Well that's it for Captree

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was planning to brave the Cross Bronx and meet up with you guys next year at Captree. My dad used to take me fishing there when I was a little kid. I could probably just throw one of those giant zip ties around the back of my JonB bracket and see just how much of a Dick the cop wants to be and then just snip it when I get back to jersey.

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The good news is that there must not be very much crime in that area if the police can waste their time on front plates. I could see getting the front plate charge if they have already stopped you for something else.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
give those type of cops a break, they where picked on as a child

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at the posts on the Vette site and...

Is that right ?

My feelings exactly.
I've been going there for the past 5 or 6 years, and here's my take on the situation. On a nice day, there can be upwards of 300 cars there; a small percentage of those cars are driven by idiots. Some examples I have seen or know of: a Chevy-powered Mazda accelerates suddenly and ends up driving off the dock, a mid-year 'Vette and a Viper collide after losing traction on the metal grates of a drawbridge, a Z-06 and a Lambo pass on either side of me doing well into triple digits( then make a u-turn and do it again in the opposite direction).
I'm sure there are many, many complaints called in about such nonsense. The powers-that-be instruct their officers to make it stop. This is how they're doing it. A small number of knuckleheads have ruined it for everyone. I'm sure the restaurant located there doesn't want all those customers to go away, either.
A good reason why Long Island needs a dragstrip- but that's another thread.
SouthBaySurfer is offline Reply With Quote

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that actually did happen a couple of years ago.
This is also the area where the guy in the Ford GT put up the infamous 205 MPH You-Tube video and that got a lot of heat brought down on the area.
It's patrolled by state troopers who seem to have the BIGGEST chips on their shoulder in all of law enforcement.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't they be spending more time finding the ****** bag that murdered the 10 people and dumped them in the woods a short distance away?????

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't they be spending more time finding the ****** bag that murdered the 10 people and dumped them in the woods a short distance away?????

No money in that Tom, not to mention the satisfaction of harrassing people with nice cars.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having grown up in NY and spent way too much time on the Island, I have had more than my share of encounters with the cops busting on my for my cars (mostly Vettes) ...from front plates to exhaust too loud to something cute hanging from my interior mirror.

However, there are some way bad accidents caused by irresponsible owners of fast cars and Vipers certainly have a reputation....just look at some of the incredibly stupid videos on YouTube....oh, Vettes are the same deal.

So, for me, prefer to stay out of NY and only occsionally will I brave it into upstate NY.

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I been going to Captree and the O.B.I. since I had my junior license early 70's, always a lot of cops. Now with the search going on big brother has a chip on there shoulder.:flush:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How 'secure' do they require? You can put the car in neutral, pull on the snap-on braketed plate evenly, and PULL the car forward with the bracket. The rubber barbs dont give.....the FASCIA crosshairs will bend!

One vette-owner being a pud? If an owner is being a ****, the cops are going to bust them for something. If the cop is being one, they will find 'something' to bust your chops, and YOUR ATTITUDE will make the difference between talk or ticket.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I been going to Captree and the O.B.I. since I had my junior license early 70's, always a lot of cops. Now with the search going on big brother has a chip on there shoulder.:flush:

Wow ! Is OBI the Oak Beach Inn Nightclub on the water ? I can remember riding over there with my cousins from my slip in Seaford in my 17' boat in the late seventies early eighties and hanging out. The drinking age was 18 back then.

Every time I see them searching for the bodies from the serial killer on the News I think how bad it must **** to have to climb through all those weeds and thickets... They're probably being watched by the conservationists otherwise they would just mow it down and let it grow back... but that would make too much sense.

You must be registered for see images attach

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the o.b.i. is the Oak Beach Inn, a big night club on the water dock and Bands every night, they had a Bill board saying leave N.Y. before its too late. They were ahead of there time. :beer:

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How 'secure' do they require? You can put the car in neutral, pull on the snap-on braketed plate evenly, and PULL the car forward with the bracket. The rubber barbs dont give.....the FASCIA crosshairs will bend!

One vette-owner being a pud? If an owner is being a ****, the cops are going to bust them for something. If the cop is being one, they will find 'something' to bust your chops, and YOUR ATTITUDE will make the difference between talk or ticket.

That should be able to pass the "test" if it is that secure.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's not all act like choir boys lol.. I got busted back in 2003 with a chopper and a road block and all they did was give me a ticket for speeding as I was honest with the undercover cop I blasted by racing a ZO6 lol. No front plate ticket and no impounding for racing and going 150mph. Most cops are good guys and it's true it's your attitude that usually determines the outcome of a traffic stop!

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's not all act like choir boys lol.. I got busted back in 2003 with a chopper and a road block and all they did was give me a ticket for speeding as I was honest with the undercover cop I blasted by racing a ZO6 lol. No front plate ticket and no impounding for racing and going 150mph. Most cops are good guys and it's true it's your attitude that usually determines the outcome of a traffic stop!

haha I wish that had been true for our friends in upstate NY.... taking away our car keys before even saying hello didn't really give us much time to be polite :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62