Viper Racers off to Sebring this weekend

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the "for what's its worth" department, there are seven Viper racers that will be at Sebring this weekend for the annual PBOC (Porsche/BMW Owners Club) Winterfest races. It's quite an event - along 200 drivers ed. entries, they have over 100 race cars show. About 50 cars (two dozen Porsche GT3 Cup cars plus Vettes, Bimmers, etc) will be in the races that our Vipers are in. The Viper pilots include myself, Ben Madey, Ed Budriss, Adel Elsyad, Lenny Diller, Mike Hartley, and Richie Holt. Sonny Whelen has 3 cars from his WCGT team entered as well.

If you are in the area (as if anyone would just happen to be in the middle of southern Florida...), stop by!

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the "for what's its worth" department, there are seven Viper racers that will be at Sebring this weekend for the annual PBOC (Porsche/BMW Owners Club) Winterfest races. It's quite an event - along 200 drivers ed. entries, they have over 100 race cars show. About 50 cars (two dozen Porsche GT3 Cup cars plus Vettes, Bimmers, etc) will be in the races that our Vipers are in. The Viper pilots include myself, Ben Madey, Ed Budriss, Adel Elsyad, Lenny Diller, Mike Hartley, and Richie Holt. Sonny Whelen has 3 cars from his WCGT team entered as well.

If you are in the area (as if anyone would just happen to be in the middle of southern Florida...), stop by!
Lets see today is 1-17 does this mean the event takes place 1/19-20? I live in Sarasota so I would love to go there. The weather looks somewhat shaky (drizzle but warm enough), please let me know
Thanks
Charlie

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charlie:

I'm a bit worried about the weather too...

The event runs Thursday thru Sun. Each day is divided up into 1/2 hour run groups, with races during the afternoon each day. The track is probably less than 2 hours from you (my father/teammate drives over from Ft. Myers in 90 min - see Sebring International Raceway for directions). It's pretty wild watching the green flag drop on 7 Vipers littered amongst a sea of 50 Porsches and Vettes!

If you make over, you'll find on the left side of the paddock near the grandstands - big white toterhome rig with silver waves on the side.

Rich

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Rich...are you sure that you and Ben want to miss this weekend's mid-west cold snap?? :)

Have a GREAT time !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21