Viper vs Vette Calling Jamie Out

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was a fun day but just a little to hot!!!!!! We need to do this again when it gets a bit cooler...

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ain't kiddin! It was hot but I still had a good time.

Jamie

That new Vette of yours is good for a 12.0 in better weather. The Cobra is not to bad either. What did that thing run today?
A 11.2 or 11.3... in the heat!!! that is movin...

So what was the fastes Viper today?

It was nice meeting some of u guys.

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best run was 11.19 at 126 in the cobra but once I got past the 60' it was slippery on the track and my clutch is slipping at the top of all the gears, thats why I didn't run much. The car will run mid 10's when I put the new clutch in.The Z06 now that was bone stock with airfilter in and everything and that ran 12.21 at 115.15 and my 60'on that run was 1.99 and my cobra also had a 1.94 as its best 60' and it usually has 1.6 on those street tires.My thermometer in my truck at the track read 103 degrees and it never got below 100 until about 5:30 that night, and I can tell you that is an et killer.I can't post everyones time because I didn't see all the runs but I can say this and think DJ will agree the vettes were having trouble getting down the track for one reason or the other and 1 broke, but I know DJ ran in the 11.3's with his TT vette and Mark Brown also ran 11.33 in his naturally aspirated viper, and Bob Clayton ran a 11.5 in his naturally aspirated viper on street tires which I thought in those conditions was one of the most impressive runs of the day.I also have to say I think the heat hurt DJ more than anyone else because I could tell that TT car was really fast when it came off the line but the heat was making it hard to make a clean pass.I think we should do it again in october when its under 80 degrees and we can put up some real numbers, and DJ I have to disagree about one thing about the Z06, I think it will run high 11's on a cool day with street tires and I think if I would of bolted on Freddies drag radials it would of run it yesterday.That 1.99 60' is what killed it, the leave is your run.
All in all though it was a fun day and everyone was cool to hang out with and we talked a little smack and had a good time, can't wait until the next time.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D@MN, i wish i was there. I found a few problems as i was inspecting my car , by the time i fixed it, it was already 2pm.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, what kind of Cobra do you have? An 03?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
My best run was 11.19 at 126 in the cobra but once I got past the 60' it was slippery on the track and my clutch is slipping at the top of all the gears, thats why I didn't run much. The car will run mid 10's when I put the new clutch in.The Z06 now that was bone stock with airfilter in and everything and that ran 12.21 at 115.15 and my 60'on that run was 1.99 and my cobra also had a 1.94 as its best 60' and it usually has 1.6 on those street tires.My thermometer in my truck at the track read 103 degrees and it never got below 100 until about 5:30 that night, and I can tell you that is an et killer.I can't post everyones time because I didn't see all the runs but I can say this and think DJ will agree the vettes were having trouble getting down the track for one reason or the other and 1 broke, but I know DJ ran in the 11.3's with his TT vette and Mark Brown also ran 11.33 in his naturally aspirated viper, and Bob Clayton ran a 11.5 in his naturally aspirated viper on street tires which I thought in those conditions was one of the most impressive runs of the day.I also have to say I think the heat hurt DJ more than anyone else because I could tell that TT car was really fast when it came off the line but the heat was making it hard to make a clean pass.I think we should do it again in october when its under 80 degrees and we can put up some real numbers, and DJ I have to disagree about one thing about the Z06, I think it will run high 11's on a cool day with street tires and I think if I would of bolted on Freddies drag radials it would of run it yesterday.That 1.99 60' is what killed it, the leave is your run.
All in all though it was a fun day and everyone was cool to hang out with and we talked a little smack and had a good time, can't wait until the next time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New cobra at 126mph? Highly doubt it, unless he hurried it off the showroom floor and drove it straight to a tuner.

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jamie, thanks for the compliment and October sounds good to me so we can really run some good numbers. I will be looking forward to next time, maybe I will try it on a drag tire!!!!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha, sounds like a beast.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
No one said it was a mustang its a 1965 aluminum shelby cobra with a 427 sideoiler.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21