Want to Put together a ext. Warranty Group buy?

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone,
With the help of a couple of members, we managed to put together a GREAT deal here. This is by FAR the best price I have come up with. This seems to be a Great deal. To answer some questions:
He can sell a warranty on ANY Viper up to 8 years old that DC will honor. This includes cars with extended warranties, cars under the original 3/36 and cars out of warranty. There are some mileage restrictions, but most Vipers will not have to worry about this. So here is the deal (Much better than before).

This deal is generalized, so you will have to call Mike Robbins at Ringgold Chrysler Dodge Jeep for more details (he needs your VIN etc)

His number is

877-755-1751

All Plans Quoted Below are for a $100 deductible.

For Newer cars still under the 3/36:

Damlier Chrysler MaxCare 7 Year/50,000 Mile Plan:
$1175.00!!!
Add $100 of your car is over 1 year old
Add $200 if your car is over 2 years old

For older cars the following deal was extended:

the 3/36 100 ded added care is 1850.00
the 4/48 100 ded added care is 2250.00
Please call Mike with your year make and model for possible surcharges.

Leaf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was previously stated that to get a warranty, your Viper had to be under 8 years old. Is there any exceptions to this? I have a '93 with only 3,800 miles on it.

-Leaf

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I called Mike and got the 4/48... now I'm hoping that I'll
never need to use it... ;-)

He told me it is a DC product and is in fact transferable if and
when I sell the car.

Just a little more insurance.

So does anybody know how long Dodge will keep parts around for
warrantee work now that this is the last year of production???

OP
OP
T

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the risk of a blatant plug, I suggest we all check with Chuck Tator (Viper Wizard) at Tator's Dodge, to see if he can come close to the prices that Smokin has obtained (which is great work by the way!).

Chuck is a Viper Tech who is very generous with his time to Viper owners, so I would buy from him even if he was a little higher than dealer X...

Just my .02

Tomer
96 RT

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, Just to let everybody know who Mike is at Ringgold Dodge...I'm sure tomer wasn't targeting him on purpose (dealer x).Mike has personally owned 4 or 5 Vipers, normally has or can get a Viper to meet someones needs, (has a 00 and 01 in stock now and a red/silver last gts whatever they are on the way) I think he has been a VCA member since the early days and I'm pretty sure he still is, He has been to Indy, Monterey, Orlando VOI's and has been to many of the factory Viper schools. Has had several of the fastest street legal mopars in the country...
8.00's 1/4 mile 10.5" tires. I should also mention he is one of my best friends and he is to be held soley responsible for converting a die hard chevy guy over to the COOLEST car in the world. Of course nothing is wrong with patronizing a dealer that has taken care of you and your Viper. tnx, Tony

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Mike Robbins at Ringgold Chr/ Dodge/jeep and ask him these questions. He is the owner/ gen. mgr so you are dealing with the man. 706-935-2328 I think smokinv10 posted the toll free number in an above post

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike at Ringgold Dodge has sold 8 or 9 extended warrantees. I talked with him yesterday for someone and he said the $100 over cost is still good. Give him a call with your info and he will be glad to give you a price.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just called mike and got my ACR extended on the 7/50 plan. $1375 was the total, as above.

Thanks SO much for putting this deal together... I LOVE THIS BOARD!

I had a friend quoted $3000 for the same warranty recently.

Mark F

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper was way out of warranty but still eligible for an extended warranty from D-C. Here's a post I did to the VCA in May 2001 which may be helpful. Mark F
-----------------------------------------

Mark F

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper was way out of warranty but still eligible for an extended warranty from D-C. Here's a post I did to the VCA in May 2001 which may be helpful. Mark F
-----------------------------------------

bcrl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinV10:
I have read several posts about how it isnt possible to extend an extended warranty and how you cant extend the warranty if the car is already out of warranty (something about the Moss-Magnusen act??). Well, I have done some calling to get pricing and see who would be willing to extend a very good price if a group of us want to do a purchase together. I will check on extending the extended warranty as well. Any other owners with 99 and newer (still under the factory 3 year) that want to join in?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Our original factory warranty expires March 2003, but I would be interested in a group rate for the extended warranty--which I definitely intend to buy!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
read some of the other posts on this thread. The group buy has been set up already. MANY of us have already purchased one.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I do not mean to rain on the parade but I have serious doubts about the validity of a warranty on a car that is, in some cases, already eight years old. Think about it. If a car was built in 1994 and 7-year extended warranty is purchased, that would mean that Chrysler is insuring a car until it is 15 years old. Does'nt that sound a little to good to be true? One of the reasons that I sold my '94 RT/10 was that it was out of warranty. I even went so far as to attempt to purchase a DC warranty from Fitzgerald Dodge. After speaking with several reputible dealers I was told that these warranties are not always valid. Just be careful please.

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the question re a 94 is a good one. There are surcharges applicable for cars out of warranty. I do not know how far DC will go back. However if they accept the contract and a 94 is on the paperwork it would be difficult for them to complain later.

Another question is whether or not a dealer can sell a warranty on a used car they did not sell the car to the warranty customer. however I think this rule is one DC does not enforce.

I think most on the forum have had not had problems with warranty issues or we would hear more about them. My take for what it is worth is that when DC accepts the application and cashes the check the deal is made, unless the application is false.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">FYI:

I tried to extend my existing D/C extended warranty but was told that I had to wait until it was close to expiring (2004) before D/C would let me buy a second and final extension.</FONT f>

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my DC warranty approval notice, plan and card yesterday. Thanks Mike for the great price and service!

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post has got me thinking if I can extend my warranty on my 94 even further to protect me from the dreaded head gasket/arrow experience. I purchased a 4/48 added care from Latham Motors in late '99 for a sharp price of $1,150. My added care expires on 10/03. My in service date for my '94 is 8/94...soooo...I'm thinking if I can purchase another 4/48 before the 8 year in service date expires I could possibly get an additional 3 years of protection. Any thoughts, comments if this strategy would work?

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you've recently bought a 2002 and decide to get a Chrysler MaxCare extended warranty now, you should be able to get a slightly better price than those previously quoted on this thread.

Besides obviously being a new car, most are covered by the recent promotion of the, taking a deep breath now, "7 year/100,000 mile powertrain-only subject-to-a-$100-deductible-warranty" from Dodge, scheduled to expire 7/8/02 unless it gets extended still again
confused.gif
. As such, the MaxCare only needs to "wrap around" those things that are not covered by the 7yr/100k powertrain warranty and is therefore slightly less expensive, I am told. Thanks for the valuable freebie Dodge!
yesnod.gif

Of course everyone can whip out their calculators, perform the time value of money calculation and possibly wait for your basic factory warranty to expire in a few years before spending one cent and maybe use that money now for other mods today...of course, the MaxCare will undoubtedly cost more money in 3 years...and you'd feel real bad if you forgot to buy it then...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine