Viperclub board idea

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I was looking for some mods for my gf's s2000 on s2000online.com, and they have a message board very similar to this one, but they have an extra feature that lists what "gear" your in based on the number of posts you've made (take a look under any forum, under a specific thread). This seems like a good idea for here, what do people think?

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BWoodbury:
...On this board you have to go to the member list to see it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have missed something. How do I view the member list on this board?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Venom Lover here's another thing I beat you at my 241 posts to your 154. Boy I'm going to spank you at Willow Springs this Friday!!!! (SMACK, SMACK, SMACK)

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And there's the prime reason to readily show this info, to enable more smack talk!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

I show 1 post..........1 star........
pace car Pilot is GONE.

weirdness

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
I checked mine and then scrolled to yours - Jon B - Pace Car Pilot has HUNDREDS, and JonB - PartsRack has Hundreds also. Both with 5 stars. Looking under the "J's"?.....

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I tried all those links, but it tells me I need to log in. So I try the middle link, log in, and click memberlist under inbox and it tells me I'm not a member w/cookies enabled. I say that the board would be incorrect as I have low security settings and obviously am a member...

What gives?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You can also click on the "Profile" icon below each person's post for a quick look at how many posts they have made

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We already have it. There is a number of stars type of rating that is based on the number of posts you have made. On this board you have to go to the member list to see it.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back to my original point, it seems that if this could be readily displayed next to the username on each post, that would be a better way to present this info.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jon,

Look under "J" not "aviper" .. there you are....plenty of stars and all the appropriate info.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We started with a similar feature turned on, after what seemed like gillions of emails to the moderator and administrators asking "Why do I only have one star (we actually had "titles" instead like jr snake, sr snake, administrating snake, etc.) and such and such has two stars" we made the decision to use the space for Avitars (and save a lot of typing because we were having to do to respond to all those questions
You must be registered for see images
).

We also felt people might post hundreds of test or silly posts to get a lot of stars........ think that would ever happen

We tried putting "custom titles" in for a time, again, we decided Avitars where a much nicer option. For quite a while we left "Jon B. Pace car Pilot" as Jon's Title. It may still be there when he uses his older log-on (Pre Parts-Rack).... since he was one of the few with it still there, it was actually good to see him move to a new username..... 'cause everyone "wanted a title for themselves too"
Sometimes it is tough to prioritize, but we have to do it.

As noted, if you go the the membership list, or the profile icon at the bottom of a persons post... you can see the number of posts a person has made. Another nice feature is the ability to see other posts a person has made... again right at the bottom of a persons post.

2tall----- if it asked you to "log-in", you need to set your cookie, go to:
http://64.70.135.137/forumregistration.html , follow the cookie setting procedure, and you should be OK.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant