VOI questions for us local people

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Does it matter which hotel we register at?
2) Can we just drive to the venues instead of meeting at the hotel first?
3) Are we getting together as MCVO for any occasion?

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I haven't heard much about what people not staying at the hotels should do.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am staying at home also. Maybe we can connect for the drive in as we live pretty close.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont know if anyone else got their info yet but as i read it, it seems that for the tours(CAAP, Prefix & Saleen) & Walter P. Chrysler. that we must leave from the Hotel downtown and ride the motor coaches provided per cover letter point num. 5 !

Last edited:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not received anything. But if they think I am going to drive 30 miles to downtown (about an hour at that time) just to ride a bus back to within 5 miles of where I started they better think again. As you guys know Prefix, Saleen and The Chrysler museum are all within 5-10 minutes of here. There has to be a way to allow people to drive their Vipers to these places or at the very least allow us to go straight to the venue and ride the bus from there. It is not just the mileage, it is the time.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't we just show up at the venues and wait to go in with the bus loads?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, I did receive the packet. Not home much this weekend and missed that it arrived.

Looking through it I believe there is only 1 day where driving direct to a venue is not allowed. That is the stated tour day to CAAP, Saleen and the Museum. I was surprised that Prefix is not on the schedule. Anyway I will defer a decision on the tours right now. Since we have been at all of those locations the added drive time could be a deterent. The museum is minutes from both Tom's and my house and has more than adequate parking. I can understand Saleen as the parking there is quite limited.

I would like to confirm that we can drive direct to Chelsea on the driving day and to Belle Isle on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm also interested in bypassing the long ride downtown and then back to Auburn Hills. I would be interested in meeting up with the locals and driving our Vipers to the venues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper