VOI 8 Pictures and Video by Speed Technik in CT.

TechnikMitchell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to stop in and thank the VOI 8 staff along with Joe Oneto, the President of the NY/CT VCA chapter for an absolutely fantastic time. Nothing could prepare me for four outrageous days of Viper cameraderie, an amazing parade downtown, and a perfect track day at Texas Motor Speedway. To be quite honest, the track day alone was enough to make the event for me, let alone the sensory overload provided by the other three days of Viper mania.

In fact, I want to give something back. Chris Troianello, a friend, associate, and soon to be employee of Speed Technik, spent most of his time in Texas gathering media of this event, including some pictures of the Gaylord Texan at night. He has set up a site for the good members of this board with over 500 pictures from the event and two videos of the Viper parade and the track day. I hope you all take the time to enjoy this record of one of the best times I have had with anything related to a car. :laugh:

Click Here for all Media

You must be registered for see images

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh it's the famous Paul Greaser , active KC Viper Club member, ripping around the track at Texas Motor Speedway. Way to go Paul, now get your butt back up here in Nebraska and finishing building my new home,ha,ha.

Finding a lot in the country ...........$$$$$
Building a home with a walkout basement that faces the woods and streams...$$$$
Delays in finishing the house cuz the builder is off racing his Viper......
PRICELESS!!

I love ya man, and glad you had so much fun in Dallas, see ya when you get back . PS - it rained here today anyway, so you really aren't behind,hehe.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
bum..***...dee..da..do!

Love the video...wasn't what they were singing...but who cares! Great footage for us could could not make it!

MsSnakeSRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for the cool video clips!
I watched them with my kids and they loved it!
My 9 yr. old daughter was singing..LOL
and my boy-7 yrs. old was dancing to the Techno beat!
The kids swore they saw Chuck everywhere in the video,
had to pause and click screen by screen to make sure it was not.

Your video and photos are fantastic and really show details
as to how great this trip was!

Chuck and I are in Fairfield County, CT.
Have we met? Were you with Joe?
We saw him a few times during the event.
He is a very classy guy.
I cannot wait for another brunch at the Country Club,
or any other events with the
NICE NY, CT, New England Viper owners! ;)

And ,Everyone I met from VCA were great,
funny, openminded, fun loving people.

Nice meeting everyone.
Even the Alley guys were fun in thier own way! LOL :p

Even though I like to Party and have a WILD time
when away from my kids,(and my conservative, quiet , CT town!!!!)
I do appreciate the more mature kind mannered crowd.
I like to be the one to stir up some fun,
the acceptance and kindness this group has shown is
sincerely appreciated.

I have a few pictures and would love to share,
but, fear the Alley will get a hold of them and
Warp me , and insult me some more. :confused:
I guess I was the Life of the party..LOL :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously, I had a great time.

Thanks to all who were involved in
planning this spectacular Event!

CT- Barb ;) ;) ;)

OP
OP
T

TechnikMitchell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey CT-Barb-

Thanks for the compliments! My friend did a great job making those and I'll pass along the nice note.

I don't think we met, although I did hang out with Joe a bit. Please feel free to visit us at our facility in Norwalk, Connecticut. The website is www.speedtechnik.com.

We have been primarily known for our work on European Cars (Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche, etc.) but since all my techs are certified "muscle-car" guys, we added the Viper and Corvette (C5 and later) to our performance lineup a while ago. Also, a good number of our customers had either of those cars along with their European counterparts and wanted us to work on them accordingly...

Speed Technik is a beautiful facility, complete with a full showroom in which we proudly display on rotation 2 of our 20 in-house cars. We have a full inventory of performance parts, accessories, wheels, race equipment, and more. We also house a Dynapack Dyno which is both 2 and 4 wheel drive. This is a hub-based dyno and by far the most accurate and repeatable dyno for tuning bar none. (www.dynapackusa.com)

Along with all this we also do full mobile Audio/Video and custom integration. I have a full inventory of this as well and we are dealers for ALPINE, JL AUDIO, FOCAL, and the KENWOOD EXCELON series of products.

Basically, we are one stop shopping for your vehicle!

We've been trying to work on having a Viper get-together before the Winter hits us and run some cars on the Dyno for all to see. I hope we can get it together with Joe and the all the various members who wish to attend.

My Viper is the black 2004 SRT-10 with the Red Badging and a little bit of work (for now - headers, high flow cats, exhaust, intake, 3.55's, Stop-Tech Rotors, B&M short shifter and some visual add-ons. The HRE 540's in Black with polished lips are on there way shortly.

We are dealers for just about everything a Viper owner could want. Most recently we have become Paxton Supercharger dealers and I am looking forward to having their kit installed on my car in the immediate future.

Sorry if this is information overload but I typically don't write on Forums often and usually leave that up to my sales staff.

Nontheless, please feel free to call Speed Technik any time at 203-229-0590. We're closed this weekend as we're racing our BMW in the SpeedVision World Challenge Series (Check your listings, as it will be on TV in two weeks!). Our driver Hugh Stewart is in car #34, a yellow and black BMW 325i sedan. It is the last race for this car in this series. We will be campaigning at least 2, if not 3 SRT-4's next year. We have already purchased one and have built it up quite nicely. Upon finalizing the suspension and roll-cage we will be testing before the upcoming season so be sure to look for us there as well! (www.sccapro.com) - click on World Challenge and look around!

Again, thanks to you and everyone else at VOI8! It was an awesome time and I cannot wait for VOI9! I look forward to having one more Viper with me every time I go to the next one! (New GTS-Coupe hopefully!) My friend Chris and I had a great time and the people couldn't have been nicer!

Many thanks,

Mitchell Frischer
Speed Technik
"Performance Without Limits"(R)
www.speedtechnik.com

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mitch.

Way to drive that Nikon D70! Nice photos. That camera (and the guy behind it) definitely does a good job. I took just under 2GB of NEF (Nikon RAW) photos with my D100, most of which came out good, but your photos of the cars on the oval came out incredible. It looks like you were standing on the track taking the photos. What lens did you use? Is that a tight crop, or a 400mm lens, or did you work one of the corners at TMS? :)

OP
OP
T

TechnikMitchell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave - I have to tell you- Chris is the camera wizard and I will have him reply to you with a PM. I know nothing about cameras - I just bought the darn thing!...

I agree though. The pictures and videos came out great. I gotta say, the pics make my car look like its standing still (wheels and all) even as I was going 150+ MPH!!!

We're getting ready to install a very clean, tight, audio/video system in the car and will post pictures on a new thread when the work is completed.

I plan on doing the same with the Paxton Supercharger kit along with before and after Dyno plots for all to see...

Things are going to get interesting this Winter at Speed Technik....Ready for your Brake Upgrade?.....

Mitchell Frischer
Speed Technik
"Performance Without Limits"(R)
www.speedtechnik.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang