Viper vs Ford GT

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO the SRT should hold its own against the GT from a performance perspective, but you've got to consider price too. The first GT went to a private owner for over $500K at auction, and I'm sure that dealers will gouge. I'd be surprised if you could get one for less than $180K to $200K.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but you've got to consider price too. The first GT went to a private owner for over $500K at auction, and I'm sure that dealers will gouge.

What did the first viper sell for over 12 years ago? Did any of the 92's sell for MSRP in 1992?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I saw an original GT40 at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway today, doing laps, it was fantastic to see it out there! 1967 r/h drive, white. Its owned by Mike, of Applied Computer Solutions, who also had two Trans-Am Mustangs there, and Boris Said turned some 1:22s. It was a good day...

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but you've got to consider price too. The first GT went to a private owner for over $500K at auction, and I'm sure that dealers will gouge.

What did the first viper sell for over 12 years ago? Did any of the 92's sell for MSRP in 1992?
That's exactly the point I'm trying to make. Don't expect to pay MSRP for a new GT.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I would also note that Ben managed to get another 60+ rwhp out of his SRT-10 for UNDER $3,000. Heck, this is what most Viper owners pay for a good set of headers with less results. Figure his SRT-10 is making about 585 horsepower at the flywheel. Throw on what are now world-class brakes and world-class suspension and I think the Ford GT will be very hard pressed indeed.

How'd he do that?