Weird discovery on my Viper...

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever noticed a cartoon seal (the animal), with a hat on, to the left of the license plate on their car? I have a 97 GTS and noticed this a few weeks ago. Its just a raised "emblem" if you will, of a seal with a hat on. What is the meaning of this?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know the stripes were added on for sure. Thats all I know.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went out and looked and I don't have this on mine, unless I didn't look in the right spot

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a piece of toast this AM that was burnt and looked like Jesus..

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It probably had a vinyl decal on it, and at some point someone buffed over that area. The paint under the decal was protected so it didn't get worn away. The back of the GTS is notorious for getting instantly dirty with road grime too, it could just be years of wiping off dirt that wore the paint away around the decal.

Either that, or your car is special and that's the Seal of Approval :D

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It probably had a vinyl decal on it, and at some point someone buffed over that area. The paint under the decal was protected so it didn't get worn away. The back of the GTS is notorious for getting instantly dirty with road grime too, it could just be years of wiping off dirt that wore the paint away around the decal.

Either that, or your car is special and that's the Seal of Approval :D

Thats possible. And yes, the rear does get dirty every time I take it out.

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird.... I have that exact same thing on my red 97 GTS, except instead of a seal, it's a cartoon alien!

I just bought my '97, and I figured someone had a decal on it at some point and it ate some of the clearcoat.

I tried to get a picture of mine but my camera couldn't pic it up. Looks just like yours though and to the left of the license plate.

Looks kinda like this (slightly different alien but you get the idea):

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456