Vipers ******* and Ford GT's on Travel Channel today

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers ******* and Ford GT\'s on Travel Channel today

Today on the Travel Channel "American Supercars" at 9pm and midnight eastern time or 6pm and 9pm pacific time, they will be showing our Viper Club at ******* and Thunderhill Raceway. They might even show my wife and me if we don't end up on the cutting room floor,talking about my Viper. I have no idea how the format of the hour long show will work, but it is about American Supercars and talks about the Viper and the Ford GT

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Vipers ******* and Ford GT\'s on Travel Channel today

This is a 'must see' show! Great coverage on both the Viper and the Ford GT.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeh it sure is-I think that's the most coverage I have ever seen of the Vipers

that MK III is gorgeous, twist my arm to have that in my garage!

K

Kaya

Recording now

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah, except for the clueless "journalist" with the mid-life crisis comment - I note he later said "we" did something with production when referring to the GT, so I think they mis-labeled his affiliation and he was actually a ford employee.

The production was a bit sloppy, though - they were seeiming to equate the Gen1/GenII/GenIII horsepower and torque figures (talking about the Gen III 500 Hp, etc, while showing Gen I and Gen II's), and did a lot of other implied mistakes. One I noted at least twice was showing Rocky Angen's green Panoz while talking about the Viper - it was in a lot of the shots from Viper Days.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Recording now

I'll be the first to ask.... can you burn it to a DVD for me? I just have a VCR....

It was still a fun show even though not perfect. I laughed at teh mispronunciation "Dymeter" instead of "dynomometer". They also tied Ralphs Gen III convertible comments to images of the GTS Coupe. It was sort of funny that they presented people who were paying more for kit GT-40's that they would pay to buy a GT.

Still nice to see shows like this on Vipers.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Aside from the numerous technical mistakes, it was great to see coverage of Vipers, and especially Viper Days. I saw many people that I knew from Vipers Days, and Thunderhill, which is a beautiful track. All in all, I'd say it was a great show.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome to see Viper Days in the program. I wonder why they didn't show the GT racing series...oh that's right, THERE ISN'T ONE!

C'mon Ford everyone loves the GT, keep building it.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i enjoyed the segment about the roadrunner. i could have sworn they referred to it as a cuda a couple of times! they obviously didnt do their homework when it came to the narration. like you guys said, mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.

enjoyed it. thanks for telling us!

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Riveting! This mid-life crisis'r gladly tells our moronic commentator to go back to Ford and continue Ki$$ing A$$.

Bob the Blimp (Mr Ford Dealership) was an arrogant **** as well.

The Viper footage was absolutely unbeatable, I loved every second of it except for the inexperienced driver, Jeez!

Awesome, Awesome , Awesome!

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If anybody missed it, it will air again on May 17th at 1pm pacific time or 4 pm eastern time on the Travel Channel

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah - we were commenting that while we were saddled with bad driver drag racer guy - at least we didn't get saddled with old fat guy to represent us!

I swear, I think I would have run over that jacka$$.