What does it really cost to get 1000 rwhp / 1000 rwtq

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really feel like calling a bunch of vendors and asking how much it costs since I don't have the wallet to get it done right now but I was just curious what the ballpark figure would be to do twin turbos and get 1000/1000 on 94 octane pump gas...Maybe next year I can actaully get it done :eek: ;)

Ricky :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised to read that 91 is all you guys have in the states...94 is available at every chevron here :D only gas I ever use :)

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't really feel like calling a bunch of vendors and asking how much it costs since I don't have the wallet to get it done right now but I was just curious what the ballpark figure would be to do twin turbos and get 1000/1000 on 94 octane pump gas...Maybe next year I can actaully get it done :eek: ;)

Well...around 45- 50k installed I believe.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you don't need TT's go get that kind of power. If you go SC'd, that will get you what you need.

heads, cam, SC, computer. you are there.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys 50k is crazy money since a used viper can be had for around that much lol but well worth it if you have the means...maybe one day...

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the rsi tt 1500 package that there was a post on has a price of $90,000 usd I think I would just get another viper instead lol :eek:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the rsi tt 1500 package that there was a post on has a price of $90,000 usd I think I would just get another viper instead lol :eek:

Yeah..when you get up to that kind of power....big bucks. The best "value" has to be the Paxton SC. Under 10k installed...and huge power gains.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah the supercharger kit is looking even better to me after this thread :eek:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is going to be for the few and far between. Almost $100,000 for a system?? WOW!

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think [******] has a 1000hp viper that has been on e-bay for the past year. You can pick that one up for a mere 1/4 of a million $$$, and its turn key! Not too sure if the bank will finance you for 350% over value though.

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would it cost $50k for a turbo viper? You can buy the turbos for $8000. Then you could have a shop custom fab you some pipes, much like an exhaust shop can do. Toss in some injectors, tuning, fuel pumps, and an intercool and I can't see that costing more than $20 grand. Build the engine internals for another $10 grand, and you're still only at $30 grand.

Is it just that the viper parts are so rare that drives the cost up? Or is there some critical piece I'm missing? I mean if a supercharged setup is $10 grand, why would a turbo be so much more? Just for the custom pipes and intercooler?

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would it cost $50k for a turbo viper? You can buy the turbos for $8000. Then you could have a shop custom fab you some pipes, much like an exhaust shop can do. Toss in some injectors, tuning, fuel pumps, and an intercool and I can't see that costing more than $20 grand. Build the engine internals for another $10 grand, and you're still only at $30 grand.

Is it just that the viper parts are so rare that drives the cost up? Or is there some critical piece I'm missing? I mean if a supercharged setup is $10 grand, why would a turbo be so much more? Just for the custom pipes and intercooler?

The SC bolt-on I was speaking of is a 7500 cost...and maybe 2500 install if you get someone to do it. Nothing else...a bolt-on. The TT set-up to get to 1000 HP is massive internal work...along with the more costly TT set-up. The difference in these 2 examples is 1000HP and 750 hp. An SC set-up with similar internals of the 1000HP TT will run less $ wise...but your ability to build on the base 1000HP is more limited in the SC set-up. But no doubt...as JD has stated...the SC route is easier and costs less.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you don't need TT's go get that kind of power. If you go SC'd, that will get you what you need.

heads, cam, SC, computer. you are there.

A SC setup with 1000rwhp? If that's possible, I can't imagine how much boost it would have to push, and how much trouble it would be to keep the belt tight to push it.

SRTdownunder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting 1000 rwhp on the engine is going to demand upgrading the driveline from the transmission all the way to the halfshafts -- so add another 10-12 grand at least.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't have the time to get into the difficulties of fabing a TT Setup for a Viper, and there are much more qualified people to explain.
But it sure isn't-Toss In This and Toss In that! :D

That's why there are only a couple tuners who do it right!

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know I am going to get slammed for this, but if you look at the actual cost for the materials that go into a twin turbo setup, it is no where near the prices that tuners are charging. I have made my own TT setup for a C5 that I had before my SRT10 and it ended up costing less then $10k. It will help if you can TIG weld and have access to metal fab equipment.

Add up the parts and see for you self. Don't give me the line of crap about how much research went into developing these systems, anyone experienced with FI setups can build one, the Viper is no different then any other car, it actually has more room for a nice set of turbos then the C5. I think I am going to have to dust off my TIG welder :cool:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how to get to 1000rwhp w/ a SC:

-Supercharger running 14-15psi w/ intercooler
-heads
-cam
-Vec2 or AEM
-install and tune of above

and then the other things you'll want to keep the car together w/ that much power:

-half shafts
-clutch
-tires
-roll bar, possibly

It ain't hard. i ran 965rwhp w/o a good computer. 2manytoys has over 1000rwhp on his SC car.

I love my TT, but it is hard to beat the SC if all you want is 1000rwhp.

Reaction score

around 40k will get you that power.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: how to get to 1000rwhp w/ a SC:

-Supercharger running 14-15psi w/ intercooler
-heads
-cam
-Vec2 or AEM
-install and tune of above

and then the other things you'll want to keep the car together w/ that much power:

-half shafts
-clutch
-tires
-roll bar, possibly

It ain't hard. i ran 965rwhp w/o a good computer. 2manytoys has over 1000rwhp on his SC car.

I love my TT, but it is hard to beat the SC if all you want is 1000rwhp.

JD, won't you have to change out the pistons as well?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I am going to get slammed for this, but if you look at the actual cost for the materials that go into a twin turbo setup, it is no where near the prices that tuners are charging. I have made my own TT setup for a C5 that I had before my SRT10 and it ended up costing less then $10k. It will help if you can TIG weld and have access to metal fab equipment.

Add up the parts and see for you self. Don't give me the line of crap about how much research went into developing these systems, anyone experienced with FI setups can build one, the Viper is no different then any other car, it actually has more room for a nice set of turbos then the C5. I think I am going to have to dust off my TIG welder :cool:

Then step up and get into the Viper TT business.

Then get back to us when you can build/service/tune a better set up than Heffner, SVS or any other quality tuner.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some say yes, some say no.

where y'all come up with 30-40k, i don't know. you can have a TT setup for that price!

on the SRT, you may want to change out pistons if you go above 10psi. so add 1k for pistons and 2-3k for non-viper-tax labor. It is a 12 hr or so job (and i'm on Jack B time here and not on JD time).

under 20k for sure!

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD, I think you may be glossing over the octane issue here. If there is a supercharged Viper that made 1,000 rwhp on pump gas (93 or 94) without nitrous I've never heard of it. If your 965 was on pump that's the highest I've heard of, and you have some "Good" heads. If memory serves 2Many's made around 1,033 but that was on race gas (may have been in the low 900's on pump).

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine was on pump gas. and on a GENII and not a GEN III!

yes, i had "good" heads. i bet that if one had stryker heads or some "good" GenIII heads, the car would easily make 1000rwhp.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

whats your gas mileage JD? someone told me mileage with TT went up when just cruising. at 1000hp is the mileage half of what it is now at 500hp? not that i really care, just curious. i get about 160 miles to a tank now. with TT would i expect 80 miles per tank? turn the boost knob down to 2 psi when going long distance to extend miles an option?