Vipers ****... Here's 19 Reasons Why

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came across this thread on the modern Mopar muscle site...

on page 3 of 6

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f64/used-dodge-viper-bad-idea-253658/index3.html

if you like it-first drive it.
i had a GTS to drive for 2 weeks and after 3 days it was parked.
way too hard to drive in heavy traffic.
as some one eles has said.
#1 the trans tunnel gets red hot as does the shifter base.
#2 if your tall forget it.
#3 the way the foot well is designed theres no room for the pedals so your right foot on the gas is placed were you would have the brake pedal in a normal car set up and the clutch and brake pedals are to the far left of the well.
>>> sit on a chair with your legs out straight-then bend both your ankles to the left at a 20 degree angle and thats what you got and you find your self driving it with your butt tilted to the left in the drivers seat to adjust your self toward the pedals cause your legs hurt fast driving it.
your right leg around your knee is always touching the trans **** and its hot.
#4 creeks and rattles up the ass.
#5 every bump in the road and the suspension BANGS hard. AND you feel them in your back and ass.
#6 the ac when working good ***** any way-paper/foil tubes for the ac vents
#7 radio ***** and always will no matter how much money you put into the system the car just has really bad acoustics
#8 fiber glass so they get stress cracks
#9 the door hinges go bad easy and drop the doors were they rub the door sill and destroy the piant
#10 car cant be out in the rain [hard rain] they all leak-all years.
#11 the side exhaust will drive you insane in 6th gear from MAJOR drone-you hear only 5 cylinders [sounds like a 4 ****** with a flow master] in one ear
#12 trunk lids [ALL] rub the rear bumber.
#13 the head lites spyder crack fast if you dont keep they polished out.
#14 clutch is a 3600 and hard as hell to hold down at long red lights.
#15 clutch and brake pedals are so close together that you will find your self hitting the brake while pushing the clutch down.
#16 the seat belts are always getting slamed in the door jam and cracking the skirt cover for the side pipes. Which by the way CRACK THEM SELFS at the mounting points FROM THE EXHAUST HEAT.
#17 dont GET caught in the rain -the wipers **** at clearing the window and of course the defrost ***** and wont clear the glass so you can see. [2 tiny tinny defrost vents] the size of a pencil layed side ways.
#18 clutchs go out all the time - BIG $$$$$$$ to replace
#19 the seats are hard as a rock and hurt your back in 15 minutes and they dont adjust
forward and back-and the seat back tilts forward or back 6 degree's of movement is all you got.
their nice to look at but hell to drive or ride in.

Last edited:

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah...guy is an idiot. Most are exaggerated, some are just his lack of cojones.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMFAO Charlie that thread is from February! I posted a reply on page 3. :D

But see now you understand why I want to get rid of mine so fast. Some of those guys are on such a level of asshatery it's not even funny. I've been through 3 LX Mopar clubs in the tri-state and they all came out to the same conclusion...car bashing. I said forget it and started my own thing.

--RS

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He definatly needs to go get a education...then maybe repost.lol

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this guy is obviously ********. we might need to ask his wife what she thinks, i have a feeling she is tougher than he is on stuff like this. and all coming from a guy who drives a four door and wants to compare it to a viper.....LOL

a few kool guys on that site but not this dope...

I came across this thread on the modern Mopar muscle site where...

on page 3 of 6

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f64/used-dodge-viper-bad-idea-253658/index3.html

as some one eles has said.
#1 the trans tunnel gets red hot as does the shifter base. hot yes, but please grow a set
#2 if your tall forget it. wrong, please grow a set
#3 the way the foot well is designed theres no room for the pedals so your right foot on the gas is placed were you would have the brake pedal in a normal car set up and the clutch and brake pedals are to the far left of the well.
>>> sit on a chair with your legs out straight-then bend both your ankles to the left at a 20 degree angle and thats what you got and you find your self driving it with your butt tilted to the left in the drivers seat to adjust your self toward the pedals cause your legs hurt fast driving it.
your right leg around your knee is always touching the trans **** and its hot. how hard is it to get used to ?
#4 creeks and rattles up the ass. YUP, be a man and grow a set
#5 every bump in the road and the suspension BANGS hard. AND you feel them in your back and ass. YUP, be a man and grow a set
#6 the ac when working good ***** any way-paper/foil tubes for the ac vents true
#7 radio ***** and always will no matter how much money you put into the system the car just has really bad acoustics True but who buys a car like this to listen to music, please grow a set. My run DMC CD plays just fine yo
#8 fiber glass so they get stress cracks true at times
#9 the door hinges go bad easy and drop the doors were they rub the door sill and destroy the piant easy to fix, please grow a set
#10 car cant be out in the rain [hard rain] they all leak-all years. jeez, who drives a viper in the rain ? thats what vettes are for
#11 the side exhaust will drive you insane in 6th gear from MAJOR drone-you hear only 5 cylinders [sounds like a 4 ****** with a flow master] in one ear Jeez, who would leave the exhaust stock, please grow a set
#12 trunk lids [ALL] rub the rear bumber. never saw this before
#13 the head lites spyder crack fast if you dont keep they polished out. no they dont, youre a dope
#14 clutch is a 3600 and hard as hell to hold down at long red lights. haha, grow a set Shirley
#15 clutch and brake pedals are so close together that you will find your self hitting the brake while pushing the clutch down. use your head idiot, (i have a size 13 and have driven with work boots)
#16 the seat belts are always getting slamed in the door jam and cracking the skirt cover for the side pipes. Which by the way CRACK THEM SELFS at the mounting points FROM THE EXHAUST HEAT. how are they doing that when they come from the opposite side ? maybe it was that special viper edition you and only drove...retard
#17 dont GET caught in the rain -the wipers **** at clearing the window and of course the defrost ***** and wont clear the glass so you can see. [2 tiny tinny defrost vents] the size of a pencil layed side ways. see answer on #10
#18 clutchs go out all the time - BIG $$$$$$$ to replace yeah, HUGE money, it cost me all of $350 including parts, but, im rich so i can afford that.
#19 the seats are hard as a rock and hurt your back in 15 minutes and they dont adjust please grow a set, my fat ass fits in it fine and have 60K miles on it now, driven from nebraska to NJ once, to and from south florida 5 times
forward and back-and the seat back tilts forward or back 6 degree's of movement is all you got.
their nice to look at but hell to drive or ride in.

Last edited:

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, I think the guy who wrote the article is a diehard vette guy who NEEDS to be pampered with six way adjustable electrically heated/cooled seats and all the traction nannies he can afford and because he lacks the driving skills to appreciate our cars for what they truly are, street legal race cars! I think he needs the Lexus SC 430 convertible my wife is wanting but then again THAT might be too much car for him to handle! NOT banging on Lexus but I tend to see more women driving them than I do men. Jeff

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's driving an 06 Charger and his signature says... "If you cant fix it with a hammer-than you have a electrical problem"

I give these guys a few points for their spirit in driving modern mopar muscle and all... but the list kinda sounds like he's defending why he can't really handle a Viper and probably can't afford one.

A few months ago I posted about dropping by the NJ Mopar Club meet-up which is all new Chargers and Chally's. A guy with a brand new "temp plate still in the window 392 Chally" starts telling me how he knew someone who had a Viper and the headlights sucked and it was so hot in the car crusising down the shore in the summer blah blah blah. He says to me that the Chally was his third new one and there is nothing that he would rather drive and then his relatively hot wife looks at my car and then at him and says "our next car is going to be a Viper" :lmao:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#8 Fiberglass?
Honestly I thought my car had "no" fiberglass! Isn't it an injected plastic process of molding?
Fiberglass vehicles you can actually see the fibers on the un-finished side.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LXs are nice, if you want a 4200 lb daily driver car.. and hey look, my 13 year old car is still faster, handles better, brakes better then any LX.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#8 Fiberglass?
Honestly I thought my car had "no" fiberglass! Isn't it an injected plastic process of molding?
Fiberglass vehicles you can actually see the fibers on the un-finished side.

most of the car is fiberglass. nose and rear bumper are molded plastic.

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a member sice 2005. Back then it was dodgemagnum.net because it was the only hemi car. It's changed a lot since then with a lot of young faces... But there are quite a few veterans stil posting who are good guys. Don't let one joker give you a bad opinion of the whole group.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's driving an 06 Charger and his signature says... "If you cant fix it with a hammer-than you have a electrical problem"

I give these guys a few points for their spirit in driving modern mopar muscle and all... but the list kinda sounds like he's defending why he can't really handle a Viper and probably can't afford one.

A few months ago I posted about dropping by the NJ Mopar Club meet-up which is all new Chargers and Chally's. A guy with a brand new "temp plate still in the window 392 Chally" starts telling me how he knew someone who had a Viper and the headlights sucked and it was so hot in the car crusising down the shore in the summer blah blah blah. He says to me that the Chally was his third new one and there is nothing that he would rather drive and then his relatively hot wife looks at my car and then at him and says "our next car is going to be a Viper" :lmao:

i met a couple of them on Saturday at the dyno day they had in garwood at cartec, nice guys. the one all black supercharged challenger was sick, i loved it. but for the life of me, i will never understand trying to make a 4 door car, fast or "cool"

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after reading that forum, i think all the LX guys dont like vipers cause they can't put a sound system and 24" rims on it...

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure on Gen 2's but only fiberglass on Gen 3's is trunk, doors and hood (I think). There's a cool drawing somewhere showing what all the different panels are made of. Gen 2's may be different.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed it:

as some one eles has said. Eles?
#1 the trans tunnel gets red hot as does the shifter base. Noticed this in 3 days of driving? Was it non stop driving?
#2 if your tall forget it. How tall? Is there proof? Yeah if your 8' tall you wont fit in most cars!
#3 the way the foot well is designed theres no room for the pedals so your right foot on the gas is placed were you would have the brake pedal in a normal car set up and the clutch and brake pedals are to the far left of the well. Stop being a *** and get over it. Its not a Camery, its a damn Viper!
>>> sit on a chair with your legs out straight-then bend both your ankles to the left at a 20 degree angle and thats what you got and you find your self driving it with your butt tilted to the left in the drivers seat to adjust your self toward the pedals cause your legs hurt fast driving it. Good similie, I can let people know what to do if they ask to drive my Viper.
your right leg around your knee is always touching the trans **** and its hot. "Trans ****" must be the scientific term....
#4 creeks and rattles up the ass. I'm sure things creek and rattle up his ass often.. hence the posting.
#5 every bump in the road and the suspension BANGS hard. AND you feel them in your back and ass. See previouse comment. Ass referance.
#6 the ac when working good ***** any way-paper/foil tubes for the ac vents Took the dash off to verify?
#7 radio ***** and always will no matter how much money you put into the system the car just has really bad acoustics Because money always buys quality.
#8 fiber glass so they get stress cracks Fiber glass so its faster!
#9 the door hinges go bad easy and drop the doors were they rub the door sill and destroy the piant Fix things when they wear out. Like your ass.
#10 car cant be out in the rain [hard rain] they all leak-all years. Put the top back. Or buy a coupe.
#11 the side exhaust will drive you insane in 6th gear from MAJOR drone-you hear only 5 cylinders [sounds like a 4 ****** with a flow master] in one ear Insane? Really? I guess we found the cause. Step: two-fix it.
#12 trunk lids [ALL] rub the rear bumber. Bumber.
#13 the head lites spyder crack fast if you dont keep they polished out. So many things wrong with this sentence fragment.
#14 clutch is a 3600 and hard as hell to hold down at long red lights. ***.
#15 clutch and brake pedals are so close together that you will find your self hitting the brake while pushing the clutch down. I'm sure the D-bag does this in any manal car, he's "that" guy.
#16 the seat belts are always getting slamed in the door jam and cracking the skirt cover for the side pipes. Which by the way CRACK THEM SELFS at the mounting points FROM THE EXHAUST HEAT. Oh Jeez.
#17 dont GET caught in the rain -the wipers **** at clearing the window and of course the defrost ***** and wont clear the glass so you can see. [2 tiny tinny defrost vents] the size of a pencil layed side ways. And they all leak!-all years!
#18 clutchs go out all the time - BIG $$$$$$$ to replace Big dollar signs to replace? Compared to what? Your civic or low rider S-10?
#19 the seats are hard as a rock and hurt your back in 15 minutes and they dont adjust
their nice to look at but hell to drive or ride in.[/QUOTE] The nonsense all makes sense in the last two words.... ride in. I know a guy who had a viper that let me drive in once a long time ago but I don't know where. I think it was an automatic though, and it may have been a twelve cyliner...

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to buy a 2010 Viper ACR because it's the fastest production car at the Ring but the acoustics was a deal breaker...:rolleyes:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 131,000 miles on my stock clutch and it still runs a 12 flat 1/4. I gotta admit though, I think I felt it slip getting onto the highway last week. Looks like I'll be springing $225 for a new one.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet the guys wife said No, so he "found" 19 reasons why he doesn't want one... gotta save face for his bro's doncha know!
That guy is a wimp masquerading as man. I have put 50K miles on my car with too much of it in rush hour traffic and my left leg still doesn't look like Derrick Poundstone's.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 131,000 miles on my stock clutch and it still runs a 12 flat 1/4. I gotta admit though, I think I felt it slip getting onto the highway last week. Looks like I'll be springing $225 for a new one.

Good Lord man! Going around here flaunting your riches! $225 for a clutch, thats crazy money! That must be oil money, or is mommy and daddy paying for it!

Psh!

In all seriousness though, 131K on stock clutch is damn good!

Mr. Mom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! That is an old thread that was drummed up on LXF! I've been a member over there since '06 (under a different screen name). I know the OP of that thread a litte (J Weezy). He scrapped the idea of the Viper way back and just recently went with a Mercedes Benz ML series.
Big thing over there is that SOME of the forum members can't see past the LX series, don't do the research, and get the whole story wrong. You've got the tried n' true racers who turn the "bricks" we drive into rockets, and the guys like me who run slow on 24's and have way to much audio/video going on inside. For the most part, though, it's a very open minded group who love everything MOPAR.......even that PT Cruiser thing! LOL
There's a ton of info there and a ton of great people who view the Viper as the ultimate driver's machine that commands respect. But, you've also got some boneheads who don't have a clue. When you see a post from the boneheads - and you can't miss it - ignore it and keep on movin'. There's some of us who are still in love with the street driven raw machine that the Viper is. Owners and otherwise.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Faults? Viper has faults? Noooo, you don't say! So what.....

Some of those are true, but still....so what....

My 10 year old clutch has 52,000 miles on it. My headlights are clear, and not cracked or hazy. My seatbelts never get caught in the door. The body on my Gen2 is RTM, which I think stands for Ripple Transfer Molded. See, there are these molds with ripples machined into them, and they transfer that ripple to the body panels. ;)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who writes this rubbish! You can pull almost Any car apart,

Viper....Great big engine, no nanny aids, Great Racing history, super cool looks AND AMERICAN :usa: what's not to like :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456