Viper SRT 10 Videos - SRT Track Experience at VIR

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went to the one at Lime Rock. It was a great time (up until an instructor grazed the tire wall with an '06 coupe coming off the last turn)during the hot lap.

If anyone took a video of the lime rock session, I'd love to get a copy. :D

~Craig

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone esle see anyting wrong with that video.Look at the conv.no roll bar passengers head well above the windsheild and the driver driving like he dosen't have a care in the world.You wouldn't catch me riding in that car.

OP
OP
K

Kaya

Tom...
These were stock cars...there were no roll bars and the drivers were Skip Barber instructors. We were required to wear helmets.

I have been involved in drag and road racing for many years. I did not feel uncomfortable in ANY way with how this course was run.

I felt like the Skip Barber instructors were very safety conscious....and I am a Nurse Practitioner....believe me...I wouldn't have participated, had I felt that I had any chance of a serious accident.

And obviously Daimler Chrysler is happy with how they conduct the course becaue it is offered with the purchase of any SRT vehicle....

Just my opinion, but then again it is also my video....

PS I got to choose car and driver for my thrill lap and I chose the black vert....he was the most aggressive driver in my opinion and I had a blast. I never felt like he was out of control...but he did ride that race car driver's edge.....it was the best driving school/ track experience that I have attended.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the SRT track experience that is listed on the window sticker on my new Viper? Is this included or is there a fee for this???? :confused:

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear god, why o why is Canada and Québec left behind in all that.... I so wish I could be shown how to push my little SRT4 around the track harder and get to experience all the other Dodge wonders.....:: sad guy ::

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear god, why o why is Canada and Québec left behind in all that.... I so wish I could be shown how to push my little SRT4 around the track harder and get to experience all the other Dodge wonders.....:: sad guy ::

I don;t understand? Please explain?

Great Video...........love the drift . Just curious is that a wall on the first turn? Ouch if it is...........

Patrick

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a fun time, drifting around the track. I have to agree with Tom (who knows a few things about track safety). If the vert goes over, you would be unlikely to get away without life threatening injuries (or worse)... and I am a DOCTOR.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little baffled here, and I need someone to explain something: How is it that all the magazines that test Vipers say the handling is terrible and there is no telling where the limit is, but yet these guys went around every corner on the ragged edge and no one spun or even left the track? These obviously weren't Vipers or that would prove the magazines wrong, or is it that the people they have test Vipers just can't drive? :shocked:

OP
OP
K

Kaya

I don't know what articles you have been reading, but Car and Driver has an article for October that features the Virginia International Speedway and even compares it to Nuebering (sp without the umlauts) and tests the Viper as one of its many cars.

The Viper actually seems to handle better than the Z06 and it has better brakes.

You know that every article has a different slant and price is a focal point. I will tell you that I purchased my Viper Coupe for the same price as a Z06....and I am very satisfied with the car.

The Viper has no active handling and it demands respect. I think that the car is fantastic. But you must respect any sports car and you must learn to drive the car properly.

I know that a few people here have criticized the video for safety issues, but let me tell you. The Skip Barber instructors were top notch and I never felt that the car was out of its limits.

I have signed up for Viper Days and would encourage all Viper owners to do the same. You can experience your car with professional instruction and be safe.

The Viper is a fantastic sports car and no matter what any road test or comparison says....it is the ride of a lifetime. I can not compare it to any of our other cars....

I encourage you to go to the SRTTrackexperience.com or the Viperdays.com sites to get plugged in and start enjoying your car in a safe way.

PS...My husband sold a viper to a fella who had already wrecked one car. He had the car about a month when he left the highway at 140 mph and landed 100 ft in the swamp....the cockpit of the car was mainly intact....the troopers think he broke his neck on impact. This was actually a friend and fellow Corvette club member. He was in his early 40's and he had young children.

Please learn to use you Viper safely....but enjoy the videos for what they are!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness