1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vipers at the Track

Discussion in 'Washington State' started by sdwpve, May 15, 2012.

1. sdwpve

sdwpve Viper Owner

Rich,

That sucks that you will miss almost the entire month of July it is typically one of the best months for weather.

I am also planning on trying out Oregon Raceway Park on August 30th and 31st with Proformance I have heard it is a great track suited for high torque cars like the Vipers.

Let me know if your schedule changes in July.

Steve W

2. 05Commemorative

05Commemorative Viper Owner

I am planning to go on the 23rd of July.

btw, you will really enjoy ORP. many turns of different varieties. I wish it was a bit wider and a bit faster, but very fun. Looking forward to checking out the new track.

3. Longdaddy

Longdaddy Viper Owner

ORP is very hard on heavier cars, especially if you like to trail brake, which you should, if you want to be fast there. I only managed 4 laps at ORP this year, before I corded my tire, so my experience there with the Viper is limited (I drove ORP a lot in the corvette and did a few days with Porsche Turbo). It did seem that the gearing in a Viper was very good for that track, and 2 of the fastest turns could be taken faster than what I was used to with other cars (6, 16).

4. sdwpve

sdwpve Viper Owner

I plan on going out to the Ridge on the 23rd with my wife so I will see you there.

Steve W

5. 05Commemorative

I did not have that tire experience in my 3 times there. What tires were you running?

6. 05Commemorative

Great, Steve it will be good to see you there.

7. Longdaddy

Longdaddy Viper Owner

I ran Pilot Sport Cups. I experienced heavy tire wear on PS cups on the 911 turbo as well.