What is a creampuff?

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed in a few post a reference to a creampuff and something to the year 00-02. I just don;t know the lingo. I thought a cream puff was a tasty pastry.

Chris

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of your questions can be answered by using the "search" function. That way you don't have to wait for people top respond to your posts. BTW-A "Cream-puff refers to 2000-2002 cars that had a milder cam than then earlier cars :)

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cream Puffs are cars that are babied and modded for the sake of doing it!! I have a '96 cream puff that is just gorgeous. Never seen a track and never will but I keep her clean and perfect... That's a cream puff.

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cream Puffs are cars that are babied and modded for the sake of doing it!! I have a '96 cream puff that is just gorgeous. Never seen a track and never will but I keep her clean and perfect... That's a cream puff.

You only think you have one :) . I have a real creamer :D

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000-2002 have cast(not forged)pistons and are usually only good to around 600-650 rwhp. That is why they are called creampuffs.

Very few are running around with more power on stock pistons. The ring lands are the problem.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The terms "creampuff" is in itself a gayeous term. I'd love to meet the nincompoop who actually "coined" this terminology. It makes me want to vomit every time I see the word typed on here. And, no, my Viper is not a "creampuff" so I am unbiased.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great point Frank, and I agree with you 100%.

If you are going to spend a large *** of money to mod your engine to 650+ HP, replacing the rings and pistons just isn't that big of a deal, to me anyhow.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if the cream puff has a milder cam does it make the same HP and TQ as pre 2000?

Nope, we are usually down a few HP and TQ from others.

I believe a strong 96-97 GTS will pull something like 420-430 rwhp and 460-470 rwtq STOCK.

a strong creme puff will pull 410-415 rwhp and 450-460 rwtq.

The "perfect" combination viper would be a 01-02 (ABS and other refinements) with a 96-97 motor.

Jon