Viper World, I too need your support for the Ultimate Street Car Challenge!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Viper with 540 rwhp beat all the ricers in the last shootout. This is a good magazine, but face it, their audience is a ricer crowd. You think they ricers are going to vote in a 800 rwhp Viper to kick ricer ass for a 2nd time?

I will vote for you and hope you get in. But I will caution you that if you get in you better bring a car that will not break. 800-900 rwhp cars are known to break sometimes and you will look like a major fool to the ricers if you bring a big smack wagon that breaks during the shootout.

Better yet, maybe we should have a shootout with you and the Lethal 1200 (that does not run yet) and then send the winner to the test!

John, you bring up some valid points about casting the proper light on the Vipers in the eyes of the world and the ricer crowd more specifically.

I have been thinking the same thing about the other entry that you have mentioned.

My car is vastly different from that car in many ways... The most obvious way is that Jason Heffner has already made an A$$whipping Intercooled, Supercharged Monster in Gary Almond's car. They have run the living you know what out of that car with 200+ dyno runs and the like! My car will be the same except it has billet rods instead of the stock ones. We have and are doing a few new things on my car that should pay huge dividends. Unlike the other guy who thinks that in making 1000 RWHP with low boost does not necessitate an inntercooler, from everything I have heard and read, he is incorrect. But... he has supercharged many a mustang and the likes and maybe he can pull it off. We will see shortly.

The other difference between me and the other guy is that I will be driving my own car and I would not have failed to mention his nomination upon seing his car in the magazine and shamelessly start promoting only myself(That kind of hurt my feelings)instead of BOTH Vipers. From my phone conversations with him he is a very nice guy..... It must be a business thing with him. I hope we BOTH get in.

I will have plenty of time to learn how to drive my car with the extra power by September.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Viper with 540 rwhp beat all the ricers in the last shootout. This is a good magazine, but face it, their audience is a ricer crowd. You think they ricers are going to vote in a 800 rwhp Viper to kick ricer ass for a 2nd time?

Not all people with an import in one of their garage bays are ricers. Plus I think even the young kids have respect for Vipers too. One thing I've noticed is that when my wife's Supra is parked next to the GTS the older people go to the Viper first and then the Supra. The younger people go to the Supra first and then the Viper. Both crowds respect both cars so I think there's a good chance that one of the Viper's will get voted in. I'd really be nice if the previous winner had an automatic vote to defend the title.

I'm voting for my wife, the two vipers, the avanti beck and the two drivers I know (#38 and #12). Is there anyone else besides the rx7 owner with a special story that desrves consideration?

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not all people with an import in one of their garage bays are ricers. Plus I think even the young kids have respect for Vipers too. One thing I've noticed is that when my wife's Supra is parked next to the GTS the older people go to the Viper first and then the Supra. The younger people go to the Supra first and then the Viper. Both crowds respect both cars so I think there's a good chance that one of the Viper's will get voted in. I'd really be nice if the previous winner had an automatic vote to defend the title.

I'm voting for my wife, the two vipers, the avanti beck and the two drivers I know (#38 and #12). Is there anyone else besides the rx7 owner with a special story that desrves consideration?

Your wife? Because she's your wife or is her car entered?

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your wife? Because she's your wife or is her car entered?

Both reasons. Mainly because she's my wife. She'll be ok at the drag strip and the other contests but the road race and gross display of power will hurt her a little. I know she wouldn't let someone else drive those events for her unless it was Audrey Zavodsky (because she knows her) so she probably wouldn't win.

She'd hold her own in the contest though because she's a pretty tough tomboy. (Which attracted me to her) She likes cars, is/was attractive, and could hit a ball 300yards in the air. It's hard to beat coming home, the ball game already being on tv with picture-in-picture of another game and the wife giving you the rundown of all the game scores and highlites. At the wedding she brought a tv and put it in the women's dressing room so she could watch the UofM vs OSU football game and then was late to the reception because she wanted to finish watching OSU get spanked. She's a pretty cool wife so win or lose I can't help but support her.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Meggletto, Good luck getting in, that would be cool to have a woman kick some ass and make granny scream!

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paolo. If you know of anyone else to vote for let me know. I don't want to see any losers like last time that were running 13's or couldn't even stay running long enough to finish the competition. Having those type of cars just wastes spots in the competition. I know it's an import magazine but they could at LEAST **** out the 13sec, 300hp cars.

If you and Wayne get in make sure you guys don't show any mercy. Keep the Viper win streak going until the imports finally admit defeat and ban domestics or put a displacement cap on the competition.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paolo. If you know of anyone else to vote for let me know. I don't want to see any losers like last time that were running 13's or couldn't even stay running long enough to finish the competition. Having those type of cars just wastes spots in the competition. I know it's an import magazine but they could at LEAST **** out the 13sec, 300hp cars.

If you and Wayne get in make sure you guys don't show any mercy. Keep the Viper win streak going until the imports finally admit defeat and ban domestics or put a displacement cap on the competition.

Meggletto, I do not know anybody else to vote for. I will do my best if I get in to show everybody exactly what boosted Viper can do!

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll vote for you Paolo. My buddy Mani with the Supra took second in last two year's shootouts. Kent brings up an excellant point, because Mani's car broke several times during the shootout.

Best of luck to you! :usa:

Brad

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll vote for you Paolo. My buddy Mani with the Supra took second in last two year's shootouts. Kent brings up an excellant point, because Mani's car broke several times during the shootout.

Best of luck to you! :usa:

Brad

Thanks Brad! We have done some top secret, extra special things that should pay huge dividends in the reliability/cooling area more specifically for something like a Silverstate or Salt Flats type run. The idea is my car will be very reliable. We will have plenty of time to test various aspects for the September shootout if I get in.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, I sent my ballot in today, I hope you make the cut. My buddy PMUM won last year, I took a day off and went to Cali Speedway and watched the events from the pits. Let me know the dates if you make it and I'll come down and cheer the Vipers on. One piece of advise, it was HOT last year, 100+, the high compression blown cars were breaking and over heating, make sure your cooling issues are in order. Good Luck!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, I sent my ballot in today, I hope you make the cut. My buddy PMUM won last year, I took a day off and went to Cali Speedway and watched the events from the pits. Let me know the dates if you make it and I'll come down and cheer the Vipers on. One piece of advise, it was HOT last year, 100+, the high compression blown cars were breaking and over heating, make sure your cooling issues are in order. Good Luck!

Hey Ron, thanks for the vote! I appreciate it! I also appreciate your heads up on the heat levels I can expect to experience! Like I told Brad, we have done some pretty special formula-1 type stuff to make the car run cooler. I will also be running some Silverstate type races as well. The idea is to run cool enough in these situations in the proper oil and coolant temperatures and dual channel EGT gauges as well. I will be able to monitor all the crucial data pertinent to the cooling issues you mentioned.