Water / Methanol injection for naturally aspirated. It works great....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We've been running Water / methanol most of this year with very good success. About mid year I introduced it on the naturally aspirated RAM SRT-10's. On a Ram SRT-10, we can pick up about 2.5 to 3 MPH in the 1/4 mile speed.
The key is using the VEC2 to adjust the fuel and timing accordingly, in addition to activating and regulating the W/M pump. You can add a LOT more timing advance with W/M on a naturally aspirated motor.
There is one unusual part. Though you get it all tuned on the dyno and achieve a perfect air / fuel ratio and torque curve, the dyno (Dynojet brand) doesn't really show the true gains. However, you see them on the track and feel the gain as the car (or truck) pulls a lot harder.
So, if you have a VEC2 and want more power without having to add NOS or forced induction, you have a new option.
WM seems to work on everything as long as it's tuned right.
Tuning is key and going to a dyno (or at least having a wideband oxygen sensor) is recommended.

Regards,
Sean

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Have you considered that having the water/**** keeps you from detonating at the track from too much timing? Which would result it higher mph? Maybe the dyno is not enough load/heat to make it happen?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question. I know absolutely nothing about water/****. But can you put it on a 99 RT/10 that already has nitrous? I already have the VEC 2. If so what gains would i get out of it? Thanks

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have you considered that having the water/**** keeps you from detonating at the track from too much timing? Which would result it higher mph? Maybe the dyno is not enough load/heat to make it happen?

Hi Russ,
Seems like a reasonable conclusion to me. One the end of a dyno pull, you can feel the intake is cooler, but not cold. After doing a runway test going through third gear, the intake is cold to the touch.

W/M can be used with NOS also. The performance benefit is a denser air charge and the ability to increase timing advance. We've done two or three blower cars with WM and NOS on at the same time. Works well.
The side benefits to W/M injection include keeping the pistons cooler (maintains better integrity in the cast aluminum pistons) and a cleaner combustion chamber.

Here's a link to Snow's website and their FAQ page:
http://www.snowperformance.net/faq.asp
We use the components from them, but add a second nozzle, complete wiring harness for the Viper and a larger reservoir and mounting kit, for a little less money than their generic kit.

It really does work well.

Regards,
Sean

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought W/M from Sean about 2 1/2 months ago for my N/A car but have yet to have it installed. Can't wait tho