What do we know about the factory car cover?

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it waterproof/breatheable?

I ask because my garage in my condo complex tends to get damp, the floor, walls, ceiling all get covered in dew, as do the cars. This made its way under the cover on the Viper. If the cover isn't breatheable, then it's probably not good to leave it on with all the moisture trapped underneath.

However the next morning all the moisture and dew was gone, and the car looks fine. Sure there is a bit of a film on it, but not a big deal.

So I'd assume that if it's not completely waterproof, then obviously its breatheable. I know there are much better covers out there, but I don't want to buy another one, as this serves my purpose just fine.

So, who knows anything about this cover?

Thanks,

- Anthony

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it waterproof/breatheable?

I ask because my garage in my condo complex tends to get damp, the floor, walls, ceiling all get covered in dew, as do the cars. This made its way under the cover on the Viper. If the cover isn't breatheable, then it's probably not good to leave it on with all the moisture trapped underneath.

However the next morning all the moisture and dew was gone, and the car looks fine. Sure there is a bit of a film on it, but not a big deal.

So I'd assume that if it's not completely waterproof, then obviously its breatheable. I know there are much better covers out there, but I don't want to buy another one, as this serves my purpose just fine.

So, who knows anything about this cover?

Thanks,

- Anthony
go to grainger or hardware store and buy a small commercial heater for your garage,measure the size of your garage and they will tell u the btu you need.all that h20 sweat will destroy your car,interior and underside. they dont cost that much.

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortuantely it's not an individual garage, or i'd just get a dehumidifier. It's the whole condo complex, so I'm kind of stuck.

I assume the cover is breatheable since the moisture went away. That's all I'm looking to find out for sure.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortuantely it's not an individual garage, or i'd just get a dehumidifier. It's the whole condo complex, so I'm kind of stuck.

I assume the cover is breatheable since the moisture went away. That's all I'm looking to find out for sure.

im a shure if u call srt,they would be the best source.:)someone here can tell u the number

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant