What is the strangest or BEST reaction you've had to driving your viper?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper

Dude, in a viper you're a rockstar!!!!!!! :headbang: :2tu:

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I first met my girlfriends dad he said " you must be a drug dealer driving a fancy car like that" My response was "you must work in a toll booth living in a house this small" all I heard were... crickets.... at that family dinner and saw about 5 faces of horror.

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A gorgeous 20+ y.o. classy girl told me after a ride “I have to upgrade my boyfriend to one with a Viper”.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you must work in a toll booth living in a house this small"

Not to spoil the fun, but toll booth workers (around here at least) make quite the healthy living. It's a cushy job that you have to know someone to get!

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's mine (and I drive my car everyday):

I ask the girl at the drive-thru for a drink carrier for the two drinks I ordered. She says, <sarcasticly> "you mean a car that costs THAT MUCH doesn't have cup holders??" I replied, "and to think, I could have bought a Kia and not had to beg you for this two cent piece of cardboard!".

Why does it sound like that?

We heard something out front, but we thought it was garbage day.

How about the morons that are coming at you in the opposite lane when you're not paying attention? Then they scare the crap out of you by yelling something uncomprehendible, at the top of their lungs, while passing by! I always think I just ran over somebody's kid or something! Heart skips a beat, I *** in the seat...whatever.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whoa...

Those AREN'T speakers???

Walt McFarland

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"the tires look big."

My response was "that's because in spite of what you hear, size matters."

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper?

Strangest: Were you in a movie? :cool:

Most common: Nice car! My 6 year old son always ask me "why does everyone say that"? :D

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The funniest reaction I ever had was from a teenager who said:
"Hey, you must get all the girls in this car right?" My responce as I laughed and shook my head: "This is what I use to get away from all those nut-cases."

AC

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you Tom Green? I get that one all the time.

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score

A note was once left on my car: "Sorry about you Penis"

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was washing my RT/10 out at my apartment building and three boys around 9 or 10 stop by and start to admire the car. One of the boys is really saying how nice it is. I say, Well I am sure your dad has a nice car, which his response was " No,He's not rich he's just a Lawyer".

Also cruising down the local drag on a Saturday night and a car loaded with 17 to 18 year old boys pull up along side. One sticks his head out the window and ask "How that penis extension working for you" I immediately answer with "Go home and ask your mom".

I get all the others like everyone else. Had a ****** girl say once "I thought it would be more luxurious inside".

Dean

ubnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1.How do you get in? I don't see any door handles! Response- I Dukes of Hazard my entry.
2.Why do you have NOS on a V-10? In case I want to embarass my prey not just beat them.
3.Does that run on normal gas? Nope..jet fuel!

Of course the normal ooh's and aww's...that is why I love this car! Very few around here so, when I get it out it is all eyes on me! :2tu:

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California

I actually did get the "speakers on the hood" one time from an attractive woman, but very dense. *hate it when that happens* My friend who was riding with me told her some story about how the speakers have to be in the front on the hood because the car goes so fast you can't hear the sound of the radio if they were installed in the car...and some other stuff about Doppler Effect and bs bs bs. Couldn't believe she bought it.

This is too funny! Do you mind if I steal this one, very classic.
"Oh, my God, I have never had a car make me wet before" in the parking lot of a shopping center by attractive 20 something.
"What kind of Porsche is that anyway"
On a Sunday drive in the rural backwoods had a whole house clear out ON A RUN to get a glimpse as I drove past.
Same day farther down the road had several Harley guys give me the full salute as I cruised past a biker bar(at 70 mph)
Best one though was parking on a side street to avoid unwanted attention and a woman with a, maybe, 4 year old boy in her arms walking by. The boy sees the car, starts squirming and yelling to his Mom, "Mom, Mom, its the batmobile"(my car is black)She has to put him down and he begins to run around and around the car screaming and laughing. I got off just seeing and hearing his total excitement. She had to finally drag him away as he would have stayed for hours had it been up to him.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

number one has to be " are those speakers in the hood ". You just wanna punch these people right in the mouth. Why would there ever be speakers outside the car further more why in the hood. Shmucks.
People ask me that all the time. My answer is, "No, those are the cooling vents for the warp drive. If you look real close, you can even see the glow of the di-lithium crystals." You wouldn't believe how many of these dorks actually look into the mesh. :D

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How about the morons that are coming at you in the opposite lane when you're not paying attention? Then they scare the crap out of you by yelling something uncomprehendible, at the top of their lungs, while passing by! I always think I just ran over somebody's kid or something! Heart skips a beat, I *** in the seat...whatever. "

Can't agree more - my heart skips a beat every time that happens!

Worst - was when a small kid walking with his dad and staring at my Viper (while still walking) and walked into a sign post. Dad laughed at the kid (who was crying) and said to watch where he was walking - wanted to deck that A**hole. :mad:

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The biggest ones I get are:

Wan na trade?

R those speaker in the hood?

I had a car full of ladies pull up next to me and the passenger said "how about a ride for a ride". She was quit the ***** so it didn't matter but it was funny!

And from the kids I get look at the matchbox car.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was parked outside a club as it let out, waiting for a friend to finish up a phone call, when I had a girl come up and start sucking me! The fingers on my hand, that is ;) At least she was cute! :2tu:

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I was stopped at a traffic light and a Mercedes 500sl pulled up next to me with the top down. A guy was driving and he had a good looking honey in the passenger seat. Both of them were looking at the Viper. I looked over at him and he said "I like your car, wanna trade?" I said "I will if she comes with it." She's nodding her head "yes" and they turned right and drove off. :cool:

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Generally,I love seeing people who are trying not to look but can't help turning their head anyway.
I totally hate the most asked question"How much did you pay for it"!
Summing it up-Viper rocks!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about when Vette driver's ignore you?

I'm driving down Main St. in Daytona this weekend. (Biketoberfest). Everyone is blow away by the Viper. Pointing, smiling, taking pictures and videos of the rarely seen (except in magazines) Dodge Viper.
I past TWO Corvette and neither one of them would even look at the car. One guy reved his exhulst as we passed. I laughed, bring it on. I had a Z06 for breakfast that morning.

Sour grapes, Hey, they could have bought a Viper. Sometime you have to just live with the choices you make :D

2000 GTS Steel Grey
Six piston Bier claws up front, front brakes in back
Quaife Differential, GKH half shafts, alloy fly wheel,
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&N air filters, Optima battery,

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I totally hate the most asked question"How much did you pay for it"!

That's a pretty bad one, I just say they cost $85k new.

A worse question IMNSHO is "What's your payments?" Uhhh, it could be paid for (thus no payments), it could be that I put a lot down and financed it forever (thus low payments), or it could be that I put nothing down and financed it for a year (thus exorbitant payments)?! Pretty d&mned dumb question, sure there may be a correlation between its cost (if that's what they're getting at) and payment amount, but not necessarily, especially for a lot of owners here.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think a lot of the questions are just an excuse to talk to the guy who has a Viper.

My car has most of the emblems removed. People often ask, "what's that?"

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BEST STORY.....Driving home one night from dinner these three guys pull up in a SS camaro. I light em up at the light. I thought these guys were gonna S*** right there. They were saying "AWESOME DUDE"... then one of the guys asked "is that your car" I said "no It's hers" pointing to the lovely lady next to me. They replied "no way, can she handle that" I said " oh yes she can, now we are going to go home to see if she can handle this" Pointing to my....... They took it seriously and were totally speechless.......what a hoot!!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seeing a kid with his/her parents looking at the viper in the parking lot. I ask the kid, " here sit in it". Kid enters, sits, and I close the door. As I turn to walk away, I say, "hope the owner doesn't catch ya". Great responses John, the joker

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Superbar,

Where do you work? I can come by at lunch time and give your employee a ride on my snake. I mean in my snake.

:D :D :2tu: :2tu: :headbang: ;)

Steve, she wants to ride THE snake!! :)

I loved reading all your comments, awesome. I agree with Joe, it is a conversation starter and people just want to talk to you, to know the extraordinary person behind the machine.

bhchase

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I was telling my wife about all the people on the Viper site saying they got flashed in there Viper and i never had. Next day when i got in the Viper to go to work, she ran out in front of the car and guess what I got FLASHED. Well, it was my wife, but thats better than nothing !

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Worst - was when a small kid walking with his dad and staring at my Viper (while still walking) and walked into a sign post.

I have had four kids fall over looking at the viper (so far), two on bikes, one on a skateboard, and one staring at the Viper while walking backwards. :eek:
And I've had a fair share of people nearly getting into accidents in their cars tryin to get a better look at the car as well. :(

I was just reminded of something that regularly happens where there's a group of kids waving at the Viper as I drive past. One of them usually makes a spinning motion with their finger (as in I should spin the tires), but I don't like to burn up the tires, so I usually just wave and drive on.

-Dean.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

at a ******* (of course) four of the ladies wanted to go cruising; well, obviously four wouldnt fit so only two at a time (hey what're laps for, right) then afterwards we had a nice night on the town with all four, my friend and i.

i even let one cutie drive the buggy for a few miles but she couldnt shift too damnn well so she got the boot.