viper tax?

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to dealer looking to pick up the little nut type clip that the knurled knob used to hold the front of the air box down screws into.

it clips by radiator support and has a small tubular area that knob screws into.
2 of them hold the front of the box down.

mine are starting to get pitted and worn so thought about replacing them.

knurled knob assembly. $17.00
clip $57.00 each......

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many of these parts are used on other cars. I wish someone would embark on the Viper Genome project to identify where all the bits and pieces came from and where they can be cross referenced. I've stumbled across identical parts that came off of Fords, GM's, various Chrysler products, and even AMG Mercedes. As a lot of us are getting older and have been screwing with these cars for 15+ years now, I'm sure someone is out there who knows exactly where that part can be found for a lot less.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a thread tom started a long time ago with cross reference for parts. Somewhere in the rt GTS forum

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA is exploring a number of options to help make this happen. Others are also working to make certain older parts more affordable so as not to "scare off" potential Viper buyers with stories like these. People have always been confident they could buy a Viper without worrying about excessive service costs. We want to keep it that way as much as possible. :2tu:

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why I prefer to fab something up using quality parts. I don't mind some of the "tax" issues, but you have to be prepared to draw the line somewhere. I think $57 screws is a good starting place....:omg:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Chuck Tator the other day and asked him the price of oil pan plug seals. He said OEM's are now $20. Wow.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to dealer looking to pick up the little nut type clip that the knurled knob used to hold the front of the air box down screws into.

it clips by radiator support and has a small tubular area that knob screws into.
2 of them hold the front of the box down.

mine are starting to get pitted and worn so thought about replacing them.

knurled knob assembly. $17.00
clip $57.00 each......

Those are the clip-on nuts. McMaster has them. I purchased them from McMaster for my BMW to avoid BMW tax. I'll try to get the correct size/part number from McMaster. McMaster-Carr

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang