Vipers at the Track

OP
OP
S

sdwpve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rich,

That ***** that you will miss almost the entire month of July it is typically one of the best months for weather.

I am also planning on trying out Oregon Raceway Park on August 30th and 31st with Proformance I have heard it is a great track suited for high torque cars like the Vipers.

Let me know if your schedule changes in July.

Steve W

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning to go on the 23rd of July.

btw, you will really enjoy ORP. many turns of different varieties. I wish it was a bit wider and a bit faster, but very fun. Looking forward to checking out the new track.

Longdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ORP is very ******* heavier cars, especially if you like to trail brake, which you should, if you want to be fast there. I only managed 4 laps at ORP this year, before I corded my tire, so my experience there with the Viper is limited (I drove ORP a lot in the corvette and did a few days with Porsche Turbo). It did seem that the gearing in a Viper was very good for that track, and 2 of the fastest turns could be taken faster than what I was used to with other cars (6, 16).

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ORP is very ******* heavier cars, especially if you like to trail brake, which you should, if you want to be fast there. I only managed 4 laps at ORP this year, before I corded my tire, so my experience there with the Viper is limited (I drove ORP a lot in the corvette and did a few days with Porsche Turbo). It did seem that the gearing in a Viper was very good for that track, and 2 of the fastest turns could be taken faster than what I was used to with other cars (6, 16).

I did not have that tire experience in my 3 times there. What tires were you running?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave