Washington State VCA - Help Me Decide?

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone,

As I mentioned in a previous thread I'm looking to buy a 96/97 B&W GTS. However, the fly in the ointment is that I see 2003/04 SRT/10s for roughly the same price. Having driven an SRT/10 I know it's a fun car. I've never driven a GTS. But, it has been a long time since I saw a GTS in person.

I do not have posting privs in the Washington VCA forum, so this is a call for help from a Seattle-Area VCA member. I would love to simply SEE your car, and maybe even sit in it. I haven't seen a GTS in a while, so this would help me make my freaking mind up.

Any help would be appreciated. I've emailed Scotty-T with the Washington State VCA, but no response yet. Help from ANYONE would be appreciated, VCA or not. I don't bite.

Thanks in advance.

-Nathan

V

Venomiss

Everyone,

As I mentioned in a previous thread I'm looking to buy a 96/97 B&W GTS. However, the fly in the ointment is that I see 2003/04 SRT/10s for roughly the same price. Having driven an SRT/10 I know it's a fun car. I've never driven a GTS. But, it has been a long time since I saw a GTS in person.

I do not have posting privs in the Washington VCA forum, so this is a call for help from a Seattle-Area VCA member. I would love to simply SEE your car, and maybe even sit in it. I haven't seen a GTS in a while, so this would help me make my freaking mind up.

Any help would be appreciated. I've emailed Scotty-T with the Washington State VCA, but no response yet. Help from ANYONE would be appreciated, VCA or not. I don't bite.

Thanks in advance.

-Nathan

Sometimes people don't always get their e-mails-have you tried calling or contacting others from that website? I'll send you a PM.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Nathan in your Viper search. The GTS is a VERY different car than the SRT...more raw, yet the design is MUCH more muscular. Hope you find people that can help you out so you can make your decision...this is a GREAT place to ask your questions, do searches and find out info. Welcome. ~juli

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Mount Vernon, most of our cars dont make it out very often this time of year.
I am sure that anybody in the club that has a GTS would be willing to show you their car and go over the pros and cons of a GTS verse an SRT.
If you happen to make it up to my area I would love to show you my car and give you some info.

Here is a link to the Washington page VCA Home
There is an event schedule on there if you want to catch up with the club.

cabinetman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ride in the 03/04 SRT is going to be a little nicer BUT.
........In my opinion theres nothing sharper than a Gen II GTS....And oh yea.... Their fast too.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start with the Gen II. You'll have plenty of time to get a GenIII in the future. IMO

Nothing beats the Shock & Awh (sic) of a GTS

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are willing to drive down-state WA, you can sit in all Generations at PartsRack, including a B/W GTS and a B/W SRT-C, and a Yellow RT/10. Maybe even go for a 'spin'

There a few guys in WA who had their first-sit in my Vipers, that now one one! It can be addicting.

-If you come to PIR-Portland on 3/15 Doris or I will even give you a Viper Pace Car ride.....

-You can sign up for PIR SRT Ride N Drive March 9, (edit) still has a few open that date only.

-NayKid Racing has a SRT clinic March 7..... Im instructing, and can give you a ride.

No Excuses.............
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Park Place Motors in Bellevue. Closest dealer to Seattle that I know of with (usually) a decent selection of Vipers to compare and help narrow your search.

OP
OP
T

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C-Note, thanks for the reply and the offer. I'm sure we'll meet up at something this summer. Hopefully some car shows at least. I attended one of the *** Rootbeer driveins last year and that was quite a show.

I live in Mount Vernon, most of our cars dont make it out very often this time of year.
I am sure that anybody in the club that has a GTS would be willing to show you their car and go over the pros and cons of a GTS verse an SRT.
If you happen to make it up to my area I would love to show you my car and give you some info.

Here is a link to the Washington page VCA Home
There is an event schedule on there if you want to catch up with the club.

JonB, thanks too. I'm checking out the SRT Experience at PIR next month. I'll decide tomorrow. I believe the Washington State VCA is going on the 9th. The SRT Experience says the 8th and 9th, not the 10th(which is a Monday). I'll check it out.

Thanks to everyone else, too. Also, thanks to Mr. Twyford for replying in a lengthy and helpful email.

If you are willing to drive down-state WA, you can sit in all Generations at PartsRack, including a B/W GTS and a B/W SRT-C, and a Yellow RT/10. Maybe even go for a 'spin'

There a few guys in WA who had their first-sit in my Vipers, that now one one! It can be addicting.

-If you come to PIR-Portland on 3/15 Doris or I will even give you a Viper Pace Car ride.....

-You can sign up for PIR SRT Ride N Drive March 10, still has a few open that date only.

-NayKid Racing has a SRT clinic March 7..... Im instructing, and can give you a ride.

No Excuses.............

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To me the main differences betweent the GTS and SRT10 are obvious.

GTS is a hardtop and NO leaks, ever. Very quiet when cruising (exhaust exits at rear, not the side) even with loud exhaust. Stereo has subwoofers in back, not beside your shoulder. Actually has 12 cubic feet of cargo space and no roof in the trunk. More aerodynamic. Higher resale value. Higher roof(?).

SRT10, get rid of runcrap tires. Open or closed roof. Noisy and 'wind in your hair. Bigger brakes. Newer design, slightly more comfortable (better seats).

I use my Viper for trips (everywhere is more than 200mi. from where I live) so I bought a Viper GTS. Suitcases, spare parts, carshow signs and cleaning materials all fit into trunk and hatchback with room to spare.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang