door and I had to wait months for the part to come in. I had 12000 miles on it when sold. No major problems. No probs with the coupe so far, but very few miles...

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6800 miles on car. Besides the recalls, oxygen sensor went out, oil leaked in 3 places, TWICE! Leaky roof resulting in wind noise. Dealer fixed it, but it I can't notice a difference between the repaired top and the old top. I am satisfied with minor mechanical problems.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my Viper in 03 brand new with the certificate. Never had any problem at all. Only had recall work to flash lights and replace hydraulic fan module. Been to VOI in Texas and Regional Rendezvous on the East Coast. Car has been solid in and out.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT10, did you notice any loss in performance after the flash lights recall? I have heard that performance drops off. Has anyone had the dealer reprogram the ECM for the higher redline RPM rev limiter? Why did you replace the hydraulic fan module, was that a recall or did yours fail? My lights work fine as long as you turn the switch counter clockwise when switching from low beam to high beam.

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Satisfied with minor mechanical repairs".

At 100 Miles a tire pressure sensor failed.

At 8000 Miles minor oil leak.

11,000 miles now.

05RedSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought a brand new 2005 SRT-10 in Jan, 2005. Two months later At 344 miles, had a broken valve spring in cylinder number 9, and had to have the engine replaced (car was out of commission for around 38 days). 7 months, and 1200 miles more later, I have had no issues with the car, it runs great, was able to run a 3.9 0-60mph with Gtech, so the cars power seems more than fine.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my '04 Viper on 07Jun05. It has 6850 miles.

I just dropped it off for its first warranty work for the following:

The radio looses power and resets to 12:00 and 0 volumne.
The driver's door hinge has been stiff and squeaky since new.
The rear speakers are nearly inaudible (This could be normal).

NO Mechanical problems, runs great.

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my '04 SRT-10 on march 26, 2005. It now has appx 6000 miles. Only problem was an alarm with a mind of it's own. Went away after about 1 week. Life is quick, Vipers are quicker, life is good. :D :D :usa:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am on the far, far, side of the curve. I have about 43,000 miles on my 2003 SRT 10 and only issue was a minor techical problem with the electric window on the passenger side when it was brand new. Bob

I am thinking about getting a new convertible with the ambassador program because it may cost less to trade now.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
31,000 miles on my 2001 RT/10 and no real major problems. A few little things but nothing that bad. Changed the oil around every three thousand and did ALL the services (5K, 10K, 15K, 20K, 30K, etc.) and to date cost about $5000 to own since new and that includes all services, fluids, brake pads and rotors, set of tires, K40 Radar maintence, wheel refinishing and anything else I forgot. Not bad when compared to all other cars in this range like the Ferrari F355, Ferrari 360, & Lamborghini Gallardo. A 30K service on a F355 would run $8000 alone. 31,000 miles and still just as happy as day one!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT10, did you notice any loss in performance after the flash lights recall? I have heard that performance drops off. Has anyone had the dealer reprogram the ECM for the higher redline RPM rev limiter? Why did you replace the hydraulic fan module, was that a recall or did yours fail? My lights work fine as long as you turn the switch counter clockwise when switching from low beam to high beam.

No I didn't notice a loss of performance. I've spoken to a few others who have had the "flash" and no one noticed any change. Your post is the first time I've heard of a power loss. I don't think you have anything to worry about but if you are worried and your lights work fine then don't do it.
The "reflashing of the BCM" was a recall notice while the hydralic fan module was a Customer Satisfaction notification I got in the mail. TSB #31

Component Description:
2. ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:COOLING SYSTEM:FAN
Bulletin Number: C31
Bulletin Date: NOV 2003
Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Viper

Summary:
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION NO. C31 - COOLING FAN MODULE. A CHECK BALL RETAINER IN THE COOLING FAN MODULE MAY BECOME DISLODGED. *TT

Here's a good site to see if you are missing any recall work or Customer Satisfaction Notices.

http://www-5.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp?screenName=recall&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3000 Miles on my '06 FE Coupe. Only problem has been left front tire pressure sensor failure at 100 miles. Runs strong!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks SRT10, yhere had been earlier posts on the power lost gig.I can not get over all the problems that 2004 and up vipers have had. My 2003 is problem free except for the touchy light switch

fixbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not satisfied , major to severe mechanical problems

Brake failure

Engine Seized

Except for brakes and engine, runs like a charm.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 2000 last year and has almost 19k miles.
Shifter ball and rod unscrew while shifting. The rest is keeping the black car clean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4