water under neath the drivers seat (***!!!!)

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hears my story just bought my 2000 vipergts the first time I washed it I was cleaning underneath the drivers seat and noticed it was wet with water. It wasnt bad just damp. I just figured maybe I didnt roll up my window all the way or didnt close the door tight. So i washed it again today making sure the windows are up and the doors are tight. I washed the car and opeded the door and felt underneath the dirvers seat and it was wet again. I have checked the door seal and it look fine, I took a piece of paper and closed it between the door and the paper didnt come out. so that tells me all the seals are good. What do you guys think it might be? Thanks Venom1 2000gts

egokilr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hears my story just bought my 2000 vipergts the first time I washed it I was cleaning underneath the drivers seat and noticed it was wet with water. It wasnt bad just damp. I just figured maybe I didnt roll up my window all the way or didnt close the door tight. So i washed it again today making sure the windows are up and the doors are tight. I washed the car and opeded the door and felt underneath the dirvers seat and it was wet again. I have checked the door seal and it look fine, I took a piece of paper and closed it between the door and the paper didnt come out. so that tells me all the seals are good. What do you guys think it might be? Thanks Venom1 2000gts

** hatch seal issues at all? Although I would think this would be fairly noticable.

OP
OP
V

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
checked hatch seal and it looks brand new, car only has 4900 miles

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you wash the right side of the car, keep your thumb pointed up when holding the hose. On the left side of the car, thumb down.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I wash my car I put tape on the outside window seal on the top of each door as I found that the driver's side would allow water to get in and then would drip onto the sill forever and leave water spots - but I cannot picture that problem ever leading to what you are describing. Some days, when I'm tired etc, I feel like I am driving a kit car and get sad. BTW, next project is getting the hood in better alignment - oh joy.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most cars have a drain plug under the floor pan. I'm not sure about the Viper. Maybe yours fell off. My Supra used to have one and I used it when it got flooded out in a storm. Let us know what you find.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New owner.Are you sure you didn't pisx your pants with either laughter or fear?JUST KIDDING!Now you've got me checking under the seats too!Have someone sit inside, watch and feel around while you blast away with a garden hose.Guarante you will find that leak. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
V

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the input, I will post when I find out anything, I have already waxed the car. So on the next wash I will post what I find out. Venon1 2000gts