Viper Tech, wheel/tire service in Maryland ??

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using a dealer near Columbia since 2000 and my RT/10, and on my SRT and they've always told me they have a viper tech, in fact they told me they had one of Jason Heffner's guys they got when jason went to FL. Just recently I was getting a quote on some service & then said I'll need to schedule with your viper tech, & the guy said 'oh, we'll put one of best guys on it', I said, oh, you have multiple viper techs ... and he was like, umm, oh, yea, i think so.

So, I got my new SRT 6 spokes & a set of JonB's PS2's, call the dealer to get them mounted & schedule install of woodhouse mounts & the guy says they can't handle the wheels due to their equipment limits ... huh?

So I call another dealer who says, sorry we don't have a viper tech, the local dealer who has a tech is Heritage, since they have a tech, they'll have the right machines to handle the wheels.

Is that right? Can you say that if a dealer can't handle the viper wheels for mount & balance then they must not have a viper tech? If so, I'm pretty ticked at my 10 yr dealer.

I can't believe I'm having this struggle to get the tires mounted & balanced.

I can't even seem to find a specialty or aftermarket wheel shop that can handle them locally. Out of desperation I checked with Mr Tire & the guy said they could do it but made it like it was landing on Mars, & they could marr them & yada yada.

i guess I'm switching dealers to Heritage in Owings Mills, PITA location for me, but I don't know what else to do. Argh.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their website says I'm more than 50 mis from the nearest store. But thanks.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several years ago we had a tech session at the Mr. Tire in Pasadena, and we watched the tires get changed and balanced on a member's GTS, so I'm pretty sure they have the equipment to handle, just make sure you get a competent guy to do it. Also, we were told by Joe T. that Mr. Tire in Belair, MD has the equipment as well.

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heritage Dodge in Owings Mills has a Viper tech, his name is Stan. He broke his foot and may not be back yet. He has been very helpful to me and is a great guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas