VOTE FOR THE SRT-10 COUPE VS Z06 AT C&D!

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are already almost as many votes for the Z06 as owners of Vipers. You are against a losing proposition.

Plus you are assuming that we would all prefer the 500 hp coupe versus the 500 hp C6Z06. That may not be a good assumption.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus you are assuming that we would all prefer the 500 hp coupe versus the 500 hp C6Z06. That may not be a good assumption.

Probably a fairly accurate assumption considering the is the VCA web site :rolleyes:
Also the poll is for anyone, not just owners of Vipers and Vettes, so I don't know why you think it matters that there are more vette owners than Viper owners. It is a simple question of which car you would rather drive...

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z06, isnt that the plastic car on a pole inside the mall for the little kids to ride, you know, put in a quarter and yipppppi.....lol
any dought what I voted for, if it aint Viper, it aint shyt........Thanks for the heads up Joe...

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count one more for the viper. I didn't buy my viper {second one} out of hate for the Z06, I bought it because I love the viper idea and all it stands for.....pure sports car. Have you noticed the reshaping of the vette to almost look like a viper!!! The Z06 even adds the hood scoop and the 500hp... Talk about following the leader.
GM, you are 15 years late

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
_

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm.........let's see,36,000 Vettes a year, and maybe a little over 2,000 Vipers a year. Common sense says of course this is a weighted question. Take 10 years of Viper owners and you haven't reached 1 year of Vette production.

Geesh, Craig, why bother to post anymore? Even simple little stuff like this and you go to the other camp. Do you ever vote or say anything positive about Vipers - this is like a daily ritual with you anymore, like you don't need vitamins, you just have to say something negative, no matter how slight , against the Snake to get your daily requirement. Even those of us that at one time felt you had a right to post some of your views are plain fed up with it. Just go to the Vette camp or somewhere else, it is tiresome.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just voted and got back: 15,253 votes now in-Z06 63%, SRT-10, 37%

When I first saw the title of this thread I was going to post "Who cares about a poll that any ***** with internet access can take?" I guess I could take it multiple times, using different accounts.
No matter how the poll turns out, the Viper is a great car. It has always been a great car. I've never understood this obsession with Z06. They could stick a 700 hp engine in it-so what? To me it's no different that a Honda Civic. There've been too many bad Corvette models in the last 20 yrs to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I've seen some fast Civics, but I never wanted one. Now that the Z06 looks more like a Viper, and will perform more like one, great. But it still has a long way to go. It certainly isn't the slam dunk many think it is.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VETTE....YEAH SURE
You must be registered for see images

Who can blame GM for trying to steal the good looks.... What's next name change: viperwannabe

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow – those pictures are uncanny. We’ve all seen pictures of the new Vette and Z06 etc, but those pictures really put it into perspective.

Anyway – a simple run to the Food Lion last night resulted in yet another Viper photo shoot (by people I don’t even know). I live in a somewhat rural area and I figure it won’t be long till everyone in the county has a picture of my car as their computer wallpaper. And to think I could have avoided all the attention by simply buying a Vette. Oh well, hindsight’s 20/20.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm.........let's see,36,000 Vettes a year, and maybe a little over 2,000 Vipers a year. Common sense says of course this is a weighted question. Take 10 years of Viper owners and you haven't reached 1 year of Vette production.

Geesh, Craig, why bother to post anymore? Even simple little stuff like this and you go to the other camp. Do you ever vote or say anything positive about Vipers - this is like a daily ritual with you anymore, like you don't need vitamins, you just have to say something negative, no matter how slight , against the Snake to get your daily requirement. Even those of us that at one time felt you had a right to post some of your views are plain fed up with it. Just go to the Vette camp or somewhere else, it is tiresome.

When is the last time I said anything bad about a Gen 2 car???? I am critical on the SRT because of many reasons that I have already explained. I know my posts must frustrate you, I'd be in a bad mood too if I had more SRT-10's on the lot than neons.

I really cannot see why my post was deleted all I did was state that I voted for the Z06. The SS strikes again!

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When is the last time I said anything bad about a Gen 2 car???? I am critical on the SRT because of many reasons that I have already explained. I know my posts must frustrate you, I'd be in a bad mood too if I had more SRT-10's on the lot than neons.

I really cannot see why my post was deleted all I did was state that I voted for the Z06. The SS strikes again!

Do I detect some crying here??

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do I detect some crying here??

Crying?? Ask the person who deleted my post, ask the people wanting me banned all because they can't handle what I have to say. It's beyond laughable that people can't handle a bit of criticism. The funny thing is, my post in this thread that was deleted in no way bashed the SRT at all.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, this category of the Viper Club forum is dedicated to the SRT-10. You have made it abuntantly clear that you do not like the SRT-10, the company that created it or the owners that have chosen it. The why are you here?

I cannot fathom always going to a car site (or any other site for that matter) that concentrates on a topic I did not like. Why not concentrate on something that gives you some semblance of enjoyment. And in doing so it will be a win-win scenario. In other words ... good bye!

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crying?? Ask the person who deleted my post, ask the people wanting me banned all because they can't handle what I have to say. It's beyond laughable that people can't handle a bit of criticism. The funny thing is, my post in this thread that was deleted in no way bashed the SRT at all.

Well, let's see. How about on an SRT-10 web site choosing the Corvette over the Viper. What do you call that? Appreciation? Acknowledgement? or Bashing? We all see it as bashing when it comes from someone that does that type of bashing better than Eveready does batteries.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, this category of the Viper Club forum is dedicated to the SRT-10. You have made it abuntantly clear that you do not like the SRT-10, the company that created it or the owners that have chosen it. The why are you here?

I cannot fathom always going to a car site (or any other site for that matter) that concentrates on a topic I did not like. Why not concentrate on something that gives you some semblance of enjoyment. And in doing so it will be a win-win scenario. In other words ... good bye!

So you would prefer to have a one sided pat yourselves on the back forum full of cheery talk with no differing opinion???? Sounds pretty boring to me. I derive quite a bit of enjoyment from getting your ******* in a knot simply because you and some other SRT owners are insecure about their purchase. If you regard me as nothing but a non car owning stupid kid, why do you care what I think????

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not (i.e. care what you think). That is why I want you gone. I do not value your opinion, your critiques or your criticism.

I have no problem with reasonable review of the SRT-10. Good and bad. It is lust the incessant name calling and bs (like your statement that there are more Vipers than Neons on the car lots - right). It does not provide value. None.

So go back to school and talk your bs with someone that indicates it is of value.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not (i.e. care what you think). That is why I want you gone. I do not value your opinion, your critiques or your criticism.

I have no problem with reasonable review of the SRT-10. Good and bad. It is lust the incessant name calling and bs (like your statement that there are more Vipers than Neons on the car lots - right). It does not provide value. None.

So go back to school and talk your bs with someone that indicates it is of value.

See the funny thing is, this all started with my simple opinion that I voted for the Z06, that was deleted for some reason and now we are where we are as a result. My poke at more vipers on teh lot than neons should come across as a huge exaggeration and should be regarded as such. Don't be such a baby.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Craig – I have to agree that the fact you said you voted for the Z06 is not grounds for deletion. Still, I have trouble understanding why you seem obsessed with something you loathe (SRT/10). Isn’t time to move on? You just spend time here telling us how much you loathe the SRT/10. Do you gain anything by that?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig – I have to agree that the fact you said you voted for the Z06 is not grounds for deletion. Still, I have trouble understanding why you seem obsessed with something you loathe (SRT/10). Isn’t time to move on? You just spend time here telling us how much you loathe the SRT/10. Do you gain anything by that?

When was the last time I made a post of that nature??? It was WEEKS! If you'll notice, aside from this thread I have made literally 10 posts in the past 2 weeks in this section. Everyone is aware it is not my favourite car, is it my most hated? not by a long shot, it does a lot of things brilliantly and I can appreciate it for what it's strenghts are, but the fact of the matter is it has some things in my opinion that are keeping it from being a major player in teh market it once dominated. The reason I am so critical is because I care and want to see the car live on and not get canned, suffering the same fate as the prowler. Do you want automotive history to go back and say something to the extent of that Dodge tried become amperica's sports car but over time proved to be no match to the vette??? I sure as hell don't. I don't want this car to have a 15 year lifecylce and then be long and forgotten and us Mopar fans only have a 4 door version of the Dodge magnum to get crazy over.

People say that the pole over at C&D isn't accurate because they produce more vettes, I really dispute that, put it up against the Ford GT and it will lose put it up against the mustang GT and it will win. The people voting on that pole aren't going on what they can afford or what they drive, it's what they prefer and face it.. the Viper isn't it, and it's all because DC is fumbling around with a poor offering and the public can see that. They have completely lost direction and I am really worried that this is the last generation we are going to see of this car.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know my posts must frustrate you, I'd be in a bad mood too if I had more SRT-10's on the lot than neons. The SS strikes again!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

When I meet up with a new ZO6 and it hands me my ass I will be sure to remind the owner that my car is more exclusive than his. Perhaps you SRT guys should adopt this form of superiority too since performance is no longer one of them. Either that or some Olin Mott tires at the least.