VOTE FOR THE SRT-10 COUPE VS Z06 AT C&D!

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prestige.. So, that's the argument now? It used to be bad a$$ performance - now it's become 'prestige'? I know this will be unpopular, but that is just lame. You guys are sounding more and more like Porsche owners.

Too me, prestige is based on delivering the goods, and if the new Z06 proves to be the top dog from a performance standpoint (which remains to be seen), it'll have the so called prestige - especially if it's less exspensive, unless you look at as a privilege to spend a lot of money on a car.

Dodge needs come back at the C6 Z06 with a better car, not 'prestige'.

Please take this as a serious observation about the Viper/Vette evolution as I own and like them both.

Jim

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It used to be, yes. The old Viper used to be a lot of things. However, it is circa 2003+, dead now. Those days of the old, rude, car are long gone.

What the new Viper is, has yet to be decided by those wishing for the old car. I will tell you, that the new SRT, for my application is a better car. If you/me/them want a new Z06, Porsche, whatever, go buy it.

I don't care if the Mustang, let alone the Z06 has 500 hp.

Welcome to the Gen III Viper forum....

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I missing something here ? I worked 6 and 7 days a week back in 1993 and 1994 to save enough money and get lucky enough to get on the waiting list for the viper, and when I finally got my 95 RT10, it proved to be worth the wait....viper has been the leading american sports car since !!! So finally GM is about to catch up, BIG WOW !!! Lets just all abandon ship. I'll stick by DODGE knowing damn well they'll easily comeback with an answer for viper wannabe...In the mean time I can't wait to meet up with a Z06 in my slow 750Hp car...The thing is we all know how easy it is to get more power out of any viper with a simple change of a filter or exhaust and may god forbid a supercharger or turbo...It's by no means at the max limit........ :2tu: :usa:

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your opinion, I speak the truth....so sayeth Craig the Troll.

Give us a break Trollraig, I can imagine you in the school yard telling your friends , " Hi, I'm Craig , and I have a Lexus!"

Wow, now that is Prestige. I am sure **** Susie from Saskatchewan would much rather ride in the Prestige of a Lexus than in a Viper.... not.Please have fun over at the Lexus website, I hear they enjoy swapping stories of low decible ratings at a 70mph cruise.

decible ratings............... LOL. TO FUNNY!!! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION(SOLD)
2004 PORSCHE 996 TT CAB (SOLD)
2005 PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO
2005 T-rex

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are issues with my car that I do not like. For example, my fat ass does not fit in the seat well. These side bolsters make me feel like I am on the crapper with a phone book on each cheek..

Good. I'm not the only one.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now how does one know what sitting on a crapper with a phone book on each cheek feels like? :)

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now how does one know what sitting on a crapper with a phone book on each cheek feels like? :)

When one shares a house with 16 other constantly drunk guys. Talking about what chick they banged last night and why is it their "stream" goes in two directions?
You learn never to let a cheek touch the seat. And well sometimes you have to improvise!!! :D

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel that is an accurate assessment. While the Viper is of critical importance to us, and while it had a marketing impact in 1992+, D-C has many coals in the fire, and obviously some duds. Hemi is hot. There is just so much R&D funds available for a car that sells less than 2500 per year; economics 101. Enjoy your Viper, regardless of generation. If other brands are tugging at you; buy one and return when you deem appropriate. To me, the Viper is an incredible car. I could not be more pleased, and there is nothing out there that draws me. (However, I would not mind an `05 Porsche as a daily driver...two cup holders and XM).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang