1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOI9 cars....is there a registry

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by SERPENT INDY, Oct 19, 2007.

1. FrankBarba

FrankBarba Viper Owner

2. TAXIMAN1

TAXIMAN1 Viper Owner

I have #31.
    It has 362 miles on it.

3. TAXIMAN1

TAXIMAN1 Viper Owner

I'm in.. Heres a bump to an old thread. Anyone know how we go about doing this? Looks like we have quite a few reporting already.. X2 Vipers has 2 or 3, of the totaled ones I believe..

4. FrankBarba

FrankBarba Viper Owner

If you want a registry, i'll get one started. Need help with the costs though....

5. TAXIMAN1

TAXIMAN1 Viper Owner

Im in... PM sent

6. KenricGTS

KenricGTS Viper Owner

My Dad has number 9 for VOI 9. He lucked out to get #9. Anyway it is in Alb. NM has a Paxton and goodies.:usa:

7. mralbuquerque

mralbuquerque Enthusiast

Number 22..................

8. King_

King_ Enthusiast

High Five for thread from the dead!

9. 1 of 9

1 of 9 Viper Owner

Number 1 was the VCA raffle car. The cars that were delivered at the VOI 9 in Las Vegas have a medallion on the C-pillar. (Dodge offered free delivery to the VOI for these cars and then free delivery back to your selling dealer.) The cars with the Mopar/Arrow/Prefix performance package have a decal on the rear fascia, between the stripes. The other variant would be the cars with the Prefix aero package. A registry would be fun to track these vehicles.

10. Scott Mannny

Scott Mannny Viper Owner

Number 1, is still alive and in perfect condition, in Oklahoma.

11. Cobraken

Cobraken Viper Owner

I just purchased #81 in California. 8,025 miles for $49,000. Been wanting one since VOI 9.

12. Cobraken

Cobraken Viper Owner

OK folks it looks like a registery for the VOI 9 cars isn't going to happen. We have over 20 of the cars here.

Let's see some photos!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Stretch

Stretch Viper Owner

So the car sold at auction last month got me thinking about the VOI9 cars and I found this thread on the registry. This sounds like a good idea and since I can't go driving yet I can help put together a registry of the cars. What are you guys looking to keep track of? VOI9 #, vin, build date, anything else? If you want to post info here or pm it to me I'll throw it all together. :2tu:

14. jpa99acr

jpa99acr Enthusiast

I have the prefix edition, with a Paxton, Corsa, motons, and racelogic traction control. I can't remember what the badge # is, I will check and add this weekend. Here is a few photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Chelseasnake

Chelseasnake Viper Owner

i bet it is # 90 , lol

16. Stretch

Stretch Viper Owner

Thanks jpa99acr! That is probably one fun car with the paxton on it.

Did the Prefix cars get any special markings on them? Or just the wing & splitter? I read somewhere that there were 16 of them. Is that accurate?

17. Cobraken

Cobraken Viper Owner

There was a performance upgrade available also. I want to encourage the development of a registry as I own #81.

2013-01-12 11.31.05.jpg 2013-01-12 11.31.47.jpg 2006viperwhite056.jpg 2013-01-12 11.29.20.jpg

18. Stretch

Stretch Viper Owner

Stretch to the rescue! Haha! Or something like that. I think the registry will be fun. I've been wandering through the forums looking for info on them to add to the registry / history.

So far I've found 3 groups that were special options within the 100 (besides the raffle car).
    - Prefix cars with the splitter and wing. Saw somewhere that there were 16 of these, but I've also seen a couple other numbers for this.
    - Mopar performance package installed by Prefix. 9 should have this and they are designated with the round logo between the stripes on the rear bumper.
    - Vegas drive away cars at VOI9. 13 were there and have a logo on the sides just behind the side windows.

I'll try to find the ones in each category for the registry. If anyone knows of any let me know.

I was thinking that it would be fun to compile the VOI numbers, VINs, and build dates (MDH) for each. Is that too much info? Not enough info? Should I try to add anything else? Flying by the seat of my pants here since I've never created a registry before :D

Side note... does anyone know what # the mecum auction car was last month??

19. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member VCA Member

20. Stretch

Stretch Viper Owner

That is exactly the car Steve. I haven't found anything in the description saying what number it was of the 100 VOI9 cars.

i just noticed reading it again that this car comes with a letter of certification about the Prefix aero stuff listing all 16 cars that came with the package. That would be nice info to have for the registry, but probably not possible to get a copy.

21. jpa99acr

jpa99acr Enthusiast

I have that letter that you are referring to. I will try and get a PDF of it up here.

22. Stretch

Stretch Viper Owner

That would be awesome! I'll shoot you my email address as well in case you can just get a picture of it to send over.

I'm still hoping to get the number of that Mecum auction car but so far no luck in finding it.

23. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

LOVE these cars. Almost bought one a few years ago....truly one of the most desirable special edition cars. Definitely deserving of a registry!

24. Stretch

Stretch Viper Owner

I've started the registry with all the information I could find on the internet. If anyone has more info that could be added or sees anything pop up please send it my way.

25. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

Finally got one....#95 with Prefix package...lovin it. :2tu:

s_voi9.jpg

26. PittsburghRT

PittsburghRT Viper Owner

Beautiful Brian!

27. Chelseasnake

Chelseasnake Viper Owner

worth the wait

28. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

Thanks....funny thing is I stopped looking for a while. One day my phone rings and it was Tom Sessions who heard through the grapevine I was looking for one and "knew a guy". Car was still in the wrapper....50 miles on it....couldn't pass it up. Yes, definitely worth the wait Chelsea. :)

29. VOI94of100

VOI94of100 Viper Owner

Yes, that is (was) #94... I had about 10k miles on her before the guardrail incident. I replaced her with a new '06 coupe - GTSBlue/Silver stripes. More @ theviperguy.com

30. Stretch

Stretch Viper Owner

Congrats on the purchase Brian!!!! That car is beautiful.

And another Prefix car identified for the database :D