Viper SRT-10 GTS-R Wheels - - What Kind and Size

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen some pics of the GTS-R Viper. The wheels are awesome. The worst thing to me about any higher end auto, from Viper to Aston Martin, Ferrari & Lambo, is to see bling-bling chromed wheels. Sadly, this is the featured finish on the Vipers. But the wheels on the GTS-R look brushed in appearance by the photos and may even be 19" & 20".

Anyone know about these? I would post the pics, but have no idea how in this forum.

scott

OP
OP
X

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a good side view of the wheels, but from what I can see, they may be the standard wheels, but just not chromed. Is it possible to take the factory wheels to a plating/polishing company and have the factory wheels de-chromed and brushed/polished?

I wish I could find better pics. I found the Viper GTS-R pics at http://www.dodgeforum.com/photo.asp?photoid=44&asorttype=6&apage=2

and there are multiple pics, some really bad quality though.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also do a little searching through the first 20 or so pages of this section of the forum and you will find a somewhat similar thread with a reference to Jon Brobst (Jon B) at Parts Rack who can supply the wheels, and he speaks of the darker clear coat in the thread.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen some pics of the GTS-R Viper. The wheels are awesome. The worst thing to me about any higher end auto, from Viper to Aston Martin, Ferrari & Lambo, is to see bling-bling chromed wheels. Sadly, this is the featured finish on the Vipers. But the wheels on the GTS-R look brushed in appearance by the photos and may even be 19" & 20".

Anyone know about these? I would post the pics, but have no idea how in this forum.

scott

The stock wheels are not chromed. They are polished aluminum with a clear coat.

OP
OP
X

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock wheels are not chromed. They are polished aluminum with a clear coat.

Boy, if they are not chromed, then they sure are polished to the tilt! IMO they look bling-bling regardless. How are the wheels from Ferrari, Lamborghini & Aston Martin finished? I think the best look is a brushed/polished, but not polished to the point of looking chromey.

OP
OP
X

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some good shots of the wheels I was referring to. I've uploaded them to my members gallery page. Looking at them better now, I think they are simply painted and nothing more. The wheels on the GTS-R have a single lug nut as opposed to the 6 on the production SRT-10.

Whatever the finish is, I wish that DC would offer something similar to these as a wheel option finish.

http://gallery.viperclub.org/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/8384

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960