What are 05's bringing in

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend is looking at an 05 with 15000 miles in black and the guy is asking $40,000. Does this sound right? I thought it sounded pretty cheap but with the economy the way it is and the way cars are selling maybe it isn't that far off after all. I was thinking it sounds too good to be true. What do you guys think? The car is a black srt10 vert.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't get into what we got for our private sale of our '05 BLACK SRT VERT...but it was WELL over $40K. BUT, our car was just UNDER 10K miles, a pivotal mileage figure for most people. Still 15K miles is not that many...any mods? ~juli
In other words, $40K, GRAB IT!!!

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know it is stock 1 owner never in an accident. We are trying to verify all of this right now. I haven't seen the car yet so for all I know it could be a beat up rag. If it is as nice as it is being represented as it sounds like a steal to me. I will let you all know how he makes out.

He was thinking about buying a Challenger and I am trying to talk him out of it telling him he will have a LOT more fun with the SRT10. :2tu:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in todays buyers market and with so many vipers for sale i would say thats the going rate .the only viper i did not loose much money was my 97 gts b/w,those are still getting in the mid 40s for a clean example.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend is looking at an 05 with 15000 miles in black and the guy is asking $40,000. Does this sound right? I thought it sounded pretty cheap but with the economy the way it is and the way cars are selling maybe it isn't that far off after all. I was thinking it sounds too good to be true. What do you guys think? The car is a black srt10 vert.

Last month or so when I was considering trading up to the '08(before the dissappointment of the seat lowering issue) was told car was worth alot more than 40k (I only have 5,500 miles).

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More than likely a scam. Stay away from any deposits via Western Union or any escrow payments

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, somethings wrong there. I wouldn't sell my copperhead for under 60k. But then I have no plans to sell it.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the car today at a car show. Turns out it is an 04. Guy was asking 47 at the show but from the sounds of it it can be had for 40. From what I heard the guy needs money fast for an attorney. :dunno: I am not sure if my friend is going to grab it or not. If I had more garage room I would be tempted to grab it and keep the Z06 for a track car. I am sure the wife would kill me though since I already have 3 cars, 4 with hers.

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell that person NOT to sell his Viper to pay an Attorney. That is a total waste of his car. I have been following prices for about a year and from my limited experience 40k would be a steal if its in good condition. I am not that concerned with milage when I actually can buy. I really would be more comfortable with a used Viper with 20-40k miles on it than an older one with under 10k miles. I would always worry about what can go wrong with a low milage car like that from lack of driving.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960