What do OEM cats sell for? (scrap)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How were they taken off. Are they still reusable? If so don't even consider getting rid of them as they are likely worth a ton more to the Dealer or individual you may sell the car to in the future. In many States the car can not even be sold , so you limit your chances. Anymore folks want to be able to take about anything back to stock, so the pittance you get now , could likely cost you 500-1000 later if they must be used.

Just looking out for your best interest.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I was thinking along the lines of $75 each as well.

Bill, thanks for the input. I may keep them afterall. I know my car is way past "collector" status, but I wasn't thinking about possibly needing them if I ever sell.

Anyone wanna buy the car? $20k? OEM cats included :D

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron, I just read this quick...lol you're not serious right? Can you really get that much for both stocks cats?

I originally got my car with 9,181 miles and pretty much had my RandomTech cats put on the car about a month later... so less than 10,000 miles were put on my stock cats.. They are in my basement and I would love to sell them for that much haha.. :D

4873122 and 4873123 list at $900 with a $200 core charge. Cash Wholesale price is $657.03 each.

Regards,
Aaron

I would sell 2 at $657.03!! So who do I get the $1314.06 from? :confused:

I ain't ever selling my car.........................:D:D:D

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron, I just read this quick...lol you're not serious right? Can you really get that much for both stocks cats?

I originally got my car with 9,181 miles and pretty much had my RandomTech cats put on the car about a month later... so less than 10,000 miles were put on my stock cats.. They are in my basement and I would love to sell them for that much haha.. :D

Aaron quoted what they cost NEW from Dodge. For scrap price figure $75+/each (from info above)

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quality wise, there's nothing even close to the factory cats. Aftermarket cats will go bad long before factory cats do. Factory cats have mandated specs that aftermarket don't have to follow (and they don't).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog