viper/vette

badvr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey leslie,

looks like youre coming along well with the new addition! the cars look great. take some better pics in the light though.

like alot of the other users, i jumped to the viper from a c5z. wish i coulda kept her...

You must be registered for see images

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino anyone? Both beauties, although I think the Viper is going to need an exhaust upgrade... looks puny compared to the vette's.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot Rod Harry-I am a female, but that's kewl haha

Chuck-yeh, the Z06 goes to HPDE's 1-2x's a month, can't live without it, my FIX. Z06 has a track set up, susp, swaybars, air ducts, pads, harness/belts, headers/exh, etc.

after looking at that pic I ordered some corsa's for the viper haha

do you guys every lower these cars? mine is looking like a 4x4

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot Rod Harry-I am a female, but that's kewl haha

do you guys every lower these cars? mine is looking like a 4x4

After browsing through your photo collection, I take back my previous comment. There are THREE beauties. ;)

My gts is lowered 1.5-2 inches. I scrape everything! I was able to get some aluminum skids installed though, so they take the brunt of the scrapes. Lower and wider is better. :2tu:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Pretty girl that needs her track fix, hmmm, where were you when I was dating? heh heh!

Thats a fine stable, and the GTS looks great next to the Vette!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys ever lower these cars? Mine is looking like a 4x4

Lowered springs are OK if you really want to drop the Viper's height a lot, but since the Viper already has some ground clearance issues even stock, I decided to go with a less dramatic lowering solution.

Northwind Engineering makes low profile coil caps which replace the stock, taller coil spring caps, dropping the Viper's height by about 5/8". This reduces the noticable wheel well gap visibly, but without changing the stock springs or suspension geometry (even though it does require a realignment after installation).

It's a nice compromise that looks and feels better than stock, but doesn't beat you up with a harsh ride, or hang up badly on speed bumps and driveways the way that a full 2" drop does. :2tu:

http://www.viperclub.org/Northwind/

2751Picture2_020-med.jpg

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[It's a nice compromise that looks and feels better than stock, but doesn't beat you up with a harsh ride, or hang up badly on speed bumps and driveways the way that a full 2" drop does. :2tu:

What? And miss out on making the "wince-face" everytime you're clearing a speed bump? :D

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey leslie,

looks like youre coming along well with the new addition! the cars look great. take some better pics in the light though.

like alot of the other users, i jumped to the viper from a c5z. wish i coulda kept her...

nice EBZ06!

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Leslie, nice choice of car, I have actually seen you and your Z06 out at VIR Full course with the THSCC this year(remebered the plate). I was driving the Silver Viper with the P1T VIPR license plate. Welcome to the club!
HOpe to see you out there again!(next time in the VIper!)

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Leslie, nice choice of car, I have actually seen you and your Z06 out at VIR Full course with the THSCC this year(remebered the plate). I was driving the Silver Viper with the P1T VIPR license plate. Welcome to the club!
HOpe to see you out there again!(next time in the VIper!)

yes I remember your viper!

we ran the GRANDE course 2 wknds ago with the Mazda group, was a blast, 4.3 miles, saw 3-4 vipers there also

you are right, gotta get the GTS out there, but I THINK I will sign up for novice group so I can get to know the car haha

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper is a fun car on track, but will be pretty different than your Vette! THe good news is you have ABS so that helps A LOT! SO good idea to start of slow and work back up to the Advanced group in the Viper.

Good luck and make sure you stop in and say hi at the next track event. I guess you can, even if you drive the vette! ;-)

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahhaa! thanks Eric:)

what's your next DE? Mine is down at Nashville Speedway this month, need to get back up to Mid OH

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Next one will be Rockingham in November, i have some "tricks" i need to get done before I do my next event so i need time to get it all done.

I want to do mid ohio some day, but its a pretty long haul from Raliegh

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put sway bars on this wknd, oil cooler next wk, just can't make it through a DE anymore in the heat

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah it wont get any better and will most likely be worse in the viper! those V10's generate A TON of heat!