What are the Odds?

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first day we have had over 60 degrees since last October so needless to say I was chomping at the bit to get my 96 RT-10 that I purchased in January out for a drive. Now you have to understand I am in Bozeman, Montana. Normally this time of year we are still under snow for a couple more months. This year has been the exception. Five minutes into my drive I run up on a very nicely restored Pantera. We never see exotic cars here unless mustangs and cameros are exotic to you. I talked to the guy for a minute and he had just finished the restoration and was doing a shake down run. I wish I could have gotten a photo. The car really was beautiful and the 351 Cleveland was polished and looking mean. Great sound too. The surprising part was his interest in my Viper. He was clearly more excited about seeing my Viper than I was about checking out his Pantera. The alure and mystique of the Viper never gets old. This being such a small town I am sure I will catch him out again and this time I will get some pics.

Craig,

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool story...thanks. Funny thing is that there's a guy about three houses away from me who also has a Pantera, and when he stops by, all he talks about is the Viper...lol! :smirk:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pantera is what I wanted when I was in college. The allure is the same as the Viper. Lightweight, lots of horsepower , fantastic looks, cramped cockpit, LOL !

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember my first look at a Pantera as much as the first time I saw a Viper. I walked around and stared at each one for about 30 minutes. :D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they both share the I-look-younger-than-I-really-am mojo. A 42 year old Pantera (from 20 feet away and just looking at the design; not the materials or the interior) looks like it could've rolled out of a dealership recently. Same with the Gen2!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21