vortex cones in a corsa exhaust

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone put vortex cones in a corsa exhaust srt10 - if so -
Do they change the character of the sound - How much do they affect the volume - Where in line did u install them
thanks

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have vortex cones in my Exhaust (Corsa Track.)

I put them right in front of the mufflers, between the mufflers and the cats. Dyno testing before and after the cone install indicated no loss of hp or tq (I actually gained a couple.)

The cones decreased the volume subtantially. The exhaust is still loud, but not nearly as loud as without the cones.

I just bought a second set of cones I am going to put in upstream from the cats. My track exhaust is still a bit loud for my tastes (and my hearing) so I'm going to see if two sets of cones will tone it down even more.

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U have aftermarket headers and cats.. Don't they make the exhaust louder over stock ... I mean if u had stock headers and cats with the corsa track would it not be quieter than u're current set up

thanks for the help

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U have aftermarket headers and cats.. Don't they make the exhaust louder over stock ... I mean if u had stock headers and cats with the corsa track would it not be quieter than u're current set up

thanks for the help

I don't know if you can use the stock cats with the Corsa track. Maybe you can.

Yes, the Corsa Track with stock headers is probably more quiet than the Corsa Track with aftermarket headers and cones.

Honestly, I think that aftermarket headers overwhelm the Corsa Track mufflers. They don't "muffle" the sound very well with high flow cats and headers. That's why I put in the cones. The Track exhaust with headers and cats is pretty obnoxious without the cones.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, you can use the Corsa Track with the stock cats, and it is quieter.

Kai is right. Headers speed up the exhaust gases way too much for the Corsa Track to work properly. This combo creates a very noisy exhaust note. Sounds OK for about 30 minutes. After that you'll wish you hadn't done it. Your ears will ring.

Cones will help a little bit, not much. 4 might be better than two, but where do you stop?

After much experimentation and many $$$$'s, I took them out and went with the full B & B exhaust, stepped headers with mufflers, high flow cats and the crossover. Very nice sound, not too loud, good hp / tq.

Dan

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After much experimentation and many $$$$'s, I took them out and went with the full B & B exhaust, stepped headers with mufflers, high flow cats and the crossover. Very nice sound, not too loud, good hp / tq.
Dan

This is my next step if the addition of two more cones doesn't quiet it down enough. I hate adding back all that weight from the crossover piping, but I also hate having my left ear pounding and ringing from the too loud exhaust.

I had the hole in the aluminum undertray covered up when I removed the crossover. If I add the crossover back, I guess I will have to unpatch the hole (and find the crossover heat shield.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960