Well I wrecked my 06 coupe, so far they say it is repairable and I am pricing parts!

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving behind a car and they swerved from middle lane to left lane to dodge a 2x4 in the road and I took too long to decide to swerve or run it over. I swerved and spun out and clipped a telephone pole which knocked my front end off.

I am not looking for parts. I would like to replace it with a gen 4 hood which I've found to cost about $3,477.70 after you after you buy the hood/insulation/vent covers and such from The Viper Store. Shipping alone is $509.80.

Found the Driver side headlight assembly for $809.50 at The Viper Store.

Just searched a bit for the bumper but did not find one for sale on ebay or any of the viper stores like partsrack and such.
Any other good stores to find these parts at?
I am not even sure if they will require me to find these parts and the insurance company will do it on their own yet, I was just having a quick look though because they quoted about $11,000 for repairs and I think that is a bit off!

Geico Initial Estimate:
You must be registered for see images attach

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Well I wrecked my 06 coupe, so far they say it is repairable and I am pricing par

Man that's ***** good luck in the repairs nice color combo !!!!

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Re: Well I wrecked my 06 coupe, so far they say it is repairable and I am pricing par

Ouch....

Happy your OK

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Might want to make a call to Jon B at Parts Rack. He has been super helpful in sourcing reasonably priced parts and helping with insurance claims.

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea I talked to him briefly, I am waiting for the car to get towed to the collision center so they can then give their quote and will see if they are actually going to repair or total it.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

was it raining or had it rained ? How old are your tires ? If those are the ones that came on the car they are 10+ years old....

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No rain, tires are less than a year old, bought them June 2015. Just waited too long to decide to swerve, next time I am running it over.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Find a friendly body shop. Worst case scenario you could pay the difference for the upgraded hood. Just make sure you use an authorized GEICO Shop so that if any additional problems are found during repair process, it's easier to get additional funds. I am assuming you are claiming on your own insurance as faulting the vehicle that swerved would prove difficult. Hope all goes smoothly.

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Find a friendly body shop. Worst case scenario you could pay the difference for the upgraded hood. Just make sure you use an authorized GEICO Shop so that if any additional problems are found during repair process, it's easier to get additional funds. I am assuming you are claiming on your own insurance as faulting the vehicle that swerved would prove difficult. Hope all goes smoothly.

Yea it was a no fault incident due to debris in the road. Geico told me to choose the body shop so I chose Richeys Collision which was recommended by a few viper guys and hopefully they do me well. All I can do is hope though hehe. They did say I could pay the difference in the hood though so I thought that was cool.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh lord! I hate when crap like that happens. Glad you are ok although I know your feelings are hurt. Hope all goes well with repairs and she's good as new and back on the road again soon.:drive:

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score

From the look of the car the damage is more extensive than my 04 had. My car only suffered a left side collision which ripped the front left portion of the bumper off which then bounced off the front wheel and down the left side of car. I drove it hope without issue other than the ABS light due to the module being damaged. Other parts included one front and one back wheel due to scratches at $900 and $1650, left fender, headlight and fog replaced, also front bumper cover.. Also had scratches down the left side so the left side needed painting and also right front fender for blending. Hood was ok. The bad news was all of the little internal fender supports, bits and pieces including frame pieces which are bonded to the actual frame. I am paying to paint the rear bumper and right lower side panel (rock chips). Make sure they replace any cracked or damaged carbon/composite bits.... there are quite a few of them and they are pricey. Basically my repairs are about $18K not counting the extra paint I am paying for. Hope you get yours back soon....mine happened before Christmas so I know exactly how the separation anxiety feels. Mine should be ready on Friday, sure hope its perfect.....

Tyrenith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im glad you're okay and yeah thats rough....must ****, hopefully she can be revived and hopefully the insurance covers as much as possible !

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

*****!
Fix it, and go on.

I wrecked mine back in 2008.

Total bummer experience....................completely my fault.

Some lessons have to be learned the hard way.

......You are lucky to have some help from insurance. I had to pay out of pocket to repair mine.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

If the frame has any issues it will likely change their tune , as Dodge is quite adamant about what they will authorize for repair , and often they will only send an entire frame. Demand factory parts and that should help!

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You are correct, at first they thought mine needed the whole frame $21,000.00 :omg: I told them the front composite frame supports are available separately and they basically are bonded to the frame. Steel frame was fine on mine, no damage at all. They researched and just got the composite bits and re-bonded them to the steel frame. The composite pieces all seemed to cost about $1K each. The BOAT acronym seems to apply to Vipers, BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand.....

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Looks like they might be missing parts. I would think the inner fender supports are damaged and would need to be glued in. Also it says 4 hours for frame repair. I would think you would want a new one?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Once it says frame damage the value is disasterous .......... that is when you want to press even harder for a total.

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well the repair shop is estimating 28k in repairs so far. They said the front part of the frame has shifted.

Insurance said 11k was 40% of the value so to me that means they are valuing the car at 27.5k which means if the repairs are 28k they are definitely going to total the car and if all they give me is 27k I am going to be a little upset.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't you let them get away with that. Cross check every Avenue. Check nada, Hagerty, etc :nono:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score

Tell them it's a 1 of 200 Viper

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

If you get another Viper, I would suggest getting an "Agreed Value" insurance policy. That way, if something bad happens, you will get what the car is actually worth. I've had Leland West on all of my Vipers, and except for the Gen 5 (which they classed as an Exotic), the cost was well within reason. I know hindsight's 20/20, just a suggestion for next time. Good luck

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is blue with silver stripes, not white so it is not 1 of 200, I know they look white hehe.
I tried to get an agreed value with Geico but they said they didn't do that when I asked about it.

It is a rebuilt title but I paid 40k for it after everything and I have never stopped watching and never seen a rebuilt title go below what I paid so to value it at 27k is a bit annoying, I was thinking maybe 30-33k.

Found this quote when I googled how to determine the value of a rebuilt title car.

"A salvaged, reconstructed or otherwise "clouded" title has a permanent negative effect on the value of a vehicle. The industry rule of thumb is to deduct 20% to 40% of the Blue Book value, but salvage title vehicles really should be privately appraised on a case-by-case basis in order to determine their market value."

So it looks like they value a 2006 Viper Coupe at 45k and they took 40% of that value and that is where they came up with 27k.

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who knows if the frame was already tweaked from the prior damage?? 99% of the salvage title vipers have frame damage. Most salvage vipers on the resale market have frames that have been straightened vs. the correct method or replacing the frame section.

Good luck and hope you get more for your car than you calculated. Reach out to Jon B at parts rack, he's helped a number of folk with totaled claims

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea once they give me their actual value then I'll probably give Job B a call and see if he thinks it is accurate. I know he told me previously it would be low low 30's for a rebuilt title which would be fine with me, I just didn't think it would be 27k.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score

So it's a 1 of 158, sorry, your stripes do look white, my bad

Damn I wish this was working out better

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So I just added up everything I paid for this car, 40,377.66 to buy it and transport it to my house and get title and license and what not.
then 6,268.90 to change all of the fluids, any tools i bought for it like a floor jack and then tires + shifter + shifter knob and getting the wheels repolished and purchasing 1 used wheel so I am $46,646.56 into the car so if they give me 27k I pretty much just paid 20k to own my dream car for 1 year :(

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Good luck and hope you get more for your car than you calculated. Reach out to Jon B at parts rack, he's helped a number of folk with totaled claims

The best advice for sure right there. Jon knows his Viper stuff.

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You may want to get a second opinion. There is a big difference between the bonded composite parts that hold the fenders, etc. on and actual damage to the steel frame......about a $21,000 difference.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

So it's a 1 of 158, sorry, your stripes do look white, my bad

Damn I wish this was working out better

LOL. I didn't know they built more 1st Editions then the GTS Blue w/Silver Stripes cars. So much for the rarity of my 1st Viper.

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well they updated the quote for repairs to be $21,254.41 and Geico is going to pay to repair the car so that's at least some good news.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper