what cam/head combo are any of you guys running?

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im trying to make a decision quickly here, im ready to get rolling again. So looked around a bit called greg good ( no response from him ) Have a phone call into arrow but still unsure what my best option is. So any direction or help would be good.

Last edited:

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Striker heads/cam on my car, it put down 612 rwhp and 619 rwtq all motor I ran it that way for 3 yrs, and man it was fun! Then I added some NOS to it and it made 736 on the NOS, ran it that way for a yr. Now I have removed the NOS and added a Paxton and have not Dynoed it yet but from the feel of it it's got to be over 800 to the tires.

All still on the stock "cream puff" bottom end.

I think a 600+ rwhp heads/cam car is more fun then a stock motor Paxton car making 650+ rwhp. The Stock motor Paxton cars feel like a stock car till about 4000rpm. So if you are going to do one or the other I say do the heads/cam.

Talk to DC motorsports, they can hook you up with what ever you need, and Chris is the man over there for tuning the stock ECU.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well motor is apart so i figured i would change a few things. What cam do you have you remember? 708/710
Whats about driveability any issues?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i added the 708 comp coupe cam to mine and picked up 25 hp and 30 tq through the rpm range. dynoed 500 rwhp with kn intake catback sct tune.

talked with roe racing and if i get their pp'd heads ill be at 540 rwhp. their heads plus the 710 cam and 600 plus rwhp.

but ill probally just do their heads for the 540 rwhp since the cc 708 cam i have idles so perfect with just a hint of lope and add american racing headers and a throttle body with a retune of the sct via sean roe for 570 very drivable rwhp and call it a day

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running heads and custom camshaft by Lingenfelter Performance Engineering (LPE), while they are best known for their work on vettes, they have done quite a few Vipers. Let them know what you plan to do as far as track, drag racing, etc and they can customize a setup for you at a competitive price.

My car started life with only 450 hp and is very drive-able even with the 150+ additional hp and torque, it is much more aggressive sounding than a supercharged car.
Let me know if you have any questions,

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke with Greg this week, looking to get on his calendar shortly. He is a busy man, but IMO is the thee guy for head work.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
David--- what's up, it's Brian, I met you down in Columbus for the vca dinner. I'm friends with the Welshs.
I have a few calls into Greg good also and no return calls.

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, Brian. I was with Shaena and her husband this past week, and we brought you up in conversation.

How's Rich doing these days? Has he recovered well? His shop does wonders with my car's computer...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gregg awnswered my call...guy is super honest he'll tell ya straight up somthing aint worth doin before he will take your money

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, Greg must be reading this site. He jsut called me. In fact, I read your comment Twister, went away from the computer, and two minutes later I see "Greg Good" on my cell phone as an in-coming call!

Man, he talked my ear off! We're going to work on a project together over the winter...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang