VOI Live Ustream

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While no expert, I will attempt to Ustream parts of the caravan to Charlotte live tomorrow and other VOI events as possible.

I figure why not abuse my unlimited ATT data plan for the final few days I have it.

That being said, don't expect much... no promises.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/voi-12

Schedule of events for Thursday...

5:30 am... departure
highlight: dark

6:30 am - 6:45 am meet up in Springfield, Va
highlight: VCA members, more Vipers, Mcdonalds if time

7:45- 8 am Fredericksburg, Va meet up.
highlight: fuel, more VCA members and Vipers

Noon Lunch and Fuel (Burlington NC)
highlight: Stretching

1:15pm ******* Barrel (Salisbury, NC)
highlight: NC Caravan crew

2pm Arrive, Concord, NC
highlight: Exhausted

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be at ******* Barrel! I've driven to South Hill, Va and am at the Holiday Inn by the I-85 intersection with Rt58. Tomorrow we are meeting the NC gang at Mebane NC At 10AM and then on to ******* Barrel.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is awesome! Since we're going so far together, I sent out the link to some friends. :p

OP
OP
V

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to stream some of the "epic" cruise yesterday, but that thought ended almost immediately as the Viper I was following went in the wrong direction. I had to use the phone as a GPS most of the day.

This highlight of the cruise was coming to an intersection with my group and as we were stopped at the light we had a group coming towards us and to the left and right. Vipers going everywhere and in all directions, lol.

I was able to stream the autocross this morning, and at 11:07 pulled a 180 for your viewing pleasure.

Rain shut down the drag strip after my first run this afternoon, so I didn't have a chance to stream that.

And for some reason cell coverage is poor for me at the speedway, so no streaming of the road course.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was doing plenty of that a few weeks ago in the Dry :D

But on a big Airfield runway ;) Have to say those lamp posts in the car park look a bit too close for my liking!

OP
OP
V

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Group B got screwed. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome.... but the rain on Saturday messed up a ton of track time for B. It was mostly like what you see in the videos, brief periods of drizzle. There was some drying in the afternoon, before more drizzle and later rain. Group B also had to be the test dummy for the cruise, which over ran by 3 hours. Still awesome... just long, almost 9 hours. The Penske garage is like the final seen from Raiders of the Lost Ark, except with NASCAR cars stretching into the distance. Sunday's open track time allowed group B to get it all back as the weather was awesome. I ran the Roval at CMS until dizzy.

I lucked into 4 runs with the same instructor and at one point he hopped in and said, "Oh good, I know you're not going to kill me" I got good instruction and progresses nicely without getting crazy. Same guy also said this when I was being passed, "Don't worry, we'll pass him after he wrecks." .... and we did. Bummer was that wreck and a photo shoot took a bit of time, but it was also a nice breather.

Needless to say, all autocross winners were from group A. They had great weather for Friday.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha - nice spin
I did the same thing on the other course... 270 degrees on the 3rd set of cones.
Actually I thought the rain made it kinda fun out there. :D

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper