Viper went to Denmark

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After months of trying to sell my 93', a group of guys from Denmark bought it in 30 minutes. I drove the car to the shipper in Los Angeles today and in about month it will arrive in Denmark. I really enjoyed the 93, but looking foward to my 08'(D1). The guys who bought say they will get about 100k for the car.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There buying lots of muscle cars and shipping them to europe right now because of the week dollar.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow 100K is unbeleiveable, over here a 93 would sell for about $44K if you can find a buyer, very high tax on fuel and road duty are making 2nd hand gas guzzlers very difficult to sell

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
100k of what?

Denmark krones? 100.000 DKK is 13400 Euros.

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you reside in Denmark and you buy a new car in Denmark you have to pay the net price plus 180% tax plus 25%VAT..... that explains a lot, I think.:(

Must be unbelievable for people in Florida.....:omg:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last trip to Germany I calculated the cost per gallon to be $9.09!!!

That was for regular bleibfrei.

I rented a Fiat Punto 1.2 liter, and at autobahn speeds I got about 25 mpg.

It cost just under $100 to fill it up, I would guess a 11 gallon tank.

I understand the HUGE value of buying a Viper here and shipping it to Europe, but the fuel costs with just a minimum of spirited driving would be huge.

Maybe this group is only interested in re-sale in Eastern Europe (and Russia!) ?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i paid £1.14/$2.22 for diesel and £1.06/$2.10 for unleaded yesterday, these are per liter price, so i easily do over $100 each time i fill the GTS gaz guzzlers in Europe is costly !!

think my best spend was towing a boat to Spain and back behind my Jeep a couple of years ago averaged 10mpg, i did $2500 on fuel that trip :) and then more fuel to run the V8 boat engine... so this year im downgrading to a twin jetski trailer, maybe ill get 11 mpg ! ;)

buying a US viper and importing quite a saving can be had, the exchange rate is very good for us at the moment, the cars are very cheap compared to UK prices and of course a lot more choice to pick from

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Copperhead will be on it's way across the Pond in the next week or so.

With the Euro at record levels I am not suprised by the large number of buyers from Europe.

V

Venomiss

My Copperhead will be on it's way across the Pond in the next week or so.

With the Euro at record levels I am not suprised by the large number of buyers from Europe.
Sorry you sold it and hope you got what you wanted.

Replacing it?
Where is it going over the pond?

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FWIW, a brand new 2006 Viper costs 179,000 Euros in Finland (=US $285,000 with today's fx rate) due to very high taxation. From what I can recall, it cost 105k Euros in Germany...

Peter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62