What is your 1/4 mile time???

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey jeff how did you launch it to get that great 60' time? and what were you shifting at? looks like from the video you were shifting early?

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran an 11.852 @ 119.61 1.89 60' Bone stock 2000 ACR. Launched at about 1200rpm and shifted at or just before redline. Check the video below. If you launch at a higher rpm on street tires you will just sit there at the line spinning. When watching the video pay attention to the engine rpm sound at launch. I bring the engine up to about 1200rpm before the light. You will also hear just a slight tire squeel during launch, which means the tires are right at the edge of traction.

In-Car Video of 11.852 @ 119.61

My other cool videos..

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10.6 at 138.*** on street tires, 1st time at track
2.0 short time.
Car has a low 10, MAYBE 9's in the low 140's with a diff. driver. I OWN sportbikes. ;)

G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I OWN sportbikes. ;) G

How is that? You must be racing noobs. All the 05 liter bikes turn 9.8 to 10.2 seconds from the factory. I have an 05 CBR1000RR and I'll run ya :)

JEff, let me rephrase the question... I OWN SPORTBIKES WITH MY VIPER. is it that hard to beleive.. ? LOL!!
And no, they are NOT noobs.. seasoned riders..

G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bring it on down Jeff, we'll make it intersting...... would you like me to post videos of the Hayabusa kills, the 1000CBR kills or the Yamaha R1 kills ? :) :)

Gerald

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit racing noobs. The numbers don't lie. you said your best run was a 10.6 and even those crappy riders in the bike magazines turn a 10.3 on the slowest of the new liter bikes. You just need to find someone that knows how to ride.

The 05 Gixxer 1000 runs a 9.8 in stock form. In what world does your 10.6 beat a 9.8?

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit racing noobs. The numbers don't lie. you said your best run was a 10.6 and even those crappy riders in the bike magazines turn a 10.3 on the slowest of the new liter bikes. You just need to find someone that knows how to ride.

Pretty sure they are refering to racing bikes from a roll.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Jeff. I took your advice this evening @ Milan in MI, but didn't do as well.

Ran 12.6 with a 2.11 60'. Good mph @ 118.5, just couldn't get out of the hole. Looks like my mph is very close to yours - I've gotta get out faster!

John

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
p.s. my 12.6 was in 3rd gear. When I shifted a bit earlier thru the gears and got into 4th, I only went 12.82. I just need more practice. I thought the car did great!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bikes will beat me off the line. I'm by them in 3rd and past them in 4th. What's so hard to believe about that? Street tires, it's hard for me to catch. Kuhmo's is the trick. I'm right on their ass 1st and 2nd, by them 3rd and 4th is history. I'm sure anyone with 750+rwhp can chime in.

noobs, look who's talking. LOL!!

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why.. You are. That's who.... And you obviously are a noob at the track, because if you line up next to a bike at the 1/4, it's over. Hey I have Viper too. But I don't have my head so far up my *** that I think I can beat a 9.8 sec bike. BWAAAAHAAAA!

Are you talking about street racing? Who does that? A bunch of high schoolers? Man, you talk about racing a bunch of noobs. That's just going to get someone hurt or killed. Isn't it time you grow up? Take it to the track dude. Then come back and tell us how many bikes you schooled... HAHAHAA

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Jeff. I took your advice this evening @ Milan in MI, but didn't do as well. Ran 12.6 with a 2.11 60'. Good mph @ 118.5, just couldn't get out of the hole. Looks like my mph is very close to yours - I've gotta get out faster! John

Hey a 12.6 is not bad. Just a little practice will get you there. Did you spin a lot coming out of the hole? Did you do a burnout before you launched? Make sure you do a short burnout. Don't go through the water. Drive around the water. If you are spinning coming out of the hole then you need to try a launch with a little less rpm. It's ok if you even bog it a little. That's much better than spinning. If you spin it's over. You have enough power to recover from a bog. Make sure you shift very quick. I always make it to 4th.

Here is an in-car video of a crappy launch I made. Had too many rpms and had to ride the clutch to keep from spinning. Still ran an 11.98 tho.

11.98 @ 118.65 crappy launch

Here is another video of me wasting an identical 2000 ACR.

2 Vipers Drag

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why.. You are. That's who.... And you obviously are a noob at the track, because if you line up next to a bike at the 1/4, it's over. Hey I have Viper too. But I don't have my head so far up my *** that I think I can beat a 9.8 sec bike. BWAAAAHAAAA!

Are you talking about street racing? Who does that? A bunch of high schoolers? Man, you talk about racing a bunch of noobs. That's just going to get someone hurt or killed. Isn't it time you grow up? Take it to the track dude. Then come back and tell us how many bikes you schooled... HAHAHAA

LOL!! track schmack. I ride on the street... And there "ain't" a stock motorcycle that will hand my ass, including yours.. heehehehehheheh
Smizzzzzzzzzzzzzoke the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizikeeeeeee... ;)

1/4? I'll let someone who can drive take my car down the 1/4... smiiiiizoooke!!!

G

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ride on the street... And there "ain't" a stock motorcycle that will hand my ass, including yours.. 1/4? I'll let someone who can drive take my car down the 1/4... smiiiiizoooke!!!

That's what I figured. You're racing a bunch of kids on the street. Time to grow up isn't it? Before you kill someone. This is straight from your mouth "I'll let someone who can drive take my car down the 1/4". Isn't it time to learn how to drive your car yourself? It's made for the track, not racing noobs at the local Sonic. I guess you like impressing the kiddies. Take it to the track where people know how to drive and get your ass handed to you a few times then come back and talk. Until then, beating noobs to try and pick up high school chicks doesn't impress.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I figured. You're racing a bunch of kids on the street. Time to grow up isn't it? Before you kill someone. This is straight from your mouth "I'll let someone who can drive take my car down the 1/4". Isn't it time to learn how to drive your car yourself? It's made for the track, not racing noobs at the local Sonic. I guess you like impressing the kiddies. Take it to the track where people know how to drive and get your ass handed to you a few times then come back and talk. Until then, beating noobs to try and pick up high school chicks doesn't impress.

I'm half and half on this issue. speaking for the bike racing deal, I was pretty impressed with Gary Javo's Viper vs bike vid's on his site for sure. Great to see the Viper get a few jabs in on the bikes. Also, Proving that tracks are tough... if you read his story on his first track time he had a little more trouble then expected. Now with that car and more track time he'll get it into mid 9's for sure, but key word here is Track Time
Everything reall IS proven at the track and where you learn your best skills as well :2tu:

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, didn't you post videos of you and a group of bike riders screaming
around curves passing cars with a double yellow line, and oncoming traffic.
You need to clean your act up before berating others.

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, didn't you post videos of you and a group of bike riders screaming
around curves passing cars with a double yellow line, and oncoming traffic.
You need to clean your act up before berrating others.

No one was racing in any of the videos you saw, everyone riding knows each other, and we were out in the middle of nowhere going down roads we've been down many many times. We save the racing for the track. Gerald is talking about racing and beating motorcycles on the street. You do the math. And if you are a defender and advocate of racing cars and motorcycles on the street in areas where people are likely to get killed, then shame on you too, and perhaps you need to grow up and clean up your act also.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So reckless driving is ok as long as you're not 'racing'.
Is that why you didn't include the bike link after you jumped Gerald.

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So reckless driving is ok as long as you're not 'racing'. Is that why you didn't include the bike link after you jumped Gerald.

I guess you have never raced before and felt that feeling of wanting to get around the other guy at almost any cost, now throw in doing it on a street with Mom and her 3 kids in the minivan. Do you know how many people here in Houston die drag racing down Westheimer and 1960 every year? Or other cities? Or have you ever lost a friend or family member because some kid was street racing? Probably not or you would have a clue and you wouldn't continue to defend racing high powered, high speed vehicles on the street. Bike link? Was I supposed to leave a link here?

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So reckless driving is ok as long as you're not 'racing'. Is that why you didn't include the bike link after you jumped Gerald.

Are you a noob too? Do you know how many people here in Houston die drag racing down Westheimer and 1960 every year? Or other cities? Probably not or you would have a clue. Bike link? Was I supposed to leave a link here? Did someone ask for it? Did I miss something or is that your pethetic attempt to continue to stir crap here?
Funny you've been dragging that bike link around for awhile now, then you
just drop it at the beginning of this thread.
Most of the Viper vs bike videos I've seen, have been on roads with no oncoming
traffic. I see bike riders like you listed in the obituaries everyday. Give it up, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you a noob too? Do you know how many people here in Houston die drag racing down Westheimer and 1960 every year? Or other cities? Probably not or you would have a clue. Bike link? Was I supposed to leave a link here? Did someone ask for it? Did I miss something or is that your pethetic attempt to continue to stir crap here?
Funny you've been dragging that bike link around for awhile now, then you
just drop it at the beginning of this thread.
Most of the Viper vs bike videos I've seen, have been on roads with no oncoming
traffic. I see bike riders like you listed in the obituaries everyday. Give it up, you're just embarrassing yourself.

I know how bad you want to try and win your argument. Even to the point where you have to make things up. I've dropped no links or whatever you are talking about. I am embarrassed, but it's for you.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, you stupid ****, the link is at the top of this thread - for all
to see - unless you've deleted it. Do you have a brain injury or something!!
Maybe you've laid your bike over - one time too many.

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, you stupid ****, the link is at the top of this thread - for all
to see - unless you've deleted it. Do you have a brain injury or something!!
Maybe you've laid your bike over - one time too many.

For someone who has over 700 posts, it's funny that you still don't know what is part of someones signature and what is typed in a message. Look, I know that it is very important for you to win your argument, so I'll do you a favor.. You win... Is that better now? I'm tired and going to bed, so that gives you 8 hours to come up with some real witty and unncecssary response.

This all started when someone said they OWN sportbikes, yet has never raced one at the track. You don't OWN crap until you've done it at the track. And if Gerald lines his car (which I'm sure is fast) up next to a bike with someone other than a noob at the track, he will get his *** handed to him. How is that OWNing anything?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff to indicate that you would only believe a head to head contest at a drag strip is fruitless. Most (all that I know) dragstrips will not allow bikes and cars to run at the same time. You might as well state to compare time slips as that is all you will be able to compare.

The other thing that you miss is that high hp Vipers are generally very traction limited. Start from a 60 mph or higher roll, where traction is not as much of an issue, and the story unfolds differently. The 1/4 mile strip is just not long enough to compare the capabilities at higher speeds.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY YA PUNKS,
You all Jacked my thread. Thanks alot fellas. I dont care about your bikes or street racing, i want to know what your Viper ran at THE TRACK. Do i need to seperate you children. Bikes and street racing are cool in their own way but thats not what this thread is about. :)
Have a great day!

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
11.2 @ 134.7 mph. 1.98 short time, really green track. Would smoke BFG's at the top of 1st and 2nd. Could only launch at 2800.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang