WARFANG Passed away a few months ago at 36

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about it and I do not think under the circumstances that Warfang would mind me sharing this PM thread with you. I think it captures who he was to many of us. He was special.

Thanks for the sharing Bob. Warfang knew my affections for Asian women and sent me a pic of my Viper being displayed on the Miss Asia website several years ago. I still get a laugh out of that.

Warfang :2tu: Miss ya buddy.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were thinking the exact same thing...

I dunno if you were hinting at this or not, so forgive me if I'm way off base with this idea. How bout the car as a future raffle car? This way, it'd be the classic Gen 2 bodystyle and less valuable than a 1-1 Gen 4, so taxes and ticket prices could be lower and someone could win a car they could actually drive without guilt or fear of hurting the future value. Call it the "Josh Lee Memorial Raffle"

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy with several thousand posts, and 57,000 miles on his Viper--you almost wish you could enshrine his car at CAAP as a tribute to him and "the Viper enthusiast."

Barring that, I would suggest everyone take their snake out for a ride in his memory. God bless him and his family.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;I dunno if you were hinting at this or not, so forgive me if I'm way off base with this idea. How bout the car as a future raffle car? This way, it'd be the classic Gen 2 bodystyle and less valuable than a 1-1 Gen 4, so taxes and ticket prices could be lower and someone could win a car they could actually drive without guilt or fear of hurting the future value. Call it the "Josh Martin Memorial Raffle"

i like the idea. count me in on this one. :2tu:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope the big guy upstairs spec'd Warfang out one kick ass Viper to cruise the clouds with. 36 happens to be the same number for me, so it really makes me think. However, very sad news and my condolences to the family.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I dunno if you were hinting at this or not, so forgive me if I'm
way off base with this idea. How bout the car as a future
raffle car?

Lee and I were discussing this yesterday at the Crab Feast
(though admittedly not about this specific car.) I think a far
more noble idea is to start a paypal investment fund, collect
the $30,000 asking price for the car. Buy it. Then donate the
car to the VCA for a club raffle. Win-Win for everyone - his
wife gets the funding she needs, the car gets a home to
someone who will love it, and Josh helps support his favorite
car club the only way left he can. Sadly I think getting around
the gaming laws would be too much to handle on this.
Another idea - maybe we could all chip in and buy the car for
Chuck - of all the people here to get his car I really doubt
Warfang would object.

This is one of the truly horrible things about the internet. We
all form friendships and bonds with avatar versions of our real
selves because its easier to imagine we're all sitting in a big
forum instead of living across the planet. Then when
something happens to the real person, no one notices because
nobody knows who they really are. Makes me wonder if
there are any other friends who we all thought just found
something more interesting.

That being said, I did not know Josh Lee, never met him, and
until today never even knew he existed. But I did
know Warfang. He was one of the few people here who I
butted heads with on a regular basis and still managed to
hold a great deal of respect. He was intelligent, sly, and had a
humorous wit that was his own - a great contributor to the
forums and the club. I remember years ago I ran into some
job difficulties and came really, really close to losing
everything. One late night I was cruising here on chat and me
and him ended up having a long txt conversation about work
- he thought I should quit my job and go on my own like he
did. Said it was the best move of his life. The only reason I
remember this conversation was because I couldn't help but
think that had we met in the real world we could have been
great friends.

Warfang, fallen viper brethren, I am so sorry I did not know
that you had passed on. Whomever your God is, I am
sure that he taken you to your paradise where you can now
rest in peace... or can give them hell like usual, whichever
works best for you. You will be missed.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad to hear of his passing.....I usually agreed with his point of view and 36????? OMG way, way too young. My condolences to his family.

Mark

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting on the raffle idea, as the lovely Venomiss and I were discussing that very possibility last night. The club could buy it and have a standalone "memorial" raffle or even add it as the second prize in one of our remaining raffles. Works on paper but here is the one challenge I think we face:

There is absolutely zero guarantee of who would win the car and what they would do with it. In my very humble personal opinion, it would be a shame to see somebody who doesn't know a thing about Warfang win the car and then strip it for parts, paint it purple, add spinner hubcaps (don't laugh - it has been done before), or just let it sit in a shed out back for the next ten years. Of course you have no guarantee against that even when selling it outright, but at least you can "screen" your buyers a bit more. Remember that the gentleman who just won the SSG ACR raffle has no internet or personal PC (true!), so he wouldn't have a clue who Warfang was.

We are helping Lily sell the car and will do everything possible to see that it ends up in a good home. As it will be advertised here first, we are hoping it goes to a deserving home that will honor it as Josh did. As viperdrummer pointed out, Josh represented Viper owners very well through his consistent posting and love for his Viper. Hopefully we can honor him accordingly.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok then, how about a closed raffle? $300 a ticket offered only to those with x-number of VCA posts. We should be able to get 100 people to kick in $300 each. And if I win it I promise the car will remain entirely within Warfang standards.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok then, how about a closed raffle? $300 a ticket offered only to those with x-number of VCA posts. We should be able to get 100 people to kick in $300 each. And if I win it I promise the car will remain entirely within Warfang standards.

Count me in.

If the car stays in Cali the plates could even be kept in place...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this - way too young. I had some controverse discussions with him and would like to learn what happened. Very sad news.

Raffle? For him, his car and the VCA? Yes.
Count me in whatever the VCA bosses want to do...my sincere condolences to his family! :usa: :usa: :usa:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting on the raffle idea, as the lovely Venomiss and I were discussing that very possibility last night. The club could buy it and have a standalone "memorial" raffle or even add it as the second prize in one of our remaining raffles. Works on paper but here is the one challenge I think we face:

There is absolutely zero guarantee of who would win the car and what they would do with it. In my very humble personal opinion, it would be a shame to see somebody who doesn't know a thing about Warfang win the car and then strip it for parts, paint it purple, add spinner hubcaps (don't laugh - it has been done before), or just let it sit in a shed out back for the next ten years. Of course you have no guarantee against that even when selling it outright, but at least you can "screen" your buyers a bit more. Remember that the gentleman who just won the SSG ACR raffle has no internet or personal PC (true!), so he wouldn't have a clue who Warfang was.

We are helping Lily sell the car and will do everything possible to see that it ends up in a good home. As it will be advertised here first, we are hoping it goes to a deserving home that will honor it as Josh did. As viperdrummer pointed out, Josh represented Viper owners very well through his consistent posting and love for his Viper. Hopefully we can honor him accordingly.

I don't think I would be worried about someone not knowing the background of Warfang, the winner can be educated, giving a detailed class of the person who had previously owned the car and the standards he would have to live up to. :2tu:

Also, I think if we did do the raffle, with the VCA in charge, we could possible make more money for Josh's family than the original $30K. I will put in $500 myself, today if need be. :usa: :usa:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow - RIP Josh - you were a true Viper owner who "got it" - and who lived your Viper life to the fullest.

This is REALLY terrible - tragic, so young - you just never think something like this can happen.

At least we know in Heaven - he'll keep the paddle shifters away from the Viper.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too will miss Warfang's commentary. 36 is far too young to leave this life. 'fang was one of the first to offer welcome to me here...in a rather late night exchange as I recall.

RIP

Last edited:

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, That knocked the wind out of me to read this thread! RIP Warfang.
We never had any exchanges directly on the forum, but his display name is iconic.
He'd probably be happy to know that he influenced me very much before buying my second car. I wrecked my first Viper with youth and stupidity and I thought seriously about getting TC installed on my second car. I read hundreds of posts here about racelogic - many of them Warfang's eloquent and unequivocal writing. I decided to put the money into racing school instead and I'm really glad that I did. I've put 10,000 computer-free miles on my '06 since last June and I appreciate my own feet more than ever.

Thank you Warfang - I know you loved the Viper for everything it is, and you helped others do the same!

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the sharing Bob. Warfang knew my affections for Asian women and sent me a pic of my Viper being displayed on the Miss Asia website several years ago. I still get a laugh out of that.

Warfang :2tu: Miss ya buddy.

Who DOESN'T know about your affections for Asian women? :rolaugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets