Website Analysis

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did an interesting analysis of this website and another one. Results (while they can vary) indicate that website traffic has gone up here 74 percent. The other website has lost approximately 24 percent on a month to month basis.

2013GeeTeeS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure in the short term much of the chatter over there is related to how those that won't pay don't deserve their knowledge, are just sore it's not free.....etc. Once that dies out it will drop more.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did an interesting analysis of this website and another one. Results (while they can vary) indicate that website traffic has gone up here 74 percent. The other website has lost approximately 24 percent on a month to month basis.
When I look at the *** forums, I just counted 206 posts in ALL threads. That is in a 6-8 week time period? I would think traffic is down a whole lot more.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This place needs some good technical content. I think I'm going to start porting stuff over from the old site, but organize it a little better. Interfacing with a static database is no way to preserve historical knowledge.

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Nice to hear. Thanks for looking at that.

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This place needs some good technical content. I think I'm going to start porting stuff over from the old site, but organize it a little better. Interfacing with a static database is no way to preserve historical knowledge.

That would be awesome!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be awesome!
Work is already underway…pretty much everything will end up in the SRT10 (Gen 3/4) section, so I apologize in advance if it looks like I’m clogging up the place. It’ll certainly take me some time, but I just want this stuff preserved, easily searchable, and readily accessible to all Viper owners past, present, and future.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This place had a great DIY section. Where did it go?
Technically I don't think it ever went anywhere, it was just links to different threads that sometimes would break. Nothing you couldn't find with a search fairly easily, but the section did make it a little easier as you could think of it as "common search terms" in one list.

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, and i did not realize VCA had a donate capability. Don't know why, should have thought about it. Our Prowler site does as does our SSR Fanatic site. So where do you donate here and what does it go to? I belong to a number of other sites and donations help a bunch. The value of these sites is, well, invaluable. I'm not on here as much as I should be but when I am it is always helpful. Let me know where the links are to donate.

Thanks,

John

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting, and i did not realize VCA had a donate capability. Don't know why, should have thought about it. Our Prowler site does as does our SSR Fanatic site. So where do you donate here and what does it go to? I belong to a number of other sites and donations help a bunch. The value of these sites is, well, invaluable. I'm not on here as much as I should be but when I am it is always helpful. Let me know where the links are to donate.

Thanks,

John

Are you a mod on those sites?

Last edited:

ninetyfive

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
As a new owner, the forums have been a ton of help. It would be awesome if all this knowledge, symptoms, potential failures, part numbers existed as a searchable graph structure. Like, you could search by symptom and it would lead you down a rabbit hole of parts, facts, instructions, etc.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Huh... so a group of troublemakers purposely tank
one club because its "too expensive" and has "too many
rules," then they go out and form their own club, and
suddenly theyre having serious money issues and no
one wants to go there anymore?

Makes me wonder where theyd be if they actually paid
for that site...

Still i'll try to schedule to shed a tear sometime
tomorrow if i can find a minute...

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mismanagement and a skewed sense of what constitutes value seem to be the recurring themes. Some of their behavior is rooted in their decision to set the whole thing up as a non-profit. It's a needlessly complicated story for what's supposed to be a car club IMO, but there are clearly some that still support it. It is unclear how many continue to do so because they don't understand what's going on behind the scenes...they promised transparency, and have been anything but.

It also doesn't help that their #1 membership benefit (and by far the club's largest expense) is their "award winning" magazine. It's not surprising that the magazine shares the same qualities as their website...pretty to look at, but nothing under the hood.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also doesn't help that their #1 membership benefit (and by far the club's largest expense) is their "award winning" magazine. It's not surprising that the magazine shares the same qualities as their website...pretty to look at, but nothing under the hood.
Club's #1 benefit for me have always been the very active public forums, the VCA's first when I was doing research to buy a Viper TA in 2013, and then also on the other one that started in 2014. That's really the benefit I chose to support for years with my paid membership. Many like yourself have contributed extensive technical knowledge for public forum use, and I couldn't support the loss of public access to that knowledge, which I fear will have grave consequences when the Viper Community most needs to pull together.

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Huh... so a group of troublemakers purposely tank
one club because its "too expensive" and has "too many
rules," then they go out and form their own club, and
suddenly theyre having serious money issues and no
one wants to go there anymore?

Makes me wonder where theyd be if they actually paid
for that site...

Still i'll try to schedule to shed a tear sometime
tomorrow if i can find a minute...

:rolaugh:

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club's #1 benefit for me have always been the very active public forums, ... Many like yourself have contributed extensive technical knowledge for public forum use, and I couldn't support the loss of public access to that knowledge, which I fear will have grave consequences when the Viper Community most needs to pull together.
These are exactly the sentiments that were repeated numerous times before a small group of Elites made that fateful decision on behalf of everyone - paid, or not. A lot of us were providing significant technical content to that site because it was broadly popular. They seem to believe that they will trump over VCA, VA, FB and YouTube. The Elites' tunnel vision may be their undoing.

Last edited:

ninetyfive

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
man, somebody should make a documentary of this history (which I know nothing of) where everyone meets in the alley to sort it out.

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you a mod on those sites?
Dont understand that comment. Apologize, I simply never knew this was here. https://viperclubamerica.org/product-category/membership/

I'll post in another area. This is the only Viper site I have ever been on. It's been a "less traveled " site for me (belong to Prowler and SSR Fanatics, may Join Pontiac Solstice) and I contribute to those as the value of the technical experience and the benefit of interacting with people who know and love these cars is, in my opinion, priceless.

Thanks,

John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21