Viper Violet

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

As a result of the Venom Red thread, I wondered, how many have seen Viper Violet in person?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I saw one (an ACR) at VOI 11, it was cool!!! Check out pics from Park City and see if it's there; it was enough of a visual I remember til this day!

Regards,
Aaron

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to buy the one from the Ferrari dealer, but they didn't want to deal, so I found one right here is PA with only a 1000 miles on it. I love it, you cant appreciate the color until you see it in person. Finding one is getting increasingly difficult since there were only 38 of them.

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried to buy the one from the Ferrari dealer, but they didn't want to deal, so I found one right here is PA with only a 1000 miles on it. I love it, you cant appreciate the color until you see it in person. Finding one is getting increasingly difficult since there were only 38 of them.

Pa,

I am so with you. I loved my yellow one, but there is just something about this shade of violet on these cars. I have done some red accenting - badges, red on the chromed H-spokes, and some interior stuff. It really pops against the purple! I have gotten great feedback at shows.:headbang:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a very unique color. At first it looks like Sapphire Blue from 2001 and then you get close to it and you see the purple in the color. If the car is outside in the sun, forget it. It is the most underestimated color for 2008 by far.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it, it is almost as nice as Sapphire. But then, I may be a little biased. It is definitely one of the better Viper colors. I also like that Slate color the Gen III's come in. I can't remember the exact name.

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like this one. ;)

You must be registered for see images

Austin, is this your car? Beautiful! That picture really captures the color. I would love to know about the other 9 verts, running around out there somewhere.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. I do, however really like this color. Never seen one in person though. I Photoshopped the HRE wheels, lowered it and have just always liked the pic.

Austin, is this your car? Beautiful! That picture really captures the color. I would love to know about the other 9 verts, running around out there somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Compensating for a little "color envy"? At least you didn't have to go any farther than your own closet to have a little fun. DP, while you do probably have the legs to pull it off, they might clash when climbing in the green car!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Keep in mid that "purplesnake" and "DPViper" have been friends for 25 years...AND, that this comical exchange is MILD compared to some of the e-mails and text messages that go back in forth between these two and a few of their friends !! :)

G

Gotvenom 08

Found these pics on the internet.

Purple is a ***** color or so I was told.

Twins at VOI

Look at the dif shades of purple....Violet and plum crazy........

I guess the guy who sold this car is wondering around aimlessly thinkin YELLO is a good color for a viper.
Doctors think he is delusional.:dunno:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh YEH! awsome color, truly stands out from anything I have ever seen.

yeh that guy was a little....confused...?....to sell that Viper! hahaa

j/k

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My next goal is to find one of the 2 ACRS that were made with no stripes.....anybody know where they are?

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My next goal is to find one of the 2 ACRS that were made with no stripes.....anybody know where they are?

I was told that a few went to Japan. With only 38 out there, it would be interesting to track them down. I have also been told that one of the 11 verts has been totaled.