What is your best 0 to 60 time...

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took about 20 runs to finally get into high threes, with best being 3.9, too much wheel spin at any rpms in first, no 3.55s, stock gears...other than S/C and headers, everything is stock, any ideas on how to improve times or this typical...

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion, the BFG puts them all to shame. Im running Nitto 555's but it's the special size I wanted. I really don't know much about the Kuhmo V700.

For the front, you would love the Goodyear F-1 They are great.

60 foot times very wildly. So many factors.

Mine was a 1.9 on an unpreped track. Pretty lousy considering I had the Nitto's on the car at the time. I need some serious practice.

By the way what ever drag radial you run, after about 8-10 runs, they will not be the same. Dramatic difference as they loose their oils. They will still be superior to a stocker tire.

Skip White

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PSSST! Skip...

he was talking about Zero-to-Sixty MPH, not 60 foot times. Hell, with a 3.9 second 60 foot time, he may want to sell his car! hahaha

John Myrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2.99 seconds on stock run-flat tires.

You can see the details in the December 2003 issue of MotorTrend magazine. Unfortunately they rounded off the 0-60 time to only one decimal place so the magazine shows 3.0 seconds.

The run was at San Antonio Raceway and the performance data was from a Stalker radar based data acquisition system.

The car is a 2003 SRT-10 with a 650R package from Heennnessey.

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, 2.99 now that's fast, I was told I should be running in the low 3's, but just couldn't do it, it has to be RPM thing, do you have the article by any chance and if so, would you post it please, thanks..

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gtech RR AND A STOP WATCH NOT SCIENTIFIC BUT CLOSE ENOUGH

1.5 SECONDS...CHAD....I KNOW ...BUT YOU HAVE A MONSTER

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are very skilled in launching or have extra sticky tires, it's uncertain that you will get your 0-60 times down much below 3.9 on the street, just because you have tons of power and it's too easy to spin the stock tires under hard acceleration. :eek:

If you check out the supertuner tests, you can see that even the twin turbo Vipers vary more than a half second in 0-60 runs, averaging around 3.8.
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?article_id=8745&section_id=15&page_number=3

But the real judgement of more powerful performance cars is 0-100MPH and the 1/4 mile time and speed. :2tu:

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys serious? I've not been to the track with my 04' yet but if the best I can do is 3.9, I'm gonna be really upset. I just "crossed over" from C5's which would routinely do 2.2 on stock run flats, 1.8-1.9 on drag radials and 1.4-1.5 on ET Streets... Dead stock c5's can pul 2.2's all day long...

This means I'm going to have to run the rest of the quarter 1.9 seconds faster than the vette just to tie him...

Boooo..

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys serious? I've not been to the track with my 04' yet but if the best I can do is 3.9, I'm gonna be really upset. I just "crossed over" from C5's which would routinely do 2.2 on stock run flats, 1.8-1.9 on drag radials and 1.4-1.5 on ET Streets... Dead stock c5's can pul 2.2's all day long...

This means I'm going to have to run the rest of the quarter 1.9 seconds faster than the vette just to tie him...

Boooo..

lol he means 3.9 seconds 0 - 60 MPH on street tires lol

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF you don't get it read Quote # 1 :

"PSSST! Skip...
he was talking about Zero-to-Sixty MPH, not 60 foot times"

If you still don't get it got QUOTE # 2 :

"Repeat after me... 0 - 60 mph time. Not talking short times here."

Still confused go to Quote # 3 :

lol he means 3.9 seconds 0 - 60 MPH on street tires lol

Any other questions ??????

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2.5 seconds. Oh, did you mean in my Viper? Probably in the 4s. 2.5 was my stock bike (which is rated for 2.4, but I can't do it - probably done with some 110lb drag racer, not my 200lb butt). :cool:

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay fine.. if this is a 0-60mph time, what can I expect for a short time..????

Again.. C5's are pulling 1.4 bests and 2.2 stock.. what does a typical SRT pull?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Again.. C5's are pulling 1.4 bests and 2.2 stock.. what does a typical SRT pull?
Dream on... I'm guessing this is a troll, and a poor one at that. C5s and C6s typically doing 4.2 and worse.

The only stock vehicles able to do mid-2 second 0-60mph times are top end sport motorcycles (with really light weight riders that know how to launch), and perhaps some $400k-plus exotics. SRTs are typically a bit less than 4 seconds - 3.8 and 3.9 seem typical.

If you're really curious, do a google search on "viper 0-60 performance".

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much any rwd car will pull a sub - 2.0 60' with enough practice. 60' isn't about power, it's all about traction and inertia. You'll see pretty much the same (rather poor) short times with the Viper as with the vette due to the run-flats and ****** (for drag racing) rear suspension.

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy, it took a while for the C5 (nevrenuf) dude to get it, but now we lost you..SO one more time here it goes, the question (poor me) was what is your best 0 to 60 times meaning 60 mph, now the C5 dude is asking about the 60' time with his being 1.4 to 2.2 . "Fluffy" ANSWERED HIS QUESTION.
I think a scooter can beat me to 60' with all that spinning , but the race doesn't end at 60'...