Warranty expires this month. last chance...

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranty expires at end of the month. '94RT/10. I understand no more dealer warranties are issued at this cars age. 18K miles on car.

I'm bringing in the car to have the dealer check it out. Hood springs sag, hood doesn't always stay up. Covered? A/C doesn't blow cold anyway. If it's the compressor, that may be covered under warranty.

Head gaskets were replaced 2 years ago. Anything else someone's had covered under warranty that isn't obvious. I'm sure they won't search too hard to uncover potential problems.

Thanks for any input.

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to check into the warranty, I also have a 94 and just renewed mine for another 4 years. I got my warranty from Rinngold Dodge in GA. Worth calling if you are planning on keeping the car.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IF your Viper does not start quite as quickly as in past, check fuel pump for leak-down as this was a fairly common problem on late Gen I's.

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Bad Snake, I was curious, do you know the original in service date or build date for your car? It was my understanding that the last date to renew added care warranty's for 94's was 12/31/02. Mine expires October 15th this year. Or does anyone know the criteria used for added care renewals.

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't remember the in service date, it is my understanding that you can only purchase one added care warranty, since my car was covered with a maximum extended warranty from the day it was purchased from the dealer, this was the first one I had to buy. The only date criteria was that my existing warranty had not expired and the car was less than 10 years old. I would definately call Rinngold or Chuck tator they will give you the exact info you need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4