Well...I finally turned up the boost to 12lbs on my Roe Sc'er

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...I finally turned up the boost to 12lbs on my Roe Sc\'er

I think I have gone where no one has gone before...12psi on a Roe Blower. Now that sean has his intercooler I am sure someone else will be right behind me but for now I think I am the only one. The reason I was able to do this is because of a water/methanol system I have installed which has dropped my air intake temps dramatically. I have only driven my car a few times with the new pulley with no issues. Let me say that the air intake temp when driving around with my 8.5lb pulley was around 150-160 degrees and now it is between 180-200 degrees. I also had to increase the amount of water/methanol I am injecting to compensate for the increase in hp and temps.

I have not been to the dyno but I am running really rich, 10.5:1, so I have a little more tuning to do before I go to the dyno. SOTP is very impressive but I am not sure I picked up alot of peak hp but I do think I picked up substantial tq and hp in the lower rpms. When I returned from texas my car felt slow and now it feels like it did when I was in texas.

I did not change my timing when I increased my boost. I kept it the same so I should pick up some decent power. FYI, I have lower compression heads and 7.7 degrees advance in the midrange with no audible detonation. I do think there is more power on the table but I don't want to push the envelope anymore than I already have.

I did all of this in preparation for the vegas event. I am hoping to hit at least 145mph there in the quarter. We shall see. My new goals are a 9 second pass and the second blower car to hit 150 mph in the quarter (No wing installed)

BTW, I don't think there is but maybe another 1psi additional boost that I could possible run. There is not enough material on the pulley to turn it down more.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Well...I finally turned up the boost to 12lbs on my Roe Sc\'er

What percentage of **** to water are you using? 50/50 mix? What size nozzle are you using when you spray and what lbs of boost are you injecting at?

Sorry for all the questions, I know that water **** can work wonders!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats UtahViper, thanks for the post on your set up, please keep up posted, very excited to see what time you'll run, I'll be hoping for in the 9's for you at 150 +.

Adam, I have an Aquamist WI set up on mine, all's adjustable, but have it set to come on at > 3 psi and is mapped to the fuel flow read off an injector. I have installed 4 x 0.5mm jets, and if this isn't enough, will move up jet sizes. (hope that helps!) Must get around to posting some pics! (Still fitting things, mine has not run yet, not the time of year yet over here anyway!)

I too would be interested to know Utah, how much water and how much methanol you are using, are you using the **** to help as a fuel also, or small volumes only as a intake coolant? Thanks. Best wishes with it all.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I currently use a 60/40 mix and spray quit a bit of it. I don't want to give away the farm because I am going to sell these systems in the very near future(summer). The system is activated at 2 lbs of boost and is then run off the duty cycle of the injector(sequential).

I do use the methanol as a fuel and so it serves two purposes. The beauty of this system is that you will not have to buy an intercooler or a fuel system because this does both.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you running 93 fuel?

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am running 91 octane. The methanol is about 110 octane but it is only 60% of the total amount injector externally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang