What do you do when u lose your DAD before Christmas

Scott5ppg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry Bro, my prayers go out to all. Lost my Dad Oct 10, 1991 at age 56. I still miss him but know he died knowing Christ.

Scott

Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I send my prayers to you and your family. I just lost my grandfather last Monday and my dad is going though the depression stage too, I just keep reminding him that he is in a better place than we are.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, I am so sorry to hear. I have never had a father to share memories and times with so truly cannot say I can undertand what you are going through. I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I can say this though....It is the circle of life and inevitable, he will be with you forever in your hearts and memories, and please stay strong. I can say that I would rather have a father to be close to an share memories with, have to deal with a time like this than, to not have one at all. Never lose perspective. So Keep your head up and stay strong.....My thoughts an prayers are with you! God Bless

James

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man sorry to hear that.There is nothing anyone can say except it F-----g *****.I lost my Dad a couple of years ago. He was my best friend and my best man at my wedding.I know what you are going through .Remember all the great times you had with him and live every day to its fullest. If you have kids hug them everyday.

OP
OP
K

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was sent to me Today from another loved one from the VCA.

"The only words I can put to the grief you are feeling is THAT *****. The only words I can put to the love loss you are feeling is YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD.

Yes, the luckiest person, because you have a Father that is so wonderful it hurts this bad.

Things I cherish

My dad can now be with me whenever I want. No more physical constraints of this life.

When I noticed new aging lines on my face and realized they were the same as my dad’s.

When his words come out of my mouth.

Realizing our similar habits.

When wondering what my dad would have said, and hearing him in my head.

Going to a place and later finding a picture of that same place that he had taken as a child.

I keep his police ID in my wallet.

Realizing how precious my mom is.

Take care Luckiest Family in the World.

P.S. The Viper is the best depression Pill. A few hard Rev’s can really make you feel good."

Thanks for that e-mail you just have to love the VCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was sent to me Today from another loved one from the VCA.

"The only words I can put to the grief you are feeling is THAT *****. The only words I can put to the love loss you are feeling is YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD.

Yes, the luckiest person, because you have a Father that is so wonderful it hurts this bad.

Things I cherish

My dad can now be with me whenever I want. No more physical constraints of this life.

When I noticed new aging lines on my face and realized they were the same as my dad’s.

When his words come out of my mouth.

Realizing our similar habits.

When wondering what my dad would have said, and hearing him in my head.

Going to a place and later finding a picture of that same place that he had taken as a child.

I keep his police ID in my wallet.

Realizing how precious my mom is.

Take care Luckiest Family in the World.

P.S. The Viper is the best depression Pill. A few hard Rev’s can really make you feel good."

Thanks for that e-mail you just have to love the VCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a lovely email. I especially agree with the p.s. part. Take your Viper somewhere safe and really beat on it for a while. Do some high RPM shifts and a few donuts. Vipers are great for putting a smile on your face even during times like these. God bless you, your dad and the rest of your family :usa:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T,

Sorry for your loss. I can't fathom that day, but can't say it doesn't ride my mind from time to time. Keep posting here, you'll find self healing in expressing your thoughts. Its theraputic that way. Revel in the great moments that all of your family shared together. People always say to take pictures, but family doesn't need photos to know they're loved. I wish you and your family great healing and strength to all of you during this time of loss.

Jay K.

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my grandfather the day after my 17th birthday, the day I was supposed to test for my driver's licensce. Its rough, and I still think about him all the time, but be strong.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry to read about your dad passing. My dad is getting a biopsy as I type this to see if the 30 years of smoking has caught up with him. He quit cold turkey 20 years ago, but these things can still creep up on you. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him.

If you still can at this time of year, take a long drive in your Viper and remember all of the good times.

Reaction score
KingSnake,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Having lost many a loved one over the past couple years and having dealt with some close calls, I'll let you in on what I've looked at this year....Tiger Woods. Don't know if you watch golf or not but, I look at how he has remembered his dad and taken his life to new heights. I hope you and your family remember the wonderful things your dad brought to your lives and use them to elevate your lives to heights you couldn't have dreamed about. Bless you all.....

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost my dad a few years ago to Lung Cancer. He deteriorated over a period of about a year. His first operation was the week of the Indy VOI, the cancer stayed away until Jan 2003, Chemo took most of Jan-June '03 away from him, June - Oct he lived a psuedo normal life, then Nov things started going bad, one year and a month after the cancer reappeared, God carried him home on a beautiful snowy TN mountain Feb. morning. My Brother, Mom and myself all had our chance to say good-buy. The day before he passed away, my brother was at the hospital with him, and he called us up and said to get down there..... we thought the worst... Well someone had sent tons of food to my dad's room from Ruby Tuesdays... and My bro couldn't eat it all, so he recruited us. It was the best send off we could have had for dad... the entire family in his room, enjoying each other... Mom, Dad, Me and my brother, our spouses, and the grand kids. Dad was smiling ear to ear watching us. That's the image of him I remember from that week.

If your dad was as great as mine, I know you are hurting aweful right now. It'll will take a while to sink in that he's gone, and than after a little more time, you'll realize he's not really gone.... he's walking around with you...

October 2003, Midsouth Fall Foliage Run:

5Jay_Herbert_and_his_Father.jpg

Just my opinion, but for those of you whose parents are still both alive: call them, share time with them, tell them you love 'em, and ask them those "I've always wondered about such and such" questions you have on you mind. I have a few questions I wish I had asked, and now will always wonder about...

God Bless.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I lost my Dad in Oct. of 2005. We thought Thanksgiving and Christmas that year would be sad but when those days came we celebrated like he was there and it helped. He loved parties and would have been cranky if the whole family was together and there wasn't a lot of noise and fun going on.

Again, my condolences and remember time will make it better. :2tu:

Mark

My Dad passed on in October 05 also.
Now you are the patriarch of the family. Take Good care of your Mom. Make every one feel special. And tell your Dads jokes.
And if you really get lonely and miss your Dad, Just look in the mirror!

Enjoy the Holidays :)
Dan

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. It's so hard, man. But I want to thank you for this thread. All of the responses are heartwarming and help us to remember what's really important, especially around this time of year. I'd like to add my own story about my brother who died when he was 20 years old, Oct 6, 1990. He was my little brother and the bravest person I've ever known. Matt fought cancer for two years and never complained, and NEVER gave up. Even after the chemotherapy, radiation, and eventual bone marrow transplant - he fought on. He even managed to get in a semester with me at college while undergoing treatment. We talked about and shared so many things as brothers - memories no one can ever take away. When the end came, I was with him and I'm grateful for that. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I can't believe it's been 16 years. As the years passed, I began to draw inspiration from my brother. In times of difficulty, I'd say - how bad do I really have it? Matt dealt with much tougher stuff than I. Work through it, **** it up. He comes to me when I dream. His face looks as fresh as it did 16 years ago. A song comes on the radio and I remember us at a concert and I smile. His best friend and I celebrate every Oct 6 together. We laugh, cry and remember. The memories your dad left you are his legacy. He helped to make you the successful person that you are. In that way, he'll always be with you. Don't worry, bro. Believe it or not, it gets better...I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas during this difficult time -or- atleast a comforting and reflective one with plenty of family and friends.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry dude. Lost mine Dec. 18, 2001.

Nothing will replace your dad. Emotions dim after time passes.

Go out & buy a new Viper & dedicate it to your dad so he will be riding w/ you every time you take her out!

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My grandpa passed away almost 40 years ago on Christmas Eve -- quite awhile before I was born. Every year on the 24th, we always gather, cook a lot of food, pray for him before we eat and drink. There are people who lost a lot more than you do (your mom) ... filling in his place (just a bit) would probably lessen the losses of others. Courage brings happiness, just my thought. Wish you and your family all the best.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prayers and thoughts are with you! I have just returned from Florida where we burried my Aunt. It is especially hard at the Holidays to loose someone so close to your heart. I hope that you stay strong and remember the good times you have cherrished together. There is a star above that is shining bright, remember your Dad's love everynight! I know the lost as my Brother is gone but not forgotten. I hope you make it through these tough times. God Bless You and Your Family!

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost my dad 3 years ago. As a child he lost his mother and his father gave him up to his aunt to raise. He grew very bitter towards his father. He married and had 7 children. As we grew he worked like a dog, and was satified to provide for us. His love was pure and unconditional... his eyes were bright and you could see the love in his heart. He spoke softly and lead by example, he was a very honorable person.

...What to do? Be with your family, spend time together. The Spirit of your father will be with you forever.

I enjoyed being by myself in the Viper listening to music. Fleetwood Mac put out a live album called "The Dance". There is a track on is sung by Stevie Nicks called Landslide. It is about the loss of her father, on the into she says "...This is for you daddy". Very powerfull stuff.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Crazy timing, I just lost my dad of 62 years this Monday night, 12/18. We had an estranged, from a distance relationship. I've said many prayers since that phone call, remembered the good times, and have thanked God for calling my father to Him 1.5 years ago, before it was too late. We 5 kids (32-41 yrs old)all met @ my mom's Tuesday to remember, laugh & cry together. I wish you, your family and your father much peace and happiness as you do CELEBRATE his life and the legacy he leaves with you. I'll mention your father in my evening prayers tonight, that he is with God, at peace and eagerly awaiting the time that you are together again. God Bless him and all of you wonderful folks for responding so sincerely to KingSnake.

OP
OP
K

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes my dad was 56 years old and its hard, FinalEd357 I,m trying to stay strong but all of the replys are helping a hell of a lot.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KingSnake,

Grief may overwhelm us and change our lives forever, but we all have the will to move forward and heal if we are open to the possibilities that everything happens for a reason & that life continues on the Other Side. Your strength to heal will come not only from enduring what you are experiencing, but also in keeping your heart open to it. Try observing this Holiday Season with the rest of the family close by and sharing wonderful stories about Dad. (All the best from your 2nd family, the VCA group)
Burt

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kingsnake,

I lost my Dad suddenly due to an accident at home when he was 58. My Mom called me one morning and told me there'd been an accident. I rushed over to the hospital where he was still alive for several more hours. Although unconscious, I told him that I loved him. I just wish I had said those words more often as I was growing up instead of waiting until the emergency room.

That happened in August one year and my Mom sent me a Christmas card later that year. It took me until the following summer before I could open the card because I knew it would be signed “Love, Mom” and I’d never received a card from her that didn’t say “Love, Mom & Dad.”

During the years I was still living at home if I did something nice for my Dad he would say “Son, I’ll sing at your wedding.” I was married two years after he passed away. We had a pianist play several songs during the ceremony but no vocal singing. I reserved that spot for my Dad. My wife doesn’t even know about that to this day and we’ve been married over 21 years.

I’m deeply sorry for your loss. It takes time to heal. Remember the fun times you had with him.